Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne vs. Gallatin County (All "A" 1st Round) WDHR.com 93.1 7:40pm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Bobcats got a pretty good draw in Richmond. Who wins it?
I like the draw for BL. I've not seen Gallatin Co play but I know from past histroy they are not normally a powerhouse of the 8th region. I think Betsy Layne wins this by 10. Go Bobcats!
Gallatin County (10-7) Wins: Martha Layne Collins 48-44, Carroll County 71-43, Ludlow 83-56, Carroll County 52-42, Harrison County 71-45, Carlisle County 80-58, Carroll County 85-59, Walton-Verona 60-45, Owen County 57-42, Eminence 62-34. Loses: Simon Kenton 72-61, Walton-Verona 56-46, Owen County 57-53, Heath 65-47, Franklin County 58-48, Owen County 54-50, Dixie Heights 68-64.

Betsy Layne (12-5) Wins: Phelps 69-37, Allen Central 83-64, South Floyd 55-46, University Heights 55-54, Scott 63-62, Johnson Central 66-62, Pikeville 49-44, Sheldon Clark 61-46, Paintsville 55-43, Lawrence County 59-31, South Floyd 52-44, Shelby Valley 49-42. Loses: Knott County Central 53-51, Lexington Catholic 82-50, Seneca 70-57, Perry County Central 53-42, Knott County Central 66-62.

BL Rolls!
Gallatin County is no slouch. GC by 3
Best of luck Bobcats!
Gallatin has experience in big games, and can shoot the lights out.
Gallatin by 15.

When have the Bobcats won their Region? Gallatin has made it to the championship game just 3 years ago, and the final 4 last year.
lol /\
what does making it to the Championship game and final four in the past have to do with anything. lmao
BL was in the Championship game last year to the eventual "STATE CHAMPS", for that matter
Checked a few things on the net about Gallatin. Max Prepps has Betsy Layne ranked 67th in the state and Gallatin ranked 96th. Gallatin is a small team from what I have read and seen but very quick and can shoot lights out. If it is a fast pace game, Gallatin will have the advantage but its a lot easier to slow a team down then to speed them up. Look for Casey Adkins to have a big game in this one, also, i would expect to see Dylan Hamilton posting up a lot in this game too. Not sure a box and 1 will work for Gallatin County against Betsy Layne because of the mismatch in side. However, Betsy Layne will have to cover the deep shot which will open driving lanes for Gallatin to get to the rim and try to get Betsy Layne's bigs in foul trouble.

And for those who believe Betsy Layne is not tournament tested, they won district last year and played extremely strong during this year's all a even though Nathan Martin never really went off in any game. Also, during Valley's state run last year, Betsy Layne played them tougher then anyone Valley played along the way. I believe they might have been the only team to score within 10 of Valley but I could be mistaken about that.
BL by 10
Good luck Bobcats.
bball_fan Wrote:Checked a few things on the net about Gallatin. Max Prepps has Betsy Layne ranked 67th in the state and Gallatin ranked 96th. Gallatin is a small team from what I have read and seen but very quick and can shoot lights out. If it is a fast pace game, Gallatin will have the advantage but its a lot easier to slow a team down then to speed them up. Look for Casey Adkins to have a big game in this one, also, i would expect to see Dylan Hamilton posting up a lot in this game too. Not sure a box and 1 will work for Gallatin County against Betsy Layne because of the mismatch in side. However, Betsy Layne will have to cover the deep shot which will open driving lanes for Gallatin to get to the rim and try to get Betsy Layne's bigs in foul trouble.

And for those who believe Betsy Layne is not tournament tested, they won district last year and played extremely strong during this year's all a even though Nathan Martin never really went off in any game. Also, during Valley's state run last year, Betsy Layne played them tougher then anyone Valley played along the way. I believe they might have been the only team to score within 10 of Valley but I could be mistaken about that.

gc by 10
100%SUCCESS Wrote:lol /\
what does making it to the Championship game and final four in the past have to do with anything. lmao
BL was in the Championship game last year to the eventual "STATE CHAMPS", for that matter

I don't know what it has to do with this year but they did loose to Shelby County by 1 in the regional championship in 2008 and lost to South Oldham last year because of a bad call. I haven't seen them play this year but I think they will do well against Betsy Layne.
They may do it. Who knows? But it's hard to compare past opponents, let alone past years, in factoring the outcome of the game.
Good Luck to both teams involved!
Hopefully all the experience at KBA will echo at Richmond,,, These boys played great there when younger against alot of talented teams and before they could DUNK. this has been a new addition to the BOBCATS.
Dont ever count out Jon Jones! GC by 12
Congrat's to Dylan H. for continuing his family tradition on winning a Region. His mother was a Senior on the first Ladycats team to win a Region . Experience Prevails. Bobcats by 4.
After coming away with an 11 point win over Oldham County, I think GC is ready to play little Betsy Layne.
I'll take " little Betsy Layne" in this one. Represent the 15th Well BL.
Unless GC has someone who can guard "little Betsy Layne's" BIG Casey Adkins, then ill take BL by 10. Don't turn me into a liar Bobcats!
im gonna take BL by 5. should be a good game til the end.
the real player44 Wrote:Unless GC has someone who can guard "little Betsy Layne's" BIG Casey Adkins, then ill take BL by 10. Don't turn me into a liar Bobcats!

unless ''little Betsy Layne's'' get in to gallatin face they will shoot the light out on you i will take gallatin by 10 maybe 17
rebel 4 life Wrote:unless ''little Betsy Layne's'' get in to gallatin face they will shoot the light out on you i will take gallatin by 10 maybe 17

sorry pal but betsy layne's defense is tough and will most likely shut down your so called "shooters"
rebel 4 life Wrote:unless ''little Betsy Layne's'' get in to gallatin face they will shoot the light out on you i will take gallatin by 10 maybe 17

well BL does play good d...atleast thats what i hear..
good luck bobcats play your game and youll be just fine.

Are you saying that Betsy Layne doesn't play good D? They play probably the best defense in the region. Jr. Newsome's 2 high trap can turn a 15 point game around in one quarter. I've witnessed it many times. Probably one of the best defenses I've seen.

And by the way, u might want to check your punctuation before your next post.
Go Get a W. Bobcats. Team effort. Look for the open man. Make free throws.
Experience goes along way, GC by 8. Hitting their freethrows late to pull away.
Guarantee you Gallatin will guard Little Betsy Lane!
I hope so or it will be a funny game to watch! Just kidding, BL is a tremendous defensive team but I think GC has been there so many times and experience will be the difference in this one.
GC has been strong in the past at the All "A".
Pages: 1 2