Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne 49 Shelby Valley 42
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Shelby Valley.
Good win bobcats
Hmmm.
Score alot closer than what I thought.
Maybe this Valley team is starting to get into the groove of things?
Sounds like a pretty good game! Does anyone have the game break down? I think that this is a good win for the Bobcats and also it seems like it was a pretty solid effort from a young struggling Valley team.
Keep fighting Wildcats!! Coach Newsome will get this team in the right direction, at least Coach Newsome has the guts 2 coach a team that he knows isn't as talented as years passed, Jason Booher couldn't handle possibly having a losing season this year and went 2where some more talent is (Holmes) I never understood y SV hired Booher after he posted a 11-17 record at Belfry in 03-04 before he came to SV? If Rodney or Greg would have coach SV from 04-05 season up they would have won a state title long before 2010 believe that!!!! probably multiple titles!!!
MUCH closer than I expected.
Congrats BL
Betsy Layne really played horrible. Tackett kept trying to do to much. He needs to relax and let the game come to him. Adkins didnt even get any looks. BL knew they had the game when they got off the bus, and got cocky. they better come back down to earth before Friday.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Sounds like a pretty good game! Does anyone have the game break down? I think that this is a good win for the Bobcats and also it seems like it was a pretty solid effort from a young struggling Valley team.

It was a very ugly game from the offensive side of things. I thought both teams played well defensively though. Logan Lucas did a great job on Nathan Martin in the Box and 1. I thought SV's ball movement was a little slow, but they still got some good looks from the perimeter. They just aren't a good shooting team right now, especially with Richardson out. SV cut the lead to 4 toward the end of the 1st half, but a foul on a 3 point attempt at the buzzer led to 3 made free throws and a 26-19 BL lead at the half. BL jumped out to a 14 or 15 point lead early in the 2nd but SV fought back with some good defense. I thought BL played sloppy with the ball, but was talented enough to still win by a decent margin. I didn't think Adkins for BL played nearly as well as he had been playing lately. I thought Cody Belter and Bret Reynolds did a solid job inside for the Wildcats also. SV is looking better than they did a couple weeks ago, but they still have quite a ways to go to beat any of the top tier teams in the region.
The Arch Warrior Wrote:Keep fighting Wildcats!! Coach Newsome will get this team in the right direction, at least Coach Newsome has the guts 2 coach a team that he knows isn't as talented as years passed, Jason Booher couldn't handle possibly having a losing season this year and went 2where some more talent is (Holmes) I never understood y SV hired Booher after he posted a 11-17 record at Belfry in 03-04 before he came to SV? If Rodney or Greg would have coach SV from 04-05 season up they would have won a state title long before 2010 believe that!!!! probably multiple titles!!!

I highly doubt SV would have won state any years other than last year.
Congrats BL.