Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds, Edinson Volquez Nearing Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The two sides are close to a one-year contract worth around $1.6MM, reports Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes (via Twitter)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/01/re...-deal.html
Glad to see the Reds making som emoves to keep the talent they got. But until MLB does something to make the team salaries more even, the Yankess and BoSox and major market teams will continue to take away talent from smaller market teams. Teams like the Yanks and Sox don't need farm teams because they can just buy talent from other organizations. That is the biggest thing I hate about MLB.
^ I completely disagree that MLB should do anything to keep the salaries even. Sure it hurts our teams, but I in no way support "equal and fair". I left the job that I had 10 years ago because of the salary that I offered in order to go elsewhere. When the next job comes around and someone is willing to give me the salary that I wish, I will leave again.
Stardust Wrote:^ I completely disagree that MLB should do anything to keep the salaries even. Sure it hurts our teams, but I in no way support "equal and fair". I left the job that I had 10 years ago because of the salary that I offered in order to go elsewhere. When the next job comes around and someone is willing to give me the salary that I wish, I will leave again.
In Professional sports I think it makes the leagues more competitive and better to watch. So yes it is needed.