Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland Kittens defeat Boyd County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ashland Kittens remain unbeaten in the 16th region with a hard fought win over Boyd County. Score was 58-54. Great game ladies. Way to keep your head in the game.
Very exciting game to watch, both teams played their butts off. These two will see each other a few more times this year.
The difference in this game was free throw shooting! Boyd was aweful from the charity stripe. Evidently free throws aren't free.
Ashland missed 15 free throws and Boyd County missed10 free throws.It looks like both teams need a little practice from the line.
Both teams have tough games this week in the huntington tourney,,could see each other again this Saturday I believe.
Good win for the young Kittens against a much bigger and experienced Boyd Team. Kittens have weathered a tough stretch beating Rowan, East and Boyd in the last week. It doesn't get any easier as Kittens play a very strong Huntington St. Joe team this week at their own invitational tourney. Win or lose, this caliber of competition can only help the Kittens to gain more valuable experience.
Boyd has to stop missing layups, if 20% of the layups were made they would have won easily. Great game Ladies very fun to watch both teams played hard.
I did not realize Ashland missed that many free throws. It must have just been the timing, when Boyd needed one they weren't even close from the line. Also, the Farris girl really put this game away down the stretch, I had heard she wasn't a great finisher but I saw no evidence of that.