Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owen County 55 - Anderson County 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Owen is very talented, and could win the 8th Region, but how did they lose to Williamstown?
Old Henry Man Wrote:Owen is very talented, and could win the 8th Region, but how did they lose to Williamstown?

I was wondering the same thing. They beat them 76-48 earlier in the season and then they lost to them 44-50. Maybe they were missing a player. Rianna Gayheart is a very good player but sophomore Hannah Neeley is also pretty good. I wonder if Anderson County was still without McKee in this game.
Grats OC
1/22/2011
Owen Co. 55
Anderson Co. 44
Owen Co. 11 14 9 23 54
Anderson Co. 8 7 15 14 44
Owen Co. (13-3) -- Gayheart 8, Toole 18, Johnson3, Neeley 7, Waldrup 8, Fitzgerald 7, Dermon 4.
Anderson Co. (13-6) -- Brown 8, Whiteside 1, McKee 13, Stewart 14, Averitt 3, Pike 2, Rice 3.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2010/11/23/15374...z1BrjJWGiV
Well I see that McKee played but I don't see Corrin Robinson in the box score. She is probably one of the best guards in the region and she is only in 8th grade. I also don't see MacKenzie Cann in the box score.
Congrats Owen County
I was told that Robinson and Cann both played. Robinson will be one of the best guards in the 8th Region in time, but right now Wainscott, Gayhart, and Whitfield IMO are the best guards in the 8th.
Time and Score Wrote:I was told that Robinson and Cann both played. Robinson will be one of the best guards in the 8th Region in time, but right now Wainscott, Gayhart, and Whitfield IMO are the best guards in the 8th.

yes gayhart is very good
I am living with blinders on but I expected Anderson County to be better than what they are right now. I know they have had injuries, but their Region will not lay them a red-carpet to Diddle Arena. They have to step it up!
Time and Score Wrote:I was told that Robinson and Cann both played. Robinson will be one of the best guards in the 8th Region in time, but right now Wainscott, Gayhart, and Whitfield IMO are the best guards in the 8th.

Yes they are. There is quite a bit of talent in the 8th region, especially at the guard position.
I think Anderson is learning what having the "bullseye" on their backs is all about. It will be interesting to see where they are in a month. Remember, they do start 3 freshman and an 8th grader since their lone senior quit.
kygbbfan Wrote:I think Anderson is learning what having the "bullseye" on their backs is all about. It will be interesting to see where they are in a month. Remember, they do start 3 freshman and an 8th grader since their lone senior quit.

I totally agree with you. Everyone in the 8th has the Anderson game circled.