Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 86 Knott County 77
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1/29/2011

Powell Co. 86
Knott Co. Central 77

Knott Co. Central 18 14 25 20 77
Powell Co. 23 18 17 28 86

Knott Co. Central (10-7) -- Slone 36, Roberts 17, Sparkman 2, Potter 2, Adams 7, E. Hall 9, L. Hall 4.

Powell Co. (8-6) -- Creech 20, Reed 15, Marcum 28, Pelfrey 13, Conner 8, Dennis 2.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1CU2SELvf
Didn't Expect This, Congrats PC
Way to go boys... you never gave up! We are all so proud. But they still need to work on rebounding the ball.GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Pats are going down hill fast! Who is that coach? He's terrible.
Huh? Didn't expect this? I agree was at the game, what was kcc trying to do?>\
Wow, good win Powell. Nice game from Slone though.
Looks like Slone had a good game. But losing Davis for KCC was a HUGE downer.

Congrats PC!
Is Bryan Hall still the Powell coach? Congrats on the big upset.
Did KCC not defend in this game? 86 points is a lot to give up.
WOW!! :yikes: I never expected this one!! Congrats Pirates!
WOW... Was the Offense that good or no one play any D??
Tellme2 Wrote:Is Bryan Hall still the Powell coach? Congrats on the big upset.

Yes.
He is a great coach..
I heard Powell Co. shot 47 free throws and KCC only shot 17. If this is true you know what went on there, HOME COOKING!!!
Very surprising outcome.
Kcc didnt stop Powell from shooting the 3 pointers. They left marcum and reed wide open too many times. I dont know how many they free throws they shot but Kcc missed to many of them, and Powell made most of theirs.
Big win for Powell Co. Congratulations!:Thumbs:
Great win Pirates!!! congrats to you.

Marcum lead the team with 28/ 4 three pointers, 1- 2 pointer, and 14 free throws( 4 of which were from technical fouls commited by Knott)He was 14 for 14 from free throw

Creech had 20/ 1 three pointer, 5- 2 pointers, and 7 free throws.He was 7 for 7 from free throw

Reed had 15/ 3 three pointers, 1- 2 pointer, and 4 free throws.He was 4 for 6 from free throw

Pelfrey had 13/ 2 three pointers, 1- 2 pointer, and 5 free throws.He was 5 for 9 from free throw

Conner had 8/ 3- 2 pointers and 2 free throw.

Dennis had 2/ 1- 2 pointer.

I believe that having 4 of the five startes in double figures is what won the game for us and frustrated Knott into making a ton of fouls which they did commit. Surprise looks like the region is wide open. When you look at it Powell only had 8 three pointers so the majority of our points did not come from three pointers. 24 from threes/ 28 from free throws mostly in the last quarter when Knott had nothing else they could do this included 2 technical fouls one for somones filthy mouth/ 34 from 2 pointers. So the majority came from inside the arch not from the free throw line or three point shots.

TongueirateSho
Sorry about that i thought they had more three pointers than that.
Powell has a GREAT team if they play TOGETHER. this is no suprise to me. when Trey is Shooting well, Creech is being the leader on the floor and Conner and Pelfrey are grabbing rebounds, as well as Reed lighting it up on occaision its hard to beat Powell. the problem is that this TEAM rarely come to the gym and plays.
good win for powell and tough loss for knott. the loss of davis and the poor coaching is really starting to hurt them. i still think knott is the better team without davis but there struggling now. i still think powell is around the 6th or 7th best team in the region though.
Good job Powell County.
CinciFan3556 Wrote:Powell has a GREAT team if they play TOGETHER. this is no suprise to me. when Trey is Shooting well, Creech is being the leader on the floor and Conner and Pelfrey are grabbing rebounds, as well as Reed lighting it up on occaision its hard to beat Powell. the problem is that this TEAM rarely come to the gym and plays.

I'll agree that Powell has a GREAT team and it seems that lately they have been getting used to each other and really playing as a team. Everyone needs to do their job for them to win. If they continue playing like this who knows where they could go.

Just a side note as a team for rebounds they had only 14 which will need to increase for them to go far. Creech 3/ Reed 1/ Marcum 1/Conner 4/ Dennis 1/Monnett 1/Pelfrey 2. They really struggle in this area but I think this game in particular was difficult due to Knott's big inside guys.

:CheerleadGO PIRATES
Powell Co had 16 points in the 3rd quarter and only 1 field goal. The free throws didn't come at the end of the game. But this is not out of the norm, the 14th region has the worst refs in the state.
congrats coach hall!!!!!!! (you probably gave them the bull speach before the game. thats what won it for ya lol) niiiiice win.
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:I heard Powell Co. shot 47 free throws and KCC only shot 17. If this is true you know what went on there, HOME COOKING!!!
Comparing free throw totals is not always what it seems. I wasn't at this game and I'm not saying I know what happened but I know that if one team presses a lot more than the other then that can lead more fouling. Some teams are good at drawing fouls and getting to the line. Some teams shoot more 3's. Some play more zone defense.
Plus evidently Knott was assessed a few T's and that will certainly inflate the other team's free throw total.
Powell is not a terrible team and are dangerous to any opponent on their home court. Don't act like they are some tiny All A class school that shouldn't beat the big boys of the region once in a while. Heck, they are one of the big boys as far as enrollment goes---about 100 more students than what Knott has.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Comparing free throw totals is not always what it seems. I wasn't at this game and I'm not saying I know what happened but I know that if one team presses a lot more than the other then that can lead more fouling. Some teams are good at drawing fouls and getting to the line. Some teams shoot more 3's. Some play more zone defense.
Plus evidently Knott was assessed a few T's and that will certainly inflate the other team's free throw total.
Powell is not a terrible team and are dangerous to any opponent on their home court. Don't act like they are some tiny All A class school that shouldn't beat the big boys of the region once in a while. Heck, they are one of the big boys as far as enrollment goes---about 100 more students than what Knott has.

Seems like they are getting T's every game.
Congrats to the Pirates and especially Coach Hall. When things were going bad it seemed there was alot of bashing of Coach Hall on here. I would say things are going alot better so where are all those bashers now? I think he needs to be praised for the good job that he and his staff have done so far this season. CUDOS to Coach Hall!
coachpete50 Wrote:Seems like they are getting T's every game.

Starts with the coach, then goes down to the fans, then the players seem to get in on the bad attitude and filthy mouths. Some of the worst I've ever heard at some of the games this year. They weren't like that last year, they were really classy kids. Someone better get control of them or they will have a major problem sometime this year.:igiveup: