Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 78 Jenkins 37
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Letcher Central wins big at Jenkins tonight. They were led in scoring by Sophomore Vannah Breeding with 24 points and Junior Haley Whitaker had 17. Vannah hit seven three- pointers in the game.
pretty easy for that breeding girl to hit the 7 three's when there wasn't any defense played by jenkins. both teams looked pitiful in the first quarter. no one will come close to perry central this year and all the other teams are playing to hope they can become runners up in the region. the Jenkins team didn't run one offensive play that i saw all night. All they did was give the ball to the person up top and let them drive in on three or four cougar players and if they didn't give it away then throw the ball up. Jenkins reminds me of a grade school team that just runs up and down the court with no offensive direction. the cougars were lucky they were playing the grade school team tonight because any of the top 5 team in the 14th region would have beaten them the way they played tonight against a ghastly defensive team like jenkins.
Congrats to Breeding! Some people could not hit a 3 if they were left alone let alone 7. Let's hand the regional title to the PCC team and call the rest of the season off. Don't think so. The pressure is on them not LCC, KCC, or Leslie Co. Foul trouble or key injury might change that.
as you could see tonight when knott county beat letcher central, two sub-par teams who couldn't play with perry central if perry had two of their best starters out will never challenge them this year. And i'm not from perry central but the cold hard fact is perry central will not lose a game in this region by no less then 10 points.
Grats LC
mountainman19 Wrote:as you could see tonight when knott county beat letcher central, two sub-par teams who couldn't play with perry central if perry had two of their best starters out will never challenge them this year. And i'm not from perry central but the cold hard fact is perry central will not lose a game in this region by no less then 10 points.
Time will tell.
mountainman19 Wrote:as you could see tonight when knott county beat letcher central, two sub-par teams who couldn't play with perry central if perry had two of their best starters out will never challenge them this year. And i'm not from perry central but the cold hard fact is perry central will not lose a game in this region by no less then 10 points.

OK? Who are PCC starters.

On paper and so far this season Perry has been the top of the class in the 14th region due to their excellent recruiting class, however to say the are unbeatable??? Upsets do happen and that's why they play the games.
I don't know that I would call Letcher, Knott or Leslie "sub par" teams and
I don't think Perry would want to play either of these teams with 2 starters out
X's and O's Wrote:On paper and so far this season Perry has been the top of the class in the 14th region due to their excellent recruiting class, however to say the are unbeatable??? Upsets do happen and that's why they play the games.
I don't know that I would call Letcher, Knott or Leslie "sub par" teams and
I don't think Perry would want to play either of these teams with 2 starters out

Against Sacred Heart last night PCC got 28 points out of 50 from out of County transfers. With out these players PCC would be back to last year with team like KCC and Breathitt putting a beating on them.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Against Sacred Heart last night PCC got 28 points out of 50 from out of County transfers. With out these players PCC would be back to last year with team like KCC and Breathitt putting a beating on them.

Breathitt would have been the favorites again this year had those 2 girls stayed there.
X's and O's Wrote:Breathitt would have been the favorites again this year had those 2 girls stayed there.

Yes the would. But, kids fall from the sky at wal-mart in Perry County.
Love this!! Breeding has a lot of talent!! Good job Vannah!!!!!!!!Smile
Benchwarmer Wrote:Yes the would. But, kids fall from the sky at wal-mart in Perry County.

Funny how that happens....