Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knicks 93 - Heat 88
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
How did Amare play?
This isn't true.
Lebron was 7-24 from the field.
D-Wade couldn't miss all night until the fourth quarter(0-7).
zaga_fan Wrote:Lebron was 7-24 from the field.

They really keyed in on him in the 4th, It was a great game to watch.
zaga_fan Wrote:Lebron was 7-24 from the field.

Lebron shooting his arm off like always. He cost them the game Smile
Wildcatk23 Wrote:They really keyed in on him in the 4th, It was a great game to watch.

They definitely did.
He hated his life for 12 minutes.
Aslan Wrote:Lebron shooting his arm off like always. He cost them the game Smile
That's funny. Lebron plays five minutes a game more, shoots fewer shots, and hits a higher FG percentage than Kobe. He also manages to rack up 2+ assists per game more than Kobe. Here I thought you were a Kobe fan but it sounds like you have a problem with his selfish play. :biggrin:
The Knicks couldn't hit a shot all night until the 4th quarter they got on a run and they never looked back.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:That's funny. Lebron plays five minutes a game more, shoots fewer shots, and hits a higher FG percentage than Kobe. He also manages to rack up 2+ assists per game more than Kobe. Here I thought you were a Kobe fan but it sounds like you have a problem with his selfish play. :biggrin:

And Who's the D Wade on Kobe's team?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:And Who's the D Wade on Kobe's team?
Not sure I see your point. Lebron racked up more assists than Kobe when he was a Cav and he had no D Wade there. Nor did he have a Gasol to feed. For a Kobe fan to criticize Lebron for being a ball hog is crazy, IMO. The numbers don't support that argument no matter how you want to dissect them. (Isn't a reminder of how many rings Kobe has on his fingers past due?)
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Not sure I see your point. Lebron racked up more assists than Kobe when he was a Cav and he had no D Wade there. Nor did he have a Gasol to feed. For a Kobe fan to criticize Lebron for being a ball hog is crazy, IMO. The numbers don't support that argument no matter how you want to dissect them. (Isn't a reminder of how many rings Kobe has on his fingers past due?)

Kobe takes more shots than Lebron because he should, and he needs to. Lebron racked up more assist because he drove to the basket and found open players, he is a great passer. Kobe on the other hand gets his shots and passes to Gasol and gasol creates his own shots. There 2 totally different types of players. Gasol penetrates and kicks out, Kobe passes and his team mates create. Therfor allowing lebron to get assist and kobe not to. All and all Lebron is a passer and kobe is a scorer. It might work out for Lebron this year since he finally has someone who can win the games he quits in.
OMG Wildcat I'm disowning you as a friend, Kobe sucks..
Lebron had a bad game, the crowd was getting to him bad and you could tell.
He usually puts up big #'s at the Garden but not this time.
Everyone has a off game, this was one of them, we all seen what happened to the Knicks not to long ago.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Kobe takes more shots than Lebron because he should, and he needs to. Lebron racked up more assist because he drove to the basket and found open players, he is a great passer. Kobe on the other hand gets his shots and passes to Gasol and gasol creates his own shots. There 2 totally different types of players. Gasol penetrates and kicks out, Kobe passes and his team mates create. Therfor allowing lebron to get assist and kobe not to. All and all Lebron is a passer and kobe is a scorer. It might work out for Lebron this year since he finally has someone who can win the games he quits in.

No, Kobe takes more shots because he is a BALL HOG! If you will recall Shaq hated Kobe becasue Kobe is a Ball Hog, thus he wanted out of LA. Nad for the same reason, we may have heard the first utterence of the term "he's a Selfish Mother ******" from Phil Jackson, who also hated Kobe because he is a Ball Hog!

No team mate has ever uttered those words about Lebron!
Stardust Wrote:No, Kobe takes more shots because he is a BALL HOG! If you will recall Shaq hated Kobe becasue Kobe is a Ball Hog, thus he wanted out of LA. Nad for the same reason, we may have heard the first utterence of the term "he's a Selfish Mother ******" from Phil Jackson, who also hated Kobe because he is a Ball Hog!

:Thumbs: :thatsfunn Now, tell us how you really really feel about the Lakers' ball hog.

It will be interesting to see if Kobe ever matures enough to accept a smaller scoring role as he enters the twighlight of his career. My guess is that his FG% will simply drop as he continues to get "his" shots and then blames his teammates for his own declining performance.
It came across the screen last night that Kobe had taked fewer than 20 FGs in 6 straight games.
Kobe is doing the same thing MJ did in the last few years he had with the Bulls and we're going to see it pay off very soon.
zaga_fan Wrote:It came across the screen last night that Kobe had taked fewer than 20 FGs in 6 straight games.
Kobe is doing the same thing MJ did in the last few years he had with the Bulls and we're going to see it pay off very soon.

Oh I get it..

Kobe "taked" fewer shots than MJ.
Got it.
Oh wow, Lebrons field goal percentage is two points higher than Kobe's. If it's only two points higher than you have to say that Lebron is in the same boat as Kobe's and is a ballhog as well. Kobe takes more difficult shots than anyone in the game and still maintains a good Field goal percentage (45%).
And how can you say Kobe sucks? That's being completely biased and makes you look like you have no idea what your talking about. He is the 8th on the All Time Scoring list, passing Hakeem Olajuwon recently, who happens to be one of the greatest centers ever.
When Kobe retires he will be top 5 on the scoring list and will be remembered as one of the greatest players ever.
If you would have asked me a few years ago who the best player in the world was, I'd definitely said Kobe. But Kobe is past his prime now. Injuries and age has hampered his game, but he is still great, recently leading his team to back to back titles.
I don't like Lebron but he is the best player in the world today. I call it like I see it! However when he's retired I believe Kobe will be remembered as the better player. In the NBA your success and greatness is defined by leading your team to championships. Michael Jordan wouldn't be regarded as the greatest player ever if he didn't have 6 rings.
The Lakers and Spurs have won 9 of the last 12 titles. In this day with free agency that is truly crazy. That's why Kobe and Duncan(as much as I hate to say it) will be remembered as two of the greats.
zaga_fan Wrote:It came across the screen last night that Kobe had taked fewer than 20 FGs in 6 straight games.
What you fail to mention is that the streak ended last night.

For the season, Kobe takes shot shot every 1:44. On average, it takes Lebron 2:02 to find his higher percentage shots. Kobe manages an assist per 6:47 that he plays, while Lebron racks up an assist every 5:19.

Like I said, it is absolutely crazy for any Kobe fan to call Lebron James a ball hog while at the same time defending Kobe's selfish play.
Aslan Wrote:Oh wow, Lebrons field goal percentage is two points higher than Kobe's. If it's only two points higher than you have to say that Lebron is in the same boat as Kobe's and is a ballhog as well. Kobe takes more difficult shots than anyone in the game and still maintains a good Field goal percentage (45%).
And how can you say Kobe sucks? That's being completely biased and makes you look like you have no idea what your talking about. He is the 8th on the All Time Scoring list, passing Hakeem Olajuwon recently, who happens to be one of the greatest centers ever.
When Kobe retires he will be top 5 on the scoring list and will be remembered as one of the greatest players ever.
If you would have asked me a few years ago who the best player in the world was, I'd definitely said Kobe. But Kobe is past his prime now. Injuries and age has hampered his game, but he is still great, recently leading his team to back to back titles.
I don't like Lebron but he is the best player in the world today. I call it like I see it! However when he's retired I believe Kobe will be remembered as the better player. In the NBA your success and greatness is defined by leading your team to championships. Michael Jordan wouldn't be regarded as the greatest player ever if he didn't have 6 rings.
The Lakers and Spurs have won 9 of the last 12 titles. In this day with free agency that is truly crazy. That's why Kobe and Duncan(as much as I hate to say it) will be remembered as two of the greats.
This is what ball hogs do. That is what makes them ball hogs and limits their opportunities to get assists.
Ballers Wrote:OMG Wildcat I'm disowning you as a friend, Kobe sucks..
Lebron had a bad game, the crowd was getting to him bad and you could tell.
He usually puts up big #'s at the Garden but not this time.
Everyone has a off game, this was one of them, we all seen what happened to the Knicks not to long ago.

I never said anything about lebron being a ball hog. I was clearly stating why he had more assist than kobe.

Stardust Wrote:No, Kobe takes more shots because he is a BALL HOG! If you will recall Shaq hated Kobe becasue Kobe is a Ball Hog, thus he wanted out of LA. Nad for the same reason, we may have heard the first utterence of the term "he's a Selfish Mother ******" from Phil Jackson, who also hated Kobe because he is a Ball Hog!

O'neal uttered a lot more than that when he was in LA. I love shaq but overall they chose Kobe and it worked out good for them. Although I do no count last years Championship as one.

Hoot Gibson Wrote::Thumbs: :thatsfunn Now, tell us how you really really feel about the Lakers' ball hog.

It will be interesting to see if Kobe ever matures enough to accept a smaller scoring role as he enters the twighlight of his career. My guess is that his FG% will simply drop as he continues to get "his" shots and then blames his teammates for his own declining performance.

Kobe's stats have actually stayed the same since 2008 as he has aged. Which then again if u shot 15 free throws a game it wouldnt be that hard.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:This is what ball hogs do. That is what makes them ball hogs and limits their opportunities to get assists.

This just in....
if you like the Lakers you can't say anything bad about Lebron because of HG
[Image: haters-gonna-hate-32402-1270523864-286.jpg]
zaga_fan Wrote:This just in....
if you like the Lakers you can't say anything bad about Lebron because of HG
Aside from repeating the number of rings adorning Kobe's fingers, his fans don't seem to be able to deal rationally with the stats that show conclusively that if Lebron is a ball hog, then so must be their beloved Kobe.

Kobe fans: say whatever you want about whomever you want - just be prepared to be challenged when your emotions get the best of your brain. Calling Lebron ball hog is one of those occasions. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Aside from repeating the number of rings adorning Kobe's fingers, his fans don't seem to be able to deal rationally with the stats that show conclusively that if Lebron is a ball hog, then so must be their beloved Kobe. Say whatever you want about whomever you want - just be prepared to be challenged when your emotions get the best of your brain. :biggrin:

I hate both of them. Smile, I hate lebron because he is a cry baby blame everyone else media puppet.

I hate kobe because they get every call possible while playing for the lakers.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I hate both of them. Smile, I hate lebron because he is a cry baby blame everyone else media puppet.

I hate kobe because they get every call possible while playing for the lakers.
I don't consider myself a fan of anybody. I agree with you on both players, I dislike both Kobe and Lebron because they are spoiled punks. I have a little more respect for Lebron because he is a less selfish player on the court - but he handled the criticism of the Cleveland fans when he left town with zero class.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't consider myself a fan of anybody. I agree with you on both players, I dislike both Kobe and Lebron because they are spoiled punks. I have a little more respect for Lebron because he is a less selfish player on the court - but he handled the criticism of the Cleveland fans when he left town with zero class.

I cant believe were agreeing. Must be my bed time.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I cant believe were agreeing. Must be my bed time.
Maybe you just dreamed that we agreed on something. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Aside from repeating the number of rings adorning Kobe's fingers, his fans don't seem to be able to deal rationally with the stats that show conclusively that if Lebron is a ball hog, then so must be their beloved Kobe.

Kobe fans: say whatever you want about whomever you want - just be prepared to be challenged when your emotions get the best of your brain. Calling Lebron ball hog is one of those occasions. :biggrin:

I never called him a ball hog....
I just said he was 7-24 and Kobe had a streak of games with under 20 FGs.
Say all your trash about rationalizing stats but 20 years from now and these guys NBA days are over....
if Kobe has 8 rings and Lebron has 0 that will be the only stat anyone will talk about.
Go ahead and get your windows calculator out and invent a few more stats to try to prove that one wrong but you won't be able to.
Lebron has shown us one thing in his career. The ability to perform well when nothing is on the line.
MJ averaged 2 more shots a game than Kobe did, and no one calls him a ball hog. Why? Because he is doing the same thing that Kobe does, putting his team in the best position to win the game.
Is Lebron doing that with his fancy stat lines and his high% FGs every 2.0583842388416587 seconds?
We will all see this summer Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:I never called him a ball hog....
Say all your trash about rationalizing stats but 20 years from now and these guys NBA days are over....
if Kobe has 8 rings and Lebron has 0 that will be the only stat anyone will talk about.
Go ahead and get your windows calculator out and invent a few more stats to try to prove that one wrong but you won't be able to.
Lebron has shown us one thing in his career. The ability to perform well when nothing is on the line.
MJ averaged 2 more shots a game than Kobe did, and no one calls him a ball hog. Why? Because he is doing the same thing that Kobe does, putting his team in the best position to win the game.
Is Lebron doing that with his fancy stat lines and his high% FGs every 2.0583842388416587 seconds?
:lmao: See, that's the problem with placing highly paid entertainers, which is all Kobe and Lebron are, on pedestals and becoming a fan (short form of "fanatic"). Any criticism of them gets taken personally and results in laughable defenses of ludicrous positions.

In sports like basketball, statistics are the only rational, objective way to measure the value of a single player in what is a team sport. In this case, the statistics make a strong case that supports my position that Kobe is more of a ball hog than Lebron. Unable to cite any statistics to support the opposite position, Kobe fans are left to once again cite the irrelevant statistic that Lebron has not played on a championship team yet.

History in all major sports has shown to anybody who pays attention that players who play in major media markets like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles have a far greater chance of playing on championship teams than players who play in small media markets like Cleveland. Again, the reason that this has been true is obvious to anybody who is capable of putting his hero worship aside for a minute or two.

Teams like the Lakers, Yankees, and Bulls have generally been better financed and offer players greater opportunities to earn endorsement income than teams like the Timberwolves or the Nuggets. Sure, there are exceptions like the current Knicks and Cubs, whose inept management over the years has leveled the playing field for opposing teams, but big media market teams have a large built in advantage over small media market teams.

If it makes you happy, then keep pretending that Kobe brings so many intangibles to the table that are not reflected in any statistics that he is personally responsible for winning NBA championships. And keep making the case that Lebron is just lacking some magic factor, which again do not show up in any statistics, which has prevented him from leading the Cavs to an NBA championship. As for me, I will just continue to laugh at the ridiculous lengths to which Kobe "fans" will go to defend their man.

Do you really want to make the case that Michael Jordan, whose career FG% was 49.7 (vs. Kobe's 45.5%) and who, like Lebron, averaged more assists per game than Kobe, while playing more minutes per game, was a ball hog because he took more two shots per game more than Kobe? Really? :please: :lmao:

For whatever else Kobe is remembered for, he will also be remembered as selfish player on the court who was difficult to coach.

Footnote: Derrick Fisher has played on five NBA championship teams and he is not as good as Lebron either.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Aside from repeating the number of rings adorning Kobe's fingers, his fans don't seem to be able to deal rationally with the stats that show conclusively that if Lebron is a ball hog, then so must be their beloved Kobe.

Kobes field goal percentage is 45 and Lebrons is 47. That's not the huge difference your claiming it to be.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I don't consider myself a fan of anybody. I agree with you on both players, I dislike both Kobe and Lebron because they are spoiled punks. I have a little more respect for Lebron because he is a less selfish player on the court - but he handled the criticism of the Cleveland fans when he left town with zero class.
Do you know these guys personally? They could be good people but just because you don't like them on the court there "spoiled punks".
zaga_fan Wrote:I never called him a ball hog....
:Thumbs:
Hoot Gibson Wrote::lmao: See, that's the problem with placing highly paid entertainers, which is all Kobe and Lebron are, on pedestals and becoming a fan (short form of "fanatic"). Any criticism of them gets taken personally and results in laughable defenses of ludicrous positions.

In sports like basketball, statistics are the only rational, objective way to measure the value of a single player in what is a team sport. In this case, the statistics make a strong case that supports my position that Kobe is more of a ball hog than Lebron. Unable to cite any statistics to support the opposite position, Kobe fans are left to once again cite the irrelevant statistic that Lebron has not played on a championship team yet.

History in all major sports has shown to anybody who pays attention that players who play in major media markets like New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles have a far greater chance of playing on championship teams than players who play in small media markets like Cleveland. Again, the reason that this has been true is obvious to anybody who is capable of putting his hero worship aside for a minute or two.

Teams like the Lakers, Yankees, and Bulls have generally been better financed and offer players greater opportunities to earn endorsement income than teams like the Timberwolves or the Nuggets. Sure, there are exceptions like the current Knicks and Cubs, whose inept management over the years has leveled the playing field for opposing teams, but big media market teams have a large built in advantage over small media market teams.

If it makes you happy, then keep pretending that Kobe brings so many intangibles to the table that are not reflected in any statistics that he is personally responsible for winning NBA championships. And keep making the case that Lebron is just lacking some magic factor, which again do not show up in any statistics, which has prevented him from leading the Cavs to an NBA championship. As for me, I will just continue to laugh at the ridiculous lengths to which Kobe "fans" will go to defend their man.

Do you really want to make the case that Michael Jordan, whose career FG% was 49.7 (vs. Kobe's 45.5%) and who, like Lebron, averaged more assists per game than Kobe, while playing more minutes per game, was a ball hog because he took more two shots per game more than Kobe? Really? :please: :lmao:

For whatever else Kobe is remembered for, he will also be remembered as selfish player on the court who was difficult to coach.

Footnote: Derrick Fisher has played on five NBA championship teams and he is not as good as Lebron either.

I'm not taking anything personal. Were having a debate about two great players. I'll be the first to admit that Lebron has passed Kobe due to Kobe's age and injuries but when there both done with basketball, Kobe will be remembered as the greater player. Leading your team to championships in the NBA defines greatness. Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson wouldn't be remembered as two of the greatest if they didn't lead there teams to so many rings. And Derrick Fisher has 5 rings because he was on teams led by Kobe & Shaq. I think Lebron will get a few rings soon, he really has no excuse not to considering the team he's on (wonder what the new excuse will be if he don't though?).
Pages: 1 2