Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 5 PGs in the NBA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's hear what you got.
I don't mean best passer...
I don't mean best scorer....
roll it all into one big ball and tell us who are the top 5 Wink
1.) D-Rose
2.) D-Will
3.) Russel Westbrook
4.) Rajon Rondo
5.) Steve Nash

It's a sad day....
Chris Paul is not on my list.
His play has slipped and he simply isn't getting it done the way he used to.
Nash is outscoring him and leading in the assist department as well.
PICK IT UP CP3!!!!
5. Tony Parker, Spurs: The main thing you need to know about the Frenchman is that he is getting in the lane whenever he wants to, and he is scoring over your big men. Parker can basically score at will, and shoots a high percentage. He is an average passer, but has won at the highest level. He is solid defender, particularly as part of a team defense. If the Spurs weren't so big man oriented, you could see him average 22/10 with ease.

4. Steve Nash, Suns: How can you not love this guy? He is just a terrific offensive player, being one of the rare guys in the history of the league capable of shooting 50/40/90 on FG/3PT/FT. He is unselfish to a fault, but is capable of scoring when needed. The system has inflated his numbers to a certain extent, but he is still amazing with the ball. Now, defensively, he is a train wreck and the Suns almost always hide him if possible.

3. Rajon Rondo, Celtics: First off, Rondo is capable of dominating a game without scoring, a skill very few players have. Secondly, his basketball IQ is about as high as anyone in the league. Thirdly, he is, bar none, the best defensive point guard the league has seen since Gary Payton. Rondo would score 20 points a game on the Hornets or the Jazz, but instead, he has a ton of stars to keep happy, and he does it willingly and skillfully.

2. Deron Williams, Jazz: Williams is a very good scorer, driver, and passer. He has a low turnover rate. He has a solid mid-range game and is the ultimate finisher at the rim for a point. He's really everything you could ask for in a point guard offensively. He's unselfish, but can get big buckets. He's headstrong and has shown good leadership. His only problem is he seems to struggle keeping quick guards in front of him

1. Chris Paul, Hornets : Paul is #1, and it really isn't close. Paul's had two of the best seasons ever by a point guard since the league began tracking turnovers. He ranked second in steals per minute. At 6 feet, he achieved a better defensive rebound rate than 19 of the league's frontcourt players. He drew a league-leading 341 non-shooting fouls. Injuries have slowed him down, but when he get's healthy, no one is better.
1.Nash
2.Rondo
3.Paul
4.Rose
5.Williams
5.) Stephen Curry (Golden State)

4.) Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City)

3.) Derrick Rose (Chicago)

2.) Deron Williams (Utah)

1.) Chris Paul (New Orleans)
J-Rod Wrote:5.) Stephen Curry (Golden State)

4.) Russell Westbrook (Oklahoma City)

3.) Derrick Rose (Chicago)

2.) Deron Williams (Utah)

1.) Chris Paul (New Orleans)

Im just really curious how u put curry in front of so many other good Pg's
He's good bro Wink
J-Rod Wrote:He's good bro Wink

I know hes real good. But i dont think hes elite like the others mentioned.
5. Russell Westbrook - Still young, much to learn
4. Derrick Rose - Packing the Bulls on his back, he's gotten better every year
3. Tony Parker - Beware, his old game is starting to come back.
2. Rajon Rondo - Gets something done every night.
1. Chris Paul - Pure talent, on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

D-Will who?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I know hes real good. But i dont think hes elite like the others mentioned.

In due time bro Wink
1. Nash
2. Tony Parker
3. Rondo
4. rose
5. Westbrook

Dont like williams, he isnt going on my list. My honorable mention is Jason Kidd, he is one of the greatest point guards to ever play the game, of course old age and such prevents him from making the current top 5. But in his prime he was awesome IMO.
RIGHT NOW.
1. Rondo - He don't have to score a point and he can dominate a game.
2. Rose - Guys a monster.
3. Nash - working with sub par talent and still has good stats.
4. Williams - Carries the Jazz on his back
5. Westbrook - Him and Durrant are going to be quite the combo for years to come.

CP3 would be #1 on my list, but he's just not producing like he has in past years.
Ballers Wrote:5. Russell Westbrook - Still young, much to learn
4. Derrick Rose - Packing the Bulls on his back, he's gotten better every year
3. Tony Parker - Beware, his old game is starting to come back.
2. Rajon Rondo - Gets something done every night.
1. Chris Paul - Pure talent, on one of the worst teams in the NBA.

D-Will who?

Great list! :Thumbs:
1. Derrick Rose
2. Rajon Rondo
3. Chris Paul
4. Deron Williams
5. Russell Westbrook
1. Nash
2. Rondo
3. Parker
4. Williams
5. Paul
Stardust Wrote:5. Tony Parker, Spurs: The main thing you need to know about the Frenchman is that he is getting in the lane whenever he wants to, and he is scoring over your big men. Parker can basically score at will, and shoots a high percentage. He is an average passer, but has won at the highest level. He is solid defender, particularly as part of a team defense. If the Spurs weren't so big man oriented, you could see him average 22/10 with ease.

4. Steve Nash, Suns: How can you not love this guy? He is just a terrific offensive player, being one of the rare guys in the history of the league capable of shooting 50/40/90 on FG/3PT/FT. He is unselfish to a fault, but is capable of scoring when needed. The system has inflated his numbers to a certain extent, but he is still amazing with the ball. Now, defensively, he is a train wreck and the Suns almost always hide him if possible.

3. Rajon Rondo, Celtics: First off, Rondo is capable of dominating a game without scoring, a skill very few players have. Secondly, his basketball IQ is about as high as anyone in the league. Thirdly, he is, bar none, the best defensive point guard the league has seen since Gary Payton. Rondo would score 20 points a game on the Hornets or the Jazz, but instead, he has a ton of stars to keep happy, and he does it willingly and skillfully.

2. Deron Williams, Jazz: Williams is a very good scorer, driver, and passer. He has a low turnover rate. He has a solid mid-range game and is the ultimate finisher at the rim for a point. He's really everything you could ask for in a point guard offensively. He's unselfish, but can get big buckets. He's headstrong and has shown good leadership. His only problem is he seems to struggle keeping quick guards in front of him

1. Chris Paul, Hornets : Paul is #1, and it really isn't close. Paul's had two of the best seasons ever by a point guard since the league began tracking turnovers. He ranked second in steals per minute. At 6 feet, he achieved a better defensive rebound rate than 19 of the league's frontcourt players. He drew a league-leading 341 non-shooting fouls. Injuries have slowed him down, but when he get's healthy, no one is better.

Like the 5 and the reasoning except for 1. Using your same reasoning and still agreeing with you, CP is the best but not right now because he has been slowed down by injury this season. So I go this

Rando: Not the same guy that played for the cats, he sees the floor and executes in passing like no other and runs the break like a god. However he has a talented 2 and 3 in peirce and allan that prevents teams form playing good help defence which frees him up to score. A catagory he may would struggle in if playing with less talented teamates in those positions.

Tony Parker: not noticed much cause George Hill gets alot of his minutes but per consecutive minutes played he is great in all catagories. He would move up in the assist catagory if Duncan wasnt a dinosaur. The NBAs two man game makes the PG look good in that aspect when the big can catch and execute of the pick and roll. When Duncan is done and DeAndre Jordan gets more experience you will see that he gets back to the assist numbers he used to put up and as of this season you can see he has turned himself into quite the scorer to keep his value up despite the low assist numbers.

D-Will: Again needs a better supporting cast. Big Al doesnt shoot alot of high percentage shots and Milsap is not part of the 2 man game but should be IMO.. But Deron has the size and ability to overpower on the Dfence, finish with contact on the offence (leads all the PG's in And1s), and play different roles when needed. Equally efficient in all catagories plus a few extra in my oppinion.

Nash: Still Nash, may be the last of the free thinking, playmakers of the 90's. Try to guard him you get embarrased, still more WOWs OOOHHss and Ahhhs when he takes over than any other player in the league, but struggles guarding the more athletic physical PG's of today.

D-Rose: Much like D-Will but a better outside shooter. Gets to the basket like hes shot out of a rocket and can finish.

And here is where we dont agree right now.

Russel Westbrook: This time last year it was hands down CP3 but its not last year and he is not come back from injury with the same skill set it seems. But this guy is killing it in all catagories RIGHT NOW. Again I havent seen him play that much this year but looks like Durrant is not doing as well as he did last year (still great) and serge has some low stats, so maybe westbrook is thaking the time to bloom. But right now his numbers are rediculous and rediculously consistant.
1) Deron Williams
2) Derrick Rose
3) Rajon Rondo
4) Chris Paul
5) Steve Nash
(top 3 in no order)
Deron Williams
Rajon Rondo
Chris Paul
(Next 3)
Parker
Rose