Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Girl's Coach at Hazard?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard Hazard was getting a new girl's soccer coach. I heard they were hiring Harold Brashear. I think he coaches basketball. Someone said he used to coach soccer in Lexington. Any thoughts?
Harold is a very good coach as well as an all around good person.
Would be kinda hard to coach soccer and girls basketball, that is what I heard he was going to do, I guess they don't have any positions open so they are going to have people that are already in the school coach these teams and not go outside and bring someone else in that they would have to create a job for. He will do a good job at both.
He's not coaching Girls Basketball
ekff, any word on who will be the next coach for the lady dawgs?
Looking like Tyson Gross (Owsley) or Eric Mullins (Knott)
The soccer program at Hazard is terrible and don't think Beckham could come in and make it any better. Hazard is way to small of a school to field a good soccer team, while competing in the Class A football championship every year and also having volleyball. They have no where near enough students to play at a high level. All their good boy athletes play football and their girls play volleyball, so there is not even hardly enough to fill a team. If someone in this area is interested in playing Soccer they sure don't need to go to Hazard. Just my opinion, but it's obvious. Letcher, Perry, even Jackson City all have pretty good teams in the area and compete every year for region titles, Hazard just don't have a chance with their low numbers. But I did hear that A.B. Combs coach was at the county championship this week telling all the players they need to go to Hazard to play high school soccer, I'm sure that went over well in Perry County.
Wall4president Wrote:The soccer program at Hazard is terrible and don't think Beckham could come in and make it any better. Hazard is way to small of a school to field a good soccer team, while competing in the Class A football championship every year and also having volleyball. They have no where near enough students to play at a high level. All their good boy athletes play football and their girls play volleyball, so there is not even hardly enough to fill a team. If someone in this area is interested in playing Soccer they sure don't need to go to Hazard. Just my opinion, but it's obvious. Letcher, Perry, even Jackson City all have pretty good teams in the area and compete every year for region titles, Hazard just don't have a chance with their low numbers. But I did hear that A.B. Combs coach was at the county championship this week telling all the players they need to go to Hazard to play high school soccer, I'm sure that went over well in Perry County.

Yeah ur 100% right the Hazard just don't have the number of students....

Only reason Hazard has a soccer team is because of the turf field....
First of all Hazard needs to build a youth program that is comprable to those upstate and in Corbin untill that happens numbers are not going to be anything. I.E someone state Perry etc. compete for a regional championship year in and year out. Correction Perry has played in 2 Regional Final games 05 losing 0-7 and 08 losing 0-6 not to competitive. But with that said with Lundsford entering his 2nd year heading the boys side the program will continue to grow as they have the proper leadership to now compete at that level and not just show up. Soccer is 80 percent practice and preperation for the most part its all choreographed. From runs taken in certain instanced to defensive shape and Perry has someone who knows how to suite that to his team.
love watching soccer wish more school play it.
Hazard has only had soccer for a couple of years. I think their soccer program will get better with time.
Hazard has done amazing for 2 years of soccer :Cheerlead
Yes they have. They are becoming a force in the district.
Stephen Wayne will be coaching both the girls and boys soccer teams this year at Hazard.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worse.
Just work hard.
I found some rankings for college soccer on this website. Check it out!
http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/college-s...every-week