Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cobb leaving Campbellsville?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Brahma, you tend to be credible, but I don't know if I trust Topix or not. Can we take your word for it?
I wouldn't believe anything I read off those topix sites, there nothing but trouble and rumors but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cobb did leave again. He has a trend of leaving programs randomly.
LWC Wrote:Brahma, you tend to be credible, but I don't know if I trust Topix or not. Can we take your word for it?

Probably not...I did not post on Topix, just read it. I did put a question mark beside it because I realize that topix is unreliable at best...lol
Just thought I would pass along what is floating around here in Campbellsville.
My first thought was "Again? Surely not."
I honestly would be more suprised is Cobb stayed than if he left. I hate to say it, but it is true. The guy is a mover.
The first message in the C'ville Topix thread suggests that he is interested in the Pulaski Southwestern job. Last I heard, though, that job isn't open.

I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor, but stranger things have happened, I guess.
Gitback Coach Wrote:The first message in the C'ville Topix thread suggests that he is interested in the Pulaski Southwestern job. Last I heard, though, that job isn't open.

I wouldn't put much stock in this rumor, but stranger things have happened, I guess.

That would burn the Somerset people SOOO bad. It would be like when Rick Pitino went to UL.
I had heard those rumblings. I don't know if they were looking to get rid of the guy at southwestern or if he might be a coordinator on his staff.
Cobb is a mover.
OMG!!!! I am absolutely floored by this even though it might be a rumor. The SW twist really sews my head to the floor!!!!

If anybody knows again else or hears anything else, PLEASE let us know.

WOW!!! :yikes:
What has Cobb ever really done as a Coach?

Left Somerset in turmoil for Henderson Co. returned and then left again. Under achieved at Somerset. When he left Somerset went on a heck of a run!!!!

Went to Knott Co. for a few days had a disagreement and then left for Campbellsville. Now he is thinking of leaving there!!!! Big surprise. C'ville had some REALLY bad losses under Cobb this season.

The only real improvement he has ever had was a Knott Co. the first time. IMO.

Cobb seems to bring turmoil with him everywhere he goes.
Gitback Coach Wrote:The first message in the C'ville Topix thread suggests that he is interested in the Pulaski Southwestern job. Last I heard, though, that job isn't open.

As a Warrior fan I would like to see it. I think its time for a change. We cannot handle another year with "Kick it to Abner" Spencer calling the plays....there's a story behind that name. If he came to Southwestern I hope he hires Greg Kinney and Edwin Allin as assistants. But like CCRadioSports said if you hear anything else let us know.
If anyone hears it, I guarantee that Brahma will let us know, he finds things out fast.
DIG BRAHMA DIG!!!!!!

:please: :thanks:
I can't believe that there is someone out there that would hire this guy after the last 5 years. If I'm an administrator he doesn't even get an interview. He doesn't get along with his superiors and the trade off for football is average at best. When does he stop doing this to programs and kids????

I agree Bobcat Dad. Overall football doesn't cover for the trouble and adversity and starting over that follows.

:please::HitWall::redboxer:
This guy is crazy!!! I agree with poster above anyone that would hire him is crazy. The trouble that follows is no where near the risk of marginal success he has.
I do not what happened with Somerset but after he did what he did to Knott Central, I do not think he has any integrity and that is not someone as a parent I want my kids being around.
Take note that this is just a rumor at this point. I read it and thought it was intrigued with poster's self proclaimed knowledge of the situation.
Brahma, I never did thank you for the link to topix. Much appreciated! :thanks:

I just posted a reply on that page to see if the person had heard anything new.
There may be another place (south) that he ends up. Hearing his name. What a shame........
As in South Laurel???
Keep going south...IMO not a good move for the blue and white.
Xerxes Wrote:Keep going south...IMO not a good move for the blue and white.

No ways Xerxes, I would be dumb-founded if that happened!
Dungy Wrote:My first thought was "Again? Surely not."

mine to,lol
Well, first of all Dale Anderson isn't leaving. So if Cobb does come it would be as a Assistant Coach. 2ndly NO WAY ON EARTH would CObb be an Assistant to Anderson and No way Anderson would hire him as one. They both have 2 big of an EGO and it wouldn't work.

So that would really surprise me.
wildthang3 Wrote:Well, first of all Dale Anderson isn't leaving. So if Cobb does come it would be as a Assistant Coach. 2ndly NO WAY ON EARTH would CObb be an Assistant to Anderson and No way Anderson would hire him as one. They both have 2 big of an EGO and it wouldn't work.

So that would really surprise me.

Great idea for a reality show, though.
Sign me up as a camera man!!!!
Go Cobb Go! Remember the old song, Wonderer?
With Coach Spencer headed to Henry Co. here is an opening for OC at Southwestern..
South needs some kind of spark in the football program, to many athletes not to be competative.
Pages: 1 2