Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry County Central 61 - Johnson Central 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Wow, I was wrong. Congrats PC.
Stats anyone?
Wow. Perry starting to click with 6th straight win. They are the team to beat in 14th IMO.
I didn't expect this bad of a loss from the Eagles.
MVP2 Wrote:Stats anyone?

1/29/2011

Perry Co. Central 61
Johnson Central 42

Johnson Central 10 19 3 10 42
Perry Co. Central 12 12 21 16 61

Johnson Central (12-5) -- Skaggs 3, J. Hall 7, Gallagher 3, Salyers 3, Blackburn 2, S. Hall 4, Parker 18, Akers 2.

Perry Co. Central (13-4) -- Dy. Cornett 16, Brewer 9, Combs 9, Da. Cornett 11, Huff 8, Pray 3, Beverly 3, Kelly 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1CUNafXeU
PC must have played some GREAT D in the 3rd quarter holding JC to 3 points!
congrats to PCC
I said PCC by 20....
off by 1....
get some, MVP Wink
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, I was wrong. Congrats PC.

so what happened to you can't win by that much with playing hatcher ball? lol
I said this game would be a JOKE!!!! IT WAS!!!! The Foul trouble in the 1st half was the only thing that kept this close....YOU would have 2 agree withme NOW!!!!
We'll I agree bdub cause like u said in the first half hatcher didn't play the younger cornett. Or brewer that much due to foul trouble and u seen what happened the second half when they got back in it completely turned the game around and the huff kid played good defense on Parker the second half as well people thought this would been a good game but u seen what happened
Good job Dores!!!
UkFan23 Wrote:so what happened to you can't win by that much with playing hatcher ball? lol

They proved me wrong. lol....What happen to JC in the 3rd?
MVP2 Wrote:They proved me wrong. lol....What happen to JC in the 3rd?

The pressure was turned up on the guards and PCCs big men sent every shot taken inside of 6 feet to the third row lol
This in my opinion makes Betsy Layne stronger for the 15th,, even with Parker, B.L played P.C.C. alot closer..
Tellme2 Wrote:This in my opinion makes Betsy Layne stronger for the 15th,, even with Parker, B.L played P.C.C. alot closer..

I agree..
Congrats Perry...

but can the Red & White get some love? We only lost to Perry Central by 10 without Pinson and Strother?
Good game Dores!
Wow.. Skaggs with only 3 points!
Congrads to a solid team in PC. PC made the adjustments at half and really turned up the D in the 3rd and walked away with an easy win. I thought JC was way out coached! Hard not to see that…PC came in at half time and made some big adjustments after down by 5 at half and exposed the weaknesses. They came out doubled Parker and ran a box and one on Wade all over the court and it was OVER.

Some food for thought moving forward!

1. Skaggs can’t continue to put up limited shots and JC win big games. (Lebron James would have a hard time getting looks, if you have a defender in his nostrils everywhere you go. Teams are running a box and one, understand it and help him get open. SCREENS!!!!

2. Please tell me that there is a better offense than the Church league style we are playing. One pass and shoot. You can’t come down, make one pass, lower your head and try to get to the basket in a zone defense. Counted 9 possessions we did this in a roll.

3. Tommy needs to run some set offense with SCREENS to get people open. As I said, we aren’t being patience enough. Attach the zone in the gaps. Pass and swing the ball fast, not slow pace giving your man time to react. 1st grade rules!

4. I realize we are a pressing running style team and at times we are very good at it, but when it doesn’t work, there seems to be no half court offense. Prove me wrong.

5. Chemistry we still are not accepting roles. Pretty much 2/3 of the schedule is gone and do we really understand our strengths? Who needs to be what in order for the team to be successful? Players that are 16 to 18 years old can’t control the team, they need to be coached and made to do what is expected of them.

We can be so good, it’s just hard to sit and watch knowing the potential that we have.
TSSI Wrote:Congrads to a solid team in PC. PC made the adjustments at half and really turned up the D in the 3rd and walked away with an easy win. I thought JC was way out coached! Hard not to see that…PC came in at half time and made some big adjustments after down by 5 at half and exposed the weaknesses. They came out doubled Parker and ran a box and one on Wade all over the court and it was OVER.

1. Skaggs can’t continue to put up limited shots and JC win big games. (Lebron James would have a hard time getting looks, if you have a defender in his nostrils everywhere you go. Teams are running a box and one, understand it and help him get open. SCREENS!!!!

2. Please tell me that there is a better offense than the Church league style we are playing. One pass and shoot. You can’t come down, make one pass, lower your head and try to get to the basket in a zone defense. Counted 9 possessions we did this in a roll.
3. Tommy needs to run some set offense with SCREENS to get people open. As I said, we aren’t being patience enough. Attach the zone in the gaps. Pass and swing the ball fast, not slow pace giving your man time to react. 1st grade rules!

4. I realize we are a pressing running style team and at times we are very good at it, but when it doesn’t work, there seems to be no half court offense. Prove me wrong.

5. Chemistry we still are not accepting roles. Pretty much 2/3 of the schedule is gone and do we really understand our strengths? Who needs to be what in order for the team to be successful? Players that are 16 to 18 years old can’t control the team, they need to be coached and made to do what is expected of them.

We can be so good, it’s just hard to sit and watch knowing the potential that we have.

is it not in a row? in a roll. i dont think so
Johnson Central has the talent. However, the coach is in over his head.
The littler Cornett almost had two nice dunks is this one. -GO EAGELS!!!
TSSI Wrote:Congrads to a solid team in PC. PC made the adjustments at half and really turned up the D in the 3rd and walked away with an easy win. I thought JC was way out coached! Hard not to see that…PC came in at half time and made some big adjustments after down by 5 at half and exposed the weaknesses. They came out doubled Parker and ran a box and one on Wade all over the court and it was OVER.

Wade is no Lebron James.
I didn't watch this one...
but I somehow doubt Perry ran a box and one....
Did they?
they ran a triangle and 2 the second half against parker and skaggs. perry made this adjustment and it was a big factor in how they won the game.
I thought the four 3 pointers in a row to start the 3rd quarter is what broke Central"s back.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:Johnson Central has the talent. However, the coach is in over his head.

I agree! This is a very talented team and would be a sure thing state tournamnet team with good coaching. I like Tommy, but he was put in this postion to young. In addtion, he has no staff that can help him. I want them to do good, but I will be suprised if they can win the region, may have trouble in the district. It is a shame to see so much talent wasted every year.
JC needs to run a better offence, one pass and shoot will not win games, that produces more points. 40 to 50 a game isn't enough. If they swing the ball against the zones they have been facing they will get open looks and plenty of points for everyone. Keep your head up boys the seasons not over, its about to start.:rockon:
Pages: 1 2