Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Estill County 51 - Powell County 50
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final From Stanton

I'd would like to thank Powell County Radio People, everytime Powell County has a game there always on top of it, they make sure its updated shot by shot. thanks Guys and that's coming from a Die Hard Estill fan
Estill Co. 51 Powell Co. 50

Estill Co. 12 14 16 9 51
Powell Co. 11 18 9 12 50

Estill Co. (8-8) -- Roberts 10, Berryman 10, Jenkins 2, Muncie 2, Doty 15, Morris 12.

Powell Co. (6-6) -- Creech 20, Reed 6, Marcum 7, Pelfrey 5, Conner 6, Dennis 6.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/1...#ixzz1Bp6UCyLX
Looks like this would have been a great game to watch! Congrats Engineers!
Powells outside shooting was not on tonight. Reed got 2 but no one else. Maybe they should have mixed it up and drove the ball with more of a fast paced game. Powell seemed to score when they did that. Creech led both teams in scoring with 20 and he had no 3's but scored when he drove the ball. How do I put this, Powell needs to REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND. Powell gives the other team to many second and third chance points. Powell has one of the best penetrating point guards in the region and doesn't use him to their advantage. Powell needs to spread the floor at times and let him go to work. Especially when their 3's aren't falling.

Estill played a slow paced game and ran time off the clock. This is basically their strategy. This explains the low score. They did tonight what Powell didn't REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND. I guess having a 6' 9" center helps a little. Even when down the stretch they didn't make their free throws Powell failed to take advantage because Powell did not REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND.

So to sum up the game is came down to REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS.

The refs were no help either for Powell anyway.
Great game to watch. both teams played hard and kept their energy in check. powell had several chances to pull it out as did estill at pulling away. but the free throws werent falling for either team. i do agree that the officiating was awful, and not just for powell either. estill got some bad ones too.
Estill wins the first of the two that these two teams will play.
pirate fanatic Wrote:Great game to watch. both teams played hard and kept their energy in check. powell had several chances to pull it out as did estill at pulling away. but the free throws werent falling for either team. i do agree that the officiating was awful, and not just for powell either. estill got some bad ones too.
Pirate Fanatic who won the Freshmen and JV Games? i was at the hospital with my cousin and didn't get home until the 2nd half of the Varsity Game

BondJamesBond Wrote:Estill wins the first of the two that these two teams will play.

These 2 Teams Will Meet Again on Feb, 4th in Estill
all 3 games were close. estill freshman won by 4 i think and then powell jv won by 3 or 4. all of these were true barn burners. each and every game went down to the wire. great crowd turnout for both sides and the fans were definately in all of them. wish u hadnt missed them.
pirate fanatic Wrote:all 3 games were close. estill freshman won by 4 i think and then powell jv won by 3 or 4. all of these were true barn burners. each and every game went down to the wire. great crowd turnout for both sides and the fans were definately in all of them. wish u hadnt missed them.

Thanks! i had to leave around 5 and didn't get home til around 8:40. ill be at the next one on Feb. 4th
your welcome i just hope the next one has a different ending. see ya there!
pirate fanatic Wrote:your welcome i just hope the next one has a different ending. see ya there!

should be a good game either way! best of luck to you all for the rest of the season! ill be easy seen, when the teams are warming up ill be dressed in all Blue (windsuit) in the middle of the court around the coaches
ok. ill definately look for you. but you are right it should be a great game.
I'll See Ya There
Estill's freshman beat Powell 41-28.
pirate fanatic Wrote:all 3 games were close. estill freshman won by 4 i think and then powell jv won by 3 or 4. all of these were true barn burners. each and every game went down to the wire. great crowd turnout for both sides and the fans were definately in all of them. wish u hadnt missed them.

Powell's JV beat estill by 1 not for sure what the final score was. As for the refreeing it was at Powell so what do you expect..
QUOTE=keepinitreal;1138449]Powells outside shooting was not on tonight. Reed got 2 but no one else. Maybe they should have mixed it up and drove the ball with more of a fast paced game. Powell seemed to score when they did that. Creech led both teams in scoring with 20 and he had no 3's but scored when he drove the ball. How do I put this, Powell needs to REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND. Powell gives the other team to many second and third chance points. Powell has one of the best penetrating point guards in the region and doesn't use him to their advantage. Powell needs to spread the floor at times and let him go to work. Especially when their 3's aren't falling.

Estill played a slow paced game and ran time off the clock. This is basically their strategy. This explains the low score. They did tonight what Powell didn't REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND. I guess having a 6' 9" center helps a little. Even when down the stretch they didn't make their free throws Powell failed to take advantage because Powell did not REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND.

The refs were no help either for Powell anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have been to many game to watch this pirate team and there isn't one player on the team that is top ten in the region. They all play to selfish and it starts with the point guard. They need to play as a team, not go one on one all the time. I seems that creech must be the only player on the team after reading all your post. I just think that point guards are suppose to look to their teammates to score first, not themselves. And other players shouldn't stand outside waiting to shoot three's all night. They play bad because they are individuals and until they become a team, they don't have a chance to win.
JustTrying Wrote:QUOTE=keepinitreal;1138449]Powells outside shooting was not on tonight. Reed got 2 but no one else. Maybe they should have mixed it up and drove the ball with more of a fast paced game. Powell seemed to score when they did that. Creech led both teams in scoring with 20 and he had no 3's but scored when he drove the ball. How do I put this, Powell needs to REBOUND REBOUND REBOUND. Powell gives the other team to many second and third chance points. Powell has one of the best penetrating point guards in the region and doesn't use him to their advantage. Powell needs to spread the floor at times and let him go to work. Especially when their 3's aren't falling.

The refs were no help either for Powell anyway.

I have been to many game to watch this pirate team and there isn't one player on the team that is top ten in the region. They all play to selfish and it starts with the point guard. They need to play as a team, not go one on one all the time. I seems that creech must be the only player on the team after reading all your post. I just think that point guards are suppose to look to their teammates to score first, not themselves. And other players shouldn't stand outside waiting to shoot three's all night. They play bad because they are individuals and until they become a team, they don't have a chance to win.[/QUOTE]

Well first of all you must not have been paying close attention at all those games you have watched. They are 6-6 and obviously have won. If you want to pick on the team for having individuals look for others than Creech and Reed. By the way Dennis came in and scored 6 points in no time and had several rebounds but only played a few minutes and sat till the last minute or so of the game. Just an observation.

Last night you have to give Estill credit for a very good defense againts our outside shooters. I was making an observation in my earlier post. You don't need to be a hater. As far as my post I didn't realize you were so intered in what I post. Thanks for reading them all. I really don't care what you think of my post. You must be jealous.

Creech and Reed are the most unselfish players on the team. I agree that there are selfish players. This team does know how to play together and has several times this year but the obstacle last night was what to do when you can't shoot the three because of good perimeter defense. So someone had to score Creech drove the ball and did. Creech is leading the team in assists and Reed is second by the way they are also the two leading scorers. This makes sense since they are the 2 seniors starting on the team. You know they can pass the ball but they can't make the shots for anyone else. There were also several passes made last night that resulted in missed shots or missed layups. I am not saying that Creech and Reed are perfect by any means they have their off nights but they do lead the team and play to win as a team. If you read my entire post you would have seen that REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS ARE WHAT HAVE been the problem all year. To many second and third chances for the other team. Also free throws need to be made we missed seven in a row at one point last night.

By the way Creech is ranked 8th in the region in the Uk yearbook and in the Lexington Herald and no matter what you or anyone else says it is there so let it go. Check the stats. Dont' be a hater.

There were also only two players who made it to the all region tournament team last year Devon Evans and Carlisle Creech so they must have done something right. Like stepped up when they needed to.
Creech and Reed are the most unselfish players on the team. I agree that there are selfish players. This team does know how to play together and has several times this year but the obstacle last night was what to do when you can't shoot the three because of good perimeter defense. So someone had to score Creech drove the ball and did. Creech is leading the team in assists and Reed is second by the way they are also the two leading scorers. This makes sense since they are the 2 seniors starting on the team. You know they can pass the ball but they can't make the shots for anyone else. There were also several passes made last night that resulted in missed shots or missed layups. I am not saying that Creech and Reed are perfect by any means they have their off nights but they do lead the team and play to win as a team. If you read my entire post you would have seen that REBOUNDS REBOUNDS REBOUNDS ARE WHAT HAVE been the problem all year. To many second and third chances for the other team. Also free throws need to be made we missed seven in a row at one point last night.

By the way Creech is ranked 8th in the region in the Uk yearbook and in the Lexington Herald and no matter what you or anyone else says it is there so let it go. Check the stats. Dont' be a hater.

There were also only two players who made it to the all region tournament team last year Devon Evans and Carlisle Creech so they must have done something right. Like stepped up when they needed to.[/QUOTE]

Alright, this is my last post on this matter. It is funny that you say thatcreech and reed are the most unselfish players, they pass it back and forth with each other. I know these kids and they are good kids, but I feel their parents talk to much and won't let them grow up. I also feel like you must be one of their parents, because they are who you mostly talk about.
Do you really think that uk or lexington herald knows anything about the 14th region? Really? Also, I keep reading and see that carlisle creech is a top college prospect and I really hope the kids does play college, because he has tallent if taught how to use it. Who is looking at him?
One last thing, you should refresh yourself on powell county record, because no one has broken any records this year.
Well lets see
Powell county record Morgan Reed 10 three's in a game. I did not ever mention that any record was broken so not sure why you mentioned that. But that is a record broken if you need the education.

Since your name is Just trying you need to keep trying to get the right information. Why you are so interesed in who I am or what I post is alittle weird but whatever.

Question how does four starting players average double figures on such a selfish team? Especially if Creech and Reed are only passing it to each other. Another education for you.

Creech has talent and he has been using it for years. If your a player your jealous if your a fan your a hater. He is ranked because he deserve to be and has earned it. He is definatly not handed anything in Powell County.

By the way the Lexington Herald rankings are based on a survey of Coaches from the region on what players they think are the top ten. Another education for you. Unless you think the coaches are stupid.

So hopefully I have given you a lot to think about before you JUST TRY to post again.
Arent
keepinitreal Wrote:Well lets see
Powell county record Morgan Reed 10 three's in a game. I did not ever mention that any record was broken so not sure why you mentioned that. But that is a record broken if you need the education.

Since your name is Just trying you need to keep trying to get the right information. Why you are so interesed in who I am or what I post is alittle weird but whatever.

Question how does four starting players average double figures on such a selfish team? Especially if Creech and Reed are only passing it to each other. Another education for you.

Creech has talent and he has been using it for years. If your a player your jealous if your a fan your a hater. He is ranked because he deserve to be and has earned it. He is definatly not handed anything in Powell County.

By the way the Lexington Herald rankings are based on a survey of Coaches from the region on what players they think are the top ten. Another education for you. Unless you think the coaches are stupid.

So hopefully I have given you a lot to think about before you JUST TRY to post again.

Alright, I am breaking my word. Last post. You could never educate me on powell county history for any sport, because I am a huge fan of all powell county not just family. Conrad skidmore, ever heard of him? You are being educated right now, 13 three's.
Parents need to be fans of the team, noit just kids. If they aren't, just shut up. Confusedhh: enjoy your son senior year of basketball....what colleges are showing intrest?
Can't say I have ever heard of Conrad Skidmore maybe you should tell the announcers, the coaches, and the radio station that they are wrong. You could be right I am not sure maybe they should put a banner in the gym with the records so we can all enjoy them.

By the way who is he and when did he play? All I could find is that he went to college but didn't do much. Educate me. Is that you?

You know I am not sure why it is important for you to know if I am a parent, a student, or a fan. I posted a comment about the game and you are the one worried about who I am. I stated the facts of the game. Mind you if Marcum, Pelfrey, Or Conrad had the most points or did the best job in this particular game I would have mentioned them. So I could be anyone and it really shouldn't matter to you.

This is a forum to talk about the games and how people did not beraid someone for a comment or worry about who they are. This was not directed at you to begin with.

Credit was given where it was deserved for this game and the same will happen in the next.
congrats toEC
Hey folks, these are KIDS playing a GAME!!! Give it a rest!!
Estill should have been beat. They missed many many front ends of single bonus foul shots friday. Kenton Roberts missed at least 5 and Berryman missed a couple. ALL WITH ABOUT 2 MINUTES TO GO. Powell should have won but to Estills credit played teriffic D. Kenton is big enough to guard anybody 6'6" and under. Proved it against Buckhorns big Stud. Shut him down. and Friday against Powell's shooter. Can't think of his name. Estill plays good D, all around and yes they play slow pace but do you blame them. They don't have anybody to dominate a game like they had in Clinton Dixon if you remember. They have to be patient and work the ball. Creech had 20 i think but Berryman did alright against him. Powell relies too much on 3's and they weren't falling. Powell beat themselves and i dont look for them to beat Estill at Estill either. Play good at home like they always have. Good job Estill and Bently's game strategy. Doty played good too
Tough loss at home for the Pirates.
zodiac Wrote:Estill should have been beat. They missed many many front ends of single bonus foul shots friday. Kenton Roberts missed at least 5 and Berryman missed a couple. ALL WITH ABOUT 2 MINUTES TO GO. Powell should have won but to Estills credit played teriffic D. Kenton is big enough to guard anybody 6'6" and under. Proved it against Buckhorns big Stud. Shut him down. and Friday against Powell's shooter. Can't think of his name. Estill plays good D, all around and yes they play slow pace but do you blame them. They don't have anybody to dominate a game like they had in Clinton Dixon if you remember. They have to be patient and work the ball. Creech had 20 i think but Berryman did alright against him. Powell relies too much on 3's and they weren't falling. Powell beat themselves and i dont look for them to beat Estill at Estill either. Play good at home like they always have. Good job Estill and Bently's game strategy. Doty played good too

I agree with you that Estill played great D. Reed made 2 threes in the first quarter and thats all Powell got from the 3 point line. It didn't look like Powell got off many threes after that because Estill took the peremiter away. The one's they did get off missed. I thought Creech had a good game and Estill couldn't seem to stop him. I know Powell missed about 6 or 7 free throws in a row, but did make their last 4 in a row. To me what killed them was not getting a defensive rebound when Estill was missing their free throws. I believe Estill pulled down 2 or 3 rebounds from their free throw line in the last minute or so off the game. It was 48-40 with about 4 minutes left and Powell out scored them 10-3 from there. A rebound or 2 could have made the difference. But thats why they keep score.
Good game Estill.
Have not seen Powell but Estill has a good team and getting better. This is a competitive district with these two and Lee.