Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alabama 68 - (12) Kentucky 66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wow, what a disappointing end to a great comeback. It's amazing how good that team played for about a ten minute stretch of the second half, when they cut a 20 point deficit down to 1. Just makes you wonder why that effort wasn't there the whole game.

I must say, though, when we got the ball down 1 with a minute to go, I thought we were going to win. Then, we got it back still just down one with 10 seconds to go, I again thought we were going to win. But Knight made freshman mistakes on both trips, and that was that.

Personally, I was hoping to see Darius Miller get the ball at the end and take it into the lane for the shot. Once again, he shot over 50% for the game, and was actually the only guy who shot decent all game. But then, we all knew he wouldn't assert himself like an upperclassman needs to with the game on the line.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Made a great comeback only to be stopped by some bull **** calls and poor execution.

Here we go again....
More Cowbell Wrote:Wow, what a disappointing end to a great comeback. It's amazing how good that team played for about a ten minute stretch of the second half, when they cut a 20 point deficit down to 1. Just makes you wonder why that effort wasn't there the whole game.

I must say, though, when we got the ball down 1 with a minute to go, I thought we were going to win. Then, we got it back still just down one with 10 seconds to go, I again thought we were going to win. But Knight made freshman mistakes on both trips, and that was that.

Personally, I was hoping to see Darius Miller get the ball at the end and take it into the lane for the shot. Once again, he shot over 50% for the game, and was actually the only guy who shot decent all game. But then, we all knew he wouldn't assert himself like an upperclassman needs to with the game on the line.

Knight played well....
but that charge and when he tried to force it to Lamb really killed us.

Darius Miller will never get the ball with the game on the line because he doesn't want it Wink
zaga_fan Wrote:Knight played well....
but that charge and when he tried to force it to Lamb really killed us.

Darius Miller will never get the ball with the game on the line because he doesn't want it Wink

Knight didn't play well.

He played good when we were making the comeback, but he did nothing before that.

He still has a lot to learn, but once he and everyone else on the team get on the same page we will be a pretty dangerous team, until then, we will be a top 25 team, nothing more.
Complet embarrassment.
The SEC West is not better than most think. They are awful. Every team in the west is awful, and now weve lost another one to them.

To be honest, when UK starts playing like this i cant even watch them. It's pointless, all anyone will do is get mad at watching them play.

UK's Season=:flush:
Dumb move by Knight and Lamb at the end..

Liggins made a big play to get us the ball back and we turned it back over..
Lamb and Knight are good in streaks but they make some foolish decisions sometimes by just trying to run the ball straight to the hoop. I have seen it many times this season and then they get pinned with the charge.

Just not smart basketball.
On that note, coming back from a 20 point deficit is impressive, but I want the win with it.
Hopefully the Cats can fix the problems. I would be jumping for joy if Vargas could develop into someone that can give ANY quality minutes. Freshman mistakes will happen, but they better improve before tournament time.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Knight didn't play well.

He played good when we were making the comeback, but he did nothing before that.

He still has a lot to learn, but once he and everyone else on the team get on the same page we will be a pretty dangerous team, until then, we will be a top 25 team, nothing more.

I agree with you BCA. Knight was nowhere to be found defensively for most of the game, even during the comeback, it was not Knight that was the primary contributor. He made a dumb foul in the middle of the come-back that gave Bama a brief reprieve and gave the momentum back to Bama briefly.

He does have a lot to learn. I'm not blaming him for the loss. I liked the way he wanted the ball down the stretch, but decision making in those types of games are something that has to be learned. Last night was a learning experience.

Lamb play's wild and uncontrolled, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. he makes things happen with that style, but it can drive a coach nuts.

The play with BK and Lamb down the stretch was drawn up from the bench. Sure, it was not executed properly, but are you telling me that's the best play that UK could draw up in that situation??????:igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:I agree with you BCA. Knight was nowhere to be found defensively for most of the game, even during the comeback, it was not Knight that was the primary contributor. He made a dumb foul in the middle of the come-back that gave Bama a brief reprieve and gave the momentum back to Bama briefly.

He does have a lot to learn. I'm not blaming him for the loss. I liked the way he wanted the ball down the stretch, but decision making in those types of games are something that has to be learned. Last night was a learning experience.

Lamb play's wild and uncontrolled, and I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing. he makes things happen with that style, but it can drive a coach nuts.

The play with BK and Lamb down the stretch was drawn up from the bench. Sure, it was not executed properly, but are you telling me that's the best play that UK could draw up in that situation??????:igiveup:

It could have been drawed up by phil jackson but if it isn't executed properly it wont mean anything. Who knows if the play would have worked or not.
I put the blame on that play the end more on Lamb than Knight.

Lamb just made a half-hearted cut to the basket and Knight just made a soft pass and it got tipped.
The last play was definitely a testament to Cal's playcalling ability.
I understand it wasn't executed well....
but I mean come on!!

Let's have the point guard get the ball at the 3-pt line and have the shooting guard swing around him?!
That might work in a gradeschool game or something but at the end of a college game when the opposition is thinking about nothing but executing on defense you have to come up with something a little better than that.
zaga_fan Wrote:The last play was definitely a testament to Cal's playcalling ability.
I understand it wasn't executed well....
but I mean come on!!

Let's have the point guard get the ball at the 3-pt line and have the shooting guard swing around him?!
That might work in a gradeschool game or something but at the end of a college game when the opposition is thinking about nothing but executing on defense you have to come up with something a little better than that.

Your hate for cal blinds you to the fact that Knight and lamb was going easy and turned the ball over. It was their fault noone elses.
This was a terrible loss, but hopefully a learning experience for this young team. Even in the SEC, you can't wait until the last 6 minutes of a game to start playing and expect to win. If this team plays for 40 minutes is a 15+ point win.
the entire time i watched the pathetic 1st half, i thought to myself two things:
A) and Bama can't shoot threes? What?
B) This Uk team was hyped to be better than last years. whoever said that is nuts
belfryball30 Wrote:the entire time i watched the pathetic 1st half, i thought to myself two things:
A) and Bama can't shoot threes? What?
B) This Uk team was hyped to be better than last years. whoever said that is nuts

With kanter we would be.
This makes the SEC look even worse than it already does. The best team and only ranked team in the conference, losing to an 11-7 team.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:[B]

Your hate for cal blinds you to the fact that Knight and lamb was going easy and turned the ball over. It was their fault noone elses.

Your love for Cal blinds you. Even if the handoff was successful, I didn't like the play designed anyway.
UK is really shooting themselves in the foot this season.
Did anyone notice Coach Cal curse towards Jones? Their making a huge deal out of it on ESPN. And Cal already apologized. I don't see it as much of a deal. No, he shouldn't use those such words to talk to a 19 year old. But it's not a huge deal. IMO
If Knight & Lamb execute that play correctly then Lamb has a open alley toward the basket, where he either could have attempted a floater or passed the ball off to the cutter. But there was obviously too much space between the two when they attempted the hand off.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Did anyone notice Coach Cal curse towards Jones? Their making a huge deal out of it on ESPN. And Cal already apologized. I don't see it as much of a deal. No, he shouldn't use those such words to talk to a 19 year old. But it's not a huge deal. IMO

It's a big deal because it was on national TV.
Aslan Wrote:This makes the SEC look even worse than it already does. The best team and only ranked team in the conference, losing to an 11-7 team.

Blah.
Aslan Wrote:Your love for Cal blinds you. Even if the handoff was successful, I didn't like the play designed anyway.

Its a very effective play.
Aslan Wrote:This makes the SEC look even worse than it already does. The best team and only ranked team in the conference, losing to an 11-7 team.

An undefeated team at home.
foxtrot1 Wrote:It's a big deal because it was on national TV.

Agree to disagree.
MVP2 Wrote:Blah.
Hard to argue the truth. It's a bad loss for the SEC in general.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its a very effective play.
Sure didn't look like it.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:An undefeated team at home.

A team that's 11-7 and won't make the tournament. When the NCAA committee looks at this loss, it's going to hurt UK's seeding.
Aslan Wrote:Hard to argue the truth. It's a bad loss for the SEC in general.

A team that's 11-7 and won't make the tournament. When the NCAA committee looks at this loss, it's going to hurt UK's seeding.

Either way there still undefeated at home!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Either way there still undefeated at home!

Love the avatar and sig :rockon:
Aslan Wrote:Hard to argue the truth. It's a bad loss for the SEC in general.

If its not executed properly nothing looks good.
Aslan Wrote:Love the avatar and sig :rockon:

Thank you, Thank you.
Pages: 1 2 3