Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Girls Sweet 16 Tournament Draw
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wednesday March 9th

Region 8 v Region 4 - 12:00 pm

Region 7 v Region 2 - 1:30 pm

Region 6 v Region 14 - 6:30 pm

Region 5 v Region 10 - 8:00 pm

Thursday March 10th

Region 15 v Region 16 - 12:00 pm

Region 1 v Region 9 - 1:30 pm

Region 11 v Region 12 - 6:30 pm

Region 13 v Region 3 - 8:00 pm

http://www.khsaa.org/basketball/girls/sw...et2011.pdf
Could be Rock & Scott in first round game.
Very top loaded bracket.... Mercy should be playing on Sat morning against Butler, E-town, or Perry Central... The bottom Bracket Rock or Scott should be playing Saturday night on the easy road!
i got goose bumps when i say the 11th and 12th paring
In theory it could be:

Anderson County (8)
Bowling Green (4)

DuPont Manual(7)
Crittenden County (2)

Butler (6)
Perry County Central (14)

Marion County (5)
Clark County (10)

Belfry (15)
Rowan County (16)

Calloway County (1)
Boone County (9)

Scott County (11)
Rockcastle County (12)

Grayson County (3)
Clay County (13)
The 8th region got a terrible draw as always.
Rockcastle County owes Scott County a good rump dusting after what happened to them in last year's state semifinals.
Both teams played exceptionaly well last year."What happened" wasnt due to either team."What happened" was the OFFICALS not officiating the entire game.These two teams and coaching staffs equally have alot of respect for each other-and are friends-some very close friends.BE COOL and enjoy this rivalry with the correct respect it deserves.
Bluemoon Wrote:Both teams played exceptionaly well last year."What happened" wasnt due to either team."What happened" was the OFFICALS not officiating the entire game.These two teams and coaching staffs equally have alot of respect for each other-and are friends-some very close friends.BE COOL and enjoy this rivalry with the correct respect it deserves.

I agree with you. its a heated rivalry but a friendly one as well. i hope we both are lucky to meet in state.
Right now,Im not convinced Scott Co. will get out of District,let alone Region.
They took an ugly whipping at the LIT by SHA.They are playing with no zeal
or drive right now.I do hope they correct themselves SOON.
Bluemoon Wrote:Right now,Im not convinced Scott Co. will get out of District,let alone Region.
They took an ugly whipping at the LIT by SHA.They are playing with no zeal
or drive right now.I do hope they correct themselves SOON.

Who is in their district? How does the seeding look right now?
LWC Wrote:Who is in their district? How does the seeding look right now?

Henry clay
Sayre
Bryan Station
LWC Wrote:In theory it could be:

Anderson County (8)
Bowling Green (4)

DuPont Manual(7)
Crittenden County (2)

Butler (6)
Perry County Central (14)

Marion County (5)
Clark County (10)

Belfry (15)
Rowan County (16)

Calloway County (1)
Boone County (9)

Scott County (11)
Rockcastle County (12)

Grayson County (3)
Clay County (13)

I would be careful giving the 2nd region to Crittenden County. I've seen them Union County and Hop Town and that region is a toss up between those 3 teams. And being in the 3rd region, Grayson County, Owensboro Catholic, would be a great final game.
BigEastZebra Wrote:I would be careful giving the 2nd region to Crittenden County. I've seen them Union County and Hop Town and that region is a toss up between those 3 teams. And being in the 3rd region, Grayson County, Owensboro Catholic, would be a great final game.

Becca Greenwell may have something to say about the 3rd Region, right? I agree that Union County could come out of the 2nd. I have not seen or heard much about Hopkinsville, but they might do it as well.
how does the 16th region look this year?
Weak, but I say Ashland or boyd
The Fleming County Panthers are having a good season as well, but you are right, Ashland probably takes it.
Time2Shine Wrote:how does the 16th region look this year?

Aside from Ashland not too good. They havent last a game in state this year! Yet that is
Mr. Onion Head Wrote:Aside from Ashland not too good. They havent last a game in state this year! Yet that is

While that is technically true, they haven't exactly played a top notch schedule.

Dec 3, 10 Fairview away 80 - 29 (W) Click
Dec 4, 10 Boyd County home 51 - 48 (W) Click
Dec 6, 10 South Point, OH away 42 - 64 (L) Click
Dec 14, 10 Ironton, OH away 43 - 56 (L) Click
Dec 18, 10 Russell away 52 - 34 (W) Click
Dec 20, 10 Somerset at Carroll County 52 - 41 (W) Click North American Stainless Classic
Dec 21, 10 Oldham County at Carroll County 67 - 62 (W) Click North American Stainless Classic
Dec 22, 10 Carroll County away 56 - 37 (W) Click North American Stainless Classic
Jan 3, 11 Morgan County home 68 - 46 (W) Click
Jan 7, 11 Rose Hill Christian home 69 - 20 (W) Click
Jan 8, 11 Pendleton County home 58 - 44 (W) Click Ashland Kitten Shootout
Jan 10, 11 Fleming County home 67 - 58 (W) Click
Jan 14, 11 Rowan County away 56 - 49 (W) Click
Jan 17, 11 Mason County home 59 - 51 (W) Click
Jan 19, 11 East Carter home 59 - 33 (W) Click
Jan 22, 11 Boyd County away 57 - 53 (W) Click
Jan 27, 11 St. Joseph, WV away 39 - 59 (L) Click St. Joseph Invitational
Jan 29, 11 Boyd County at St. Joseph, WV 61 - 55 (W) Click St. Joseph Invitational
Jan 31, 11 Raceland away 54 - 42 (W) Click
Feb 1, 11 Rose Hill Christian away 79 - 49 (W) Click
Feb 3, 11 Fairview home 85 - 58 (W) Click
Ashland, not the strongest schedule . Saw on their roster they have no Sr.s and only two Jr.s Extremely young team.
I agree that the 16th is a pretty weak region, but its not the worst in the state. Even with the 16th being down, if you would have predicted at the beginning of the season that Ashland would be undefeated in Kentucky and standing at 18-3 at this point of the season I would have said you were smoking some ....... well you get the point. Coach Bill Bradley has done a wonderful job with his young Kittens thus far. That being said, the region could still be won by 3 or 4 teams. I don't conisider any team to be an overwhelming favorite this year. it should be fun!
I would not give the 8th to Anderson County. They lost to South Oldham and Owen County.
Ashland is undefeated in state with 14 0f their 18 wins being REGION wins.They own the 16th.
Bluemoon Wrote:Ashland is undefeated in state with 14 0f their 18 wins being REGION wins.They own the 16th.

Whoopee.
WHOOPEE?!?!? Please explain
bhamgirl Wrote:I would not give the 8th to Anderson County. They lost to South Oldham and Owen County.

I agree. I think that Anderson County has the most talent and potential, but South Oldham, Owen County, Simon Kenton, or Walton-Verona could easily win the region. It should be an exciting tournament.