Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds, Joey Votto Agree On A 3-Year Deal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Cincinnati Reds have agreed to a three-year, $38 million deal with first baseman Joey Votto, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney on Sunday.

The deal is pending a physical, which is scheduled for Monday, the sources said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6027417
i'm surprised it took this long really.
I knew the reds wasnt going to let the MVP go but it is the reds.
The reds seem to be so close to gettin back to the world series.
I wish chapman would evolve into a great starter but he will probably be limited to a reliever his whole career. He definitely needs to be more consistent.
I would like to see the reds pick upa great starting pitcher. The rest seems to be falling in place rather well.
^ Ditto. I could have seen Joey holding out as well. With $2M+ salaries galore, to settle for $12M+ seems like the Reds got by cheap. Good for us fans though.
Good for the Reds.
Signing the ones they need to sign. Hopefully they can make as much progress as they did last year. Then this investment will pay off. If not could be a fire sale in July
Fantastic.

I love Joey Votto Smile
^ ditto. even though i'm a Cubs Fan, I love Votto, he's a Fantastic Player and He Will Lead The Reds Back To The Playoffs In 2011
Glad to see the deal finally done, a nice little raise for a well derserving player. Votto had something like 525k last season.
Great sign by the Reds. I look forward to watching Votto and company do work for many years to come. For the first time in a long time it is exciting to be a Reds fan!
This is huge for the Reds!
Thank GOD!!!!