Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds, Jay Bruce Agree On A 6 Year Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cincinnati Reds have reached agreement on a six-year, guaranteed $51 million contract with outfielder Jay Bruce, a baseball source told ESPN.com.

The deal includes a club option for a seventh year that could bring the overall value of the contract to $63 million, the source said. Bruce has a partial no-trade clause and the opportunity to earn additional money through award bonuses.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5904871

This Happened on Dec. 10th and i just now saw that they agreed on a deal, i'm surprised that there wasn't a thread about this already
Awesome, I love Bruce. He is one of my favorite players.
Reds also resigned Cueto for a 4 year deal with something like 37 Mill I believe.
They are working on a Edinson Volquez extension now.
I am impressed with how the Reds are putting money in to the team. Now, are all the fans willing to put up now? Expect ticket prices to increase. There will be no more $1 hot dogs. To keep these players, the fans will now have to pay a lot more. Let's see what happens to that!
Ticket prices will go up, but this team will be better. Just as Dusty said, will the fans poney up a little more to support the team?
This is a great signing by the Reds!! Jay Bruce is a really good player and I will be glad to pay extra for my tickets next season!