Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bears/Packers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
NFC Championship - 2 pm

Lets Go Bears

thoughts?
Packers take it. I think that the Packers are a better team than the Bears right now.
It doesn't matter who wins this game, either team will get destroyed by the Steelers or Patriots in the Super Bowl.
Patriots huh? I didn't know they could advance straight to the SB after a Divisional loss...

lol, But I'm taking the Bears. We're hot right now, red hot.
Aaron Rodgers & The Packers shred the Bears.

Packers - 38

Bears - 17
vundy33 Wrote:Patriots huh? I didn't know they could advance straight to the SB after a Divisional loss...

lol, But I'm taking the Bears. We're hot right now, red hot.

I posted that halftime of the Pats/Jets game. I guess that I was wrong with that.
I'll be pulling for the Packers
GO PACKERs
Why do you guys hate the Bears?

Anyway, the Bears have the advantage in this one. They're playing at Soldier Field, one of the toughest stadiums to play in.

1. Really good WR corps, has gotten better and better with every game, especially the last 4-5 games of the season.

2. O-line is 10x better than when it was giving up 3-5 sacks a game early this year. Mike Tice has gotten those guys playing like an all-pro line.

3. Jay Cutler is the new gunslinger, can throw it harder or just as hard as anyone in the league and can put it in tiny holes that only few other QB's can manage (i.e. Manning, Brady, Brees).

4. Two great workhorses for backs in Matt Forte and Chester Taylor, with Forte this season having 1069 yards and averaging 4.5 YPC., not to mention Jay Cutler with a solid 232 yards on the ground and Taylor as an absolutely great 3rd down back.

5. Bears Defense has the 3rd best defense in the league, only allowing 90 YPG on the ground. With players like Brian Urlacher(Mike LB), Lance Briggs(Sam LB), Tommie Harris(DT) and Julius Peppers(RE), stopping the ground game, and guys like Charles Tillman(CB), Daniel Manning(SS) and Chris Harris(FS) suppressing the passing attack, this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

6. Passing attack isn't great, but more than enough to sustain and win games. The depth at the WR position is great. Devin Hester and Johnny Knox are speedsters, with a big quick guys like Earl Bennett and TE Greg Olsen with great hands there to go over the middle and come up with clutch, big-time catches. 5 WR's (including TE Greg Olsen) with over 5400 yards each and a combined 20 touchdowns between them make for multiple, skilled options in the passing game.

To conclude, I think the biggest factors in this game will be the 12th man (Soldier Field) and keeping Aaron Rodgers and the rest of the Packer offense off the field by a slow, hard nose running attack, PA pass, and short curl and slant routes, with the occasional deep bomb when Cutler see's a mismatch, which he is good at creating with his adjustments and slides.

Bears 23
Packers19

[SIZE=4]DA BEARS! Let's get it!!

[/SIZE]
This is an excellent matchup. Can Cutler and the offense put up points on Matthews/Woodson and the Packers D? Enough to win, anyways?
Wishing for a bears and jets superbowl
Nice rivalry game for the conference championship.
Bears win....
Packers are doomed to never win a SB again after the way they did Favre Smile
^I'm going to say Packers win..
and win the Superbowl..
Just IMO tho..
This is gonna be a great great game! And if the Packers play like they did against Atlanta. Watch out!

Packers will win..
lol, I was hoping someone would go in depth about the Packers...I'd like to debate.
vundy33 Wrote:lol, I was hoping someone would go in depth about the Packers...I'd like to debate.

Since you're one of my favorite users on here and we always seem to get along..

I don't think Cutler can handle the Packers blitz. Though the Bears line has been playing superbly, if for any amount of time they revert to the line we saw against the Giants early this year, the Packers will feast on Cutler. Even more, I don't think Cutler can complete passes to his less-than-amazing receiving core with Woodson, Williams, and Collins patrolling the secondary for the Packers.

The Bears have a sick defense, but Aaron Rodgers in my eyes is the 3rd best quarterback in the NFL. If the front four for the Bears gets pressure Rodgers can extend plays. I wouldn't try to pick on Tillman, but Rodgers will get it done.

I just think that the receivers aren't that good for the Bears, and Cutler isn't good enough to make bad receivers good in the way we have seen Brady, Manning, Brees, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan have. If the Bears win, it will be through the rushing game. I think Cutler will choke this one away. Low scoring game

Packers - 13
Bears - 7
^ Good post, you made some excellent points!
Stardust Wrote:^ Good post, you made some excellent points!

Thanks man, I kinda thought I made it too obvious I'm a huge Cutler hater, but ... I am a huge Cutler hater. lol.
Packers are playing better than anyone right now and Rodgers is the best QB in the league ATM. They just destroyed ATL in there own dome, and ATL rarely loses there, let alone get embarrassed. Packers lost @ Solider Field earlier this year but they also lost @ ATL. Matthews got to Ryan and he will Cutler too. I don't care who wins the SB now, as long as the Jets don't.
Pack - 24
Bears - 14
IMO Packers have the best defense in the NFC and the best QB in the NFC. Jay Cutler is not good enough and not that great of a leader for me to be picking the Bears.

Packers-30
Bears-20
Aaron Rodgers is in beast mode.

Good luck trying to stop him Wink
Hopefully the Bears. But, the Packers are on a roll right now.
Packers-17
Bears-10
This game has been all Packers. Aaron Rodgers could have passed for 500 yards, but the Packers are smartly getting their running game going.
Wow, what a freak INT. If the Bears can convert this to points, get the kickoff in the 2nd half, we have a whole new game
^ nevermind - AWESOME INT by Shields kills the Bears threat of doing anything before the half
Green Bay Chicago
1st Downs 17 6
Passing 1st downs
8 4
Rushing 1st downs
9 1
1st downs from penalties
0 1
3rd down efficiency
1-4 0-5
4th down efficiency
0-0 0-0
Total Plays 34 27
Total Yards 252 109
Passing 148 65
Comp-Att
10-15 6-13
Yards per pass
9.9 5.0
Rushing 104 44
Rushing Attempts
18 12
Yards per rush
5.8 3.7
Red Zone (Made-Att) 2-2 0-0
Penalties 2-10 3-17
Turnovers 1 1
Fumbles lost
0 0
Interceptions thrown
1 1
Possession 17:23 13:16
Packers with over 300 yards offense to the Bears 100.
Urlacher makes a bid to get the Bears back into it. He takes the INT close to midfield
Cutler is out of the game and Collins is the new QB
I still think Jay is terrible.
Pages: 1 2 3