Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: How does SW replace Jason Spencer?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Maybe they already have from within but I have not heard. I always liked Spencer and think he is a good coach.
Very easy, IMO. Honestly I didnt care for Spencer as a coach, person wise he was ok.
I have an idea. You hold interviews.
I think someone said Cobb and SW had already talked prior to this news. Do not know how much truth there is to it.
No truth at all !!! I would think from within Maybe Chad GirdlerConfusedhh:
Promote someone...usually works well.
Cobb
I don't think he has left some gaping whole in which they don't know what they're gonna do without him. From what I've heard he was only the OC for 1 year in which their production feel from the previous years, and there is some question on whether or not he was even calling the plays.
Cobb
goscots56 Wrote:I don't think he has left some gaping whole in which they don't know what they're gonna do without him. From what I've heard he was only the OC for 1 year in which their production feel from the previous years, and there is some question on whether or not he was even calling the plays.

From what I was told, Spencer called "suggested" the plays and Dale gave the OK or not on them.
G.J. Wooldridge has been told to be ready to step up. IMO he's the best person for the job.
Who is Wooldridge?
Wooldridge coaches JV at SWHS. He played at SWHS around '02ish....He went on to play at WKU.
Captain Backdoor Wrote:G.J. Wooldridge has been told to be ready to step up. IMO he's the best person for the job.

No one else will take the job. No offense to the Woolridge kid, but Dale has ran off all the other good assistant coaches.
I really wonder if he is ready to step up? Maybe he will "suggest" plays also.
wildthang3 Wrote:No one else will take the job. No offense to the Woolridge kid, but Dale has ran off all the other good assistant coaches.
Which good ones has he "ran off" ?
I'm not gonna name names or start trouble on this site but its not anything new that SW has had a lot of assistant coaches thru the years.
wildthang3 Wrote:I'm not gonna name names or start trouble on this site but its not anything new that SW has had a lot of assistant coaches thru the years.

So what's your point? :popcorn:
If a assistant coach leaves for a head coaching position, more power to him.
Old Henry Man Wrote:If a assistant coach leaves for a head coaching position, more power to him.

Never said anything about him or any other assistant leaving for a HC spot. Sw has had plenty of good football coaches leave SW. Spencer is the only one to leave for a HC spot, so that is a weak arguement in this case. Like I said Sw has a rep for being a tough place to coach and that is why it is tough for them to get coaches to stay very long. Just saying facts are facts, the orange and bluers can argue all they want but its a fact, Sw goes thru alot of assistant coaches for one reason or another. Thats my point.
wildthang3 Wrote:Never said anything about him or any other assistant leaving for a HC spot. Sw has had plenty of good football coaches leave SW. Spencer is the only one to leave for a HC spot, so that is a weak arguement in this case. Like I said Sw has a rep for being a tough place to coach and that is why it is tough for them to get coaches to stay very long. Just saying facts are facts, the orange and bluers can argue all they want but its a fact, Sw goes thru alot of assistant coaches for one reason or another. Thats my point.

Without saying the reasons, you have no point.
Young Henry Man Wrote:Without saying the reasons, you have no point.

The point is that they go through alot of assistant coaches.
Lets see Currently they have
Coach Jim Girdler 16 years
Coach Chad Girdler 13 years
Coach Bural Coffey 4 Years (Graduated from Centre College came back to coach)
Coach David Lewis 6 years
Coach Spencer 3 years and now gone to be a head coach

Pretty Stable

Lost Coaches

Coach Buddy Jones -Retired from coaching and teaching
Coach Edwin Allin- Teaching job was eliminated and went to teach at North Laurel
Coach Steve Sharp= He is the only coach that was let go that I know of
Warriors32 Wrote:Lets see Currently they have

Pretty Stable

Lost Coaches

Coach Edwin Allin- Teaching job was eliminated and went to teach at North Laurel

Pretty stable. Plus, in my experience, a lot of variables go into asssitants staying and going, coaching and not coaching. And a lot of time it has very little to do with the current school.
Don't wooldridge coach there as well?
Southwestern Pulaski Fans, i wouldn't worry about it much if i were you, from what we have all heard,read,and know about Jason Spencer, his spot will not be very difficult to replace. He technically wasn't even the offensive coordinator at SW, and I still cannot find the reasoning on how he was even qualified to interview for the Henry job, much less actually get the job and take over a solid built program like Henry. According to my research, he hasnt even tasted much success in the football coaching profession, but best of luck to both sides, I hope Henry didn't just take a few steps back with this hire, their program seemed to be on the rise.
Gocolts13 Wrote:Southwestern Pulaski Fans, i wouldn't worry about it much if i were you, from what we have all heard,read,and know about Jason Spencer, his spot will not be very difficult to replace. He technically wasn't even the offensive coordinator at SW, and I still cannot find the reasoning on how he was even qualified to interview for the Henry job, much less actually get the job and take over a solid built program like Henry. According to my research, he hasnt even tasted much success in the football coaching profession, but best of luck to both sides, I hope Henry didn't just take a few steps back with this hire, their program seemed to be on the rise.

According to people I have talked to at HC, he isn't going to be the Offensive Coordinator but he will be the D Coordinator.
Young Henry Man Wrote:Pretty stable. Plus, in my experience, a lot of variables go into asssitants staying and going, coaching and not coaching. And a lot of time it has very little to do with the current school.

Warriors32 Wrote:Lets see Currently they have

Pretty Stable

Lost Coaches

Unfortunately in this business, coaches come and go.... those who have stayed are the core of his coaching staff. But he also has had a lot of one yr and done coaches too. maybe they stayed for 2 yrs and left. Most of the time coaches leave because of work or lack thereof... some may have left becasue of disagreements or other personal reasons. But that is the life of High School football.
Other notable coaches you may have forgotten
Dutch Johnson ( I think that was his name - came in the same time a Coffey)
Ed Sellars
Coach Hensley
those are few that come to mind right away. I was thinking they had a young kid there who coached the JV and freshmen teams before Wooldridge...I may be wrong but I think he used to play QB for them back in the day....could be wrong there...
wiseguy85 Wrote:Unfortunately in this business, coaches come and go.... those who have stayed are the core of his coaching staff. But he also has had a lot of one yr and done coaches too. maybe they stayed for 2 yrs and left. Most of the time coaches leave because of work or lack thereof... some may have left becasue of disagreements or other personal reasons. But that is the life of High School football.
Other notable coaches you may have forgotten
Dutch Johnson ( I think that was his name - came in the same time a Coffey)
Ed Sellars
Coach Hensley
those are few that come to mind right away. I was thinking they had a young kid there who coached the JV and freshmen teams before Wooldridge...I may be wrong but I think he used to play QB for them back in the day....could be wrong there...

Others-
Slade calhoun
Scott Blair
Dt Boone
Scott Tomlinson
Greg Kinney
Jim ****
Buddy Jones
Cody Gibson
Im sure a bunch more I didnt mention.

Just the ones I know off the top of my head that werent mentioned. As Wise said, various reasons as to why these guys left. Not a big deal but to back up my previous comment, SW has gone thru alot of assistant coaches, regardless the reasons.