Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry County Head Coach?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just heard a rumor that Southwestern's Jason Spencer was just hired as Henry County's new coach is there any truth in this?
Hadn't heard.
I heard the same thing. I don't know that it's been announced by the school, but i'd expect that to happen later this week.
must be true because there opening isn't posted on KHSAA
I know the job was offered to someone (don't know for sure who) last Friday. Was told it was a young guy w/o any head experience, but he had a great interview.
Guys if this is true if any of you have any ties at all with the Henry County administration you need to talk them out of this. He is/was the offensive coordinator at Southwestern he cannot coach his way out of a wet paper sack. You will regret this move I promise you that.
any one know what kind of offence jason spencer runs
:please: tell us some specifics of what is so wrong about this guy?? What did he do at southwestern?????? Fill us in.
from what I have read on numerous other ky high school football message boards, it is confirmed. The job posting has been removed from KHSAA site as well. Southwestern HS assistant / offensive coordinator Jason Spencer has been named head coach at Henry County High School. Do not know anything about the guy, so people from SW Pulaski please fill me in, apparently Henry football supporters and fans do not sound very pleased with the hire of Spencer, according to other msg boards. I have never heard anything about Spencer, and quite frankly, I too, am shocked with this announcement considering the rumors on here that 40-50 candidates applied for the Henry job. ???????
It is hard to dislike or like the guy when none of us has met him. Lets give Coach Spencer a chance.
I have heard that the hiring committee really liked the man.
I heard Nick Saban turned it down.
I agree completely with your above statements Old Henry Man. You must give Coach Spencer a chance, and do not begin with negativity. But what are his positives? Again, just surprised me that 40-50 applied, and someone that NO one has ever heard of ended up landing the job. When Nick Saban was offered, he probably looked at Henry's new district and immediately said NO.. gonna be tough for Henry and Coach Spencer, but like the old saying goes, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Let's put it this way. I've talked to many sw supporters last night and today. Not a single one of them were upset or sad he left. I don't know him personally, but I will bet everything I own he didn't call the offense at sw. He may of "suggested" plays but Anderson called the plays.
Gocolts13 Wrote:from what I have read on numerous other ky high school football message boards, it is confirmed. The job posting has been removed from KHSAA site as well. Southwestern HS assistant / offensive coordinator Jason Spencer has been named head coach at Henry County High School. Do not know anything about the guy, so people from SW Pulaski please fill me in, apparently Henry football supporters and fans do not sound very pleased with the hire of Spencer, according to other msg boards. I have never heard anything about Spencer, and quite frankly, I too, am shocked with this announcement considering the rumors on here that 40-50 candidates applied for the Henry job. ???????

I Don't know where you read that Henry County Supporters and fans are not pleased i am one of Henry's supporters and a big fan and i am pretty happy about the hire. I don't know the guy but i do know the ones who hired him and i back them 100% on there decision. I think if the man didn't know anything about football they would not of hired him to me if they hired him over 40 to 50 apps he must have had an impressive interview.
Yea and impressive interviews are the key to being a good Coach!!!!:eyeroll:
William Muney Wrote:Yea and impressive interviews are the key to being a good Coach!!!!:eyeroll:

That's pretty weak.
Coach has been hired at Henry Co. Thread Closed.