Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Sheldon Clark 66 - Magoffin County 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1/24/2011

Sheldon Clark 66
Magoffin Co. 36

Magoffin Co. 8 9 10 9 36
Sheldon Clark 13 15 16 22 66

Magoffin Co. (13-3) -- Castle 6, Arnett 14, Conley 10, Fletcher 4, J.Howard 3.

Sheldon Clark (11-6) -- Booth 15, Newsome 11, Porter 9, W.Hatfield 11, Spurlock 9, Hammonds 9, Garcia 2.

http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...PIorderBy=
great win for Sheldon Clark this game was never close,I expected a close game but it was never close they should be no ? who the top team in the region is now.Magoffin will be hard to beat next time we play but for now Sheldon Clark is by far the best team in the region:1:
Booth was also one assist away from a triple double!
A little suprised by this score. Congrats to SC.
Great win for theLady Cards. Take control of district standings:Thumbs:
This was a VERY untypical game for Magoffin. When you have one of your 2 leading scorers not score AT ALL and your other who averages near 20 points per game, only score 6-That should be enough to say how the final score ended. Sure, great game Cardinals, but again it would be an entirely different ballgame with Magoffin playing to their potential (hopefully soon if we can get them all healthy again!!).
Bball Mom Wrote:This was a VERY untypical game for Magoffin. When you have one of your 2 leading scorers not score AT ALL and your other who averages near 20 points per game, only score 6-That should be enough to say how the final score ended. Sure, great game Cardinals, but again it would be an entirely different ballgame with Magoffin playing to their potential (hopefully soon if we can get them all healthy again!!).
Did SC's defense keep them from scoring to their potential?
TheRealVille Wrote:Did SC's defense keep them from scoring to their potential?

SC played good defense. MC had alot of good looks but they just couldn't get any shots to fall.
McCameraMan Wrote:SC played good defense. MC had alot of good looks but they just couldn't get any shots to fall.

That's the way it goes sometimes. Seems like you couldn't throw it in the ocean. Still should be a GREAT 57th District Tourney!!!
SC's defense was good, but to your question, No, that is not the only reason. Did you read my post? Magoffin did not play their game-How did Paintsville fair against them??

Exactly
It will be a good 57th district tourn. even though Sheldon Clark dominated Magoffin and has beat Paintsville twice they cannot underestimate these teams because they could get beat if they don't play good.But I don't think they will go lady cards make us proud with a good game in the all a state tourn on 2-2-11 then take care of buisness in the 57th and the 15th:1:
Bball Mom Wrote:SC's defense was good, but to your question, No, that is not the only reason. Did you read my post? Magoffin did not play their game-How did Paintsville fair against them??

Exactly

Well, they didn't get beat by 30 pts. TRV just asked a legitimate question.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well, they didn't get beat by 30 pts. TRV just asked a legitimate question.
I didn't think I asked the question for any other reason, than to determine if SC defensively was the reason MC didn't play up to their potential. 90% of the time, that is usually the reason a team doesn't play up to it. I haven't watched any team play ball this year, including PV, Magoffin or SC. I have no insight, other than asking questions.
Bball Mom Wrote:SC's defense was good, but to your question, No, that is not the only reason. Did you read my post? Magoffin did not play their game-How did Paintsville fair against them??

Exactly

They beat Paintsville by 25 but it took two games to beat them that bad.

Exactly
Are you are referring how PV faired against Magoffin or SC? Not sure which team you were referring to. If you meant the PV vs MC game, I would say not too bad, with an 11 point loss, considering MC is ranked 2nd in the region, and PV is 8th.
No,they got beat by 25-with SC not making many of their shots during this game-but when playing against Magoffin, they hit everything they put up. All I am saying is what a few others are as well-SC is a great team-but they had an exceptional game against Magoffin. That does not mean that Magoffin, PV, Belfry or any other team does not have a chance.
Bball Mom Wrote:No,they got beat by 25-with SC not making many of their shots during this game-but when playing against Magoffin, they hit everything they put up. All I am saying is what a few others are as well-SC is a great team-but they had an exceptional game against Magoffin. That does not mean that Magoffin, PV, Belfry or any other team does not have a chance.

NO, they got beat by 8 the first time @ Expo and then got beat by 17 the second time @ HOME. But, even combined 25 < 30.

Don't even try. All was asked was about the defense. A good question IMO. I even expected this game to be a WHOLE lot closer. Cause I think you guys have a better team than a 30 pt loss against SC.