Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County 75 - Lawrence County 57
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats magoffin Co.
^
LC players keep playing hard.
Hmm, looks like I am STILL right.
LC new girls Coach has brought NOTHING good for them! They have lost I don't know how many games because of her. JC game they was up 20 nothing first courter, LC looked like an all start team. Then she puts people in that shouldn't be in & changes the defense. Then they end up losing.
Same thing happend the Belfry game LC was up pretty much the whole game. Then at the end she changes defense and has people in that should be in when its a close game. Then they end up losing...
LC has some awesome talent, & they could be 2nd in District, & prolly 3rd in Region.
IF they had a coach that KNEW how to coach. This makes me so upset seeing a team that is really good, but can't seem to win a game because of the coach! Hang in there girls!!!
SolidOxygen Wrote:Hmm, looks like I am STILL right.
LC new girls Coach has brought NOTHING good for them! They have lost I don't know how many games because of her. JC game they was up 20 nothing first courter, LC looked like an all start team. Then she puts people in that shouldn't be in & changes the defense. Then they end up losing.
Same thing happend the Belfry game LC was up pretty much the whole game. Then at the end she changes defense and has people in that should be in when its a close game. Then they end up losing...
LC has some awesome talent, & they could be 2nd in District, & prolly 3rd in Region.
IF they had a coach that KNEW how to coach. This makes me so upset seeing a team that is really good, but can't seem to win a game because of the coach! Hang in there girls!!!
The girls are LAZY and if you cant see that, then it must be your kid.
shadow308 Wrote:The girls are LAZY and if you cant see that, then it must be your kid.

Maybe they are lazy because of THEIR COACH!!!
SolidOxygen Wrote:Hmm, looks like I am STILL right.
trying to blame the coach for a bad season is a easy way out I know LC coach knows basketball as good as anyone.I am not saying she won't make mistakes but if people in Lawerence county will support her I think she will have a good program in a few years LC lost some good players last year to graduation that is hard to replace.maybe they need you solid O as the coach since you know so much more than the coach who played at UK 4 yrs and was 1rst team all-sec what team did you play on solid?
TopDog Wrote:trying to blame the coach for a bad season is a easy way out I know LC coach knows basketball as good as anyone.I am not saying she won't make mistakes but if people in Lawerence county will support her I think she will have a good program in a few years LC lost some good players last year to graduation that is hard to replace.maybe they need you solid O as the coach since you know so much more than the coach who played at UK 4 yrs and was 1rst team all-sec what team did you play on solid?

Well its obvious these girls could have won half of the games they played.. The Coach just changes everything then they end up losing...
I'm not saying she doesn't know basketball. Shes just not ready to be a head coach just yet. Just because she played at UK doesn't mean she is ready to be a head coach it just means she can play basketball. Doesn't mean she can teach it....:dontthink
SolidOxygen Wrote:Well its obvious these girls could have won half of the games they played.. The Coach just changes everything then they end up losing...
I'm not saying she doesn't know basketball. Shes just not ready to be a head coach just yet. Just because she played at UK doesn't mean she is ready to be a head coach it just means she can play basketball. Doesn't mean she can teach it....:dontthink
The girls have bad attitudes because there moms and dads sit in the stands and scream like fools at the coach because there kid gets in foul trouble in the first 3 mins of the game. Parents allways think there kids are better than what they are, that being said they girls could play better and win if the parents would stay out of it and quit downing the coach in front of there kid. We as parents are supposed to support the coach and the team. when the girls start seeing us parents showing respect to the coach they will to and then they will start playing as a team and finishing the game with a win.
shadow308 Wrote:The girls have bad attitudes because there moms and dads sit in the stands and scream like fools at the coach because there kid gets in foul trouble in the first 3 mins of the game. Parents allways think there kids are better than what they are, that being said they girls could play better and win if the parents would stay out of it and quit downing the coach in front of there kid. We as parents are supposed to support the coach and the team. when the girls start seeing us parents showing respect to the coach they will to and then they will start playing as a team and finishing the game with a win.
very well said shadow I think you are exactly right how is the players ever going to play hard for a coach that their parents put down in front of everyone it's not going to happen I don't care if they had Rick Pitino as their coach they wouldn't do any better without support from the community
shadow308 Wrote:The girls have bad attitudes because there moms and dads sit in the stands and scream like fools at the coach because there kid gets in foul trouble in the first 3 mins of the game. Parents allways think there kids are better than what they are, that being said they girls could play better and win if the parents would stay out of it and quit downing the coach in front of there kid. We as parents are supposed to support the coach and the team. when the girls start seeing us parents showing respect to the coach they will to and then they will start playing as a team and finishing the game with a win.

Well I had a few words with some people from LC that weren't parents to the kids that played and they all have said the same thing. "Coach lost that one for them."
Oh trust me I see why the parents and the girls are getting fed up. They are loosing every game, when they could have won!!!
Do they even have a press all I have seen is full court man. Which looks pathetic running it all the time. & what do they have a total of 3 Plays all together counting Out of Bounds too? That's all ive seen them "try" to run.
Coach just needs more experence then she MIGHT b ready to handle head coach...:rockon:
SolidOxygen Wrote:Well I had a few words with some people from LC that weren't parents to the kids that played and they all have said the same thing. "Coach lost that one for them."
Oh trust me I see why the parents and the girls are getting fed up. They are loosing every game, when they could have won!!!
Do they even have a press all I have seen is full court man. Which looks pathetic running it all the time. & what do they have a total of 3 Plays all together counting Out of Bounds too? That's all ive seen them "try" to run.
Coach just needs more experence then she MIGHT b ready to handle head coach...:rockon:
IM not trying to start a argument here, But how can a coach get a kid to do anything when the parent is standing up and screaming just QUIT to there kid. The bad part is that the kid did just that, she quit playing. This has went on all year and and its pitiful that a parent cant let a coach do there job. And of course your friends are going to agree with you when you start bitching about the coach, because they really dont feel like explaining to you how the girls are giving up because its obvious you have your mind made up.As for the Plays, the girls have yet to perfect the plays they have, why confuse them more. Here again I would on my kid day and night to learn the play. The girls are doing better and should be wining, But until they learn that coach and coach only is who they listen to when there on the floor, they will continue to loose in the last mins. of the game. I would ask the coach to see the books to see how many mistakes my kid made during the game, that way I could tell her the things she needs to work on and make sure the coach knows that you know your kid need to improve on that.
Winning takes work from the whole TEAM. And im not saying this to upset you, But video a game, and go home and watch it and count the mistake the girls make that are out of the coachs hands. She cant go out and play for them.
shadow308 Wrote:IM not trying to start a argument here, But how can a coach get a kid to do anything when the parent is standing up and screaming just QUIT to there kid. The bad part is that the kid did just that, she quit playing. This has went on all year and and its pitiful that a parent cant let a coach do there job. And of course your friends are going to agree with you when you start bitching about the coach, because they really dont feel like explaining to you how the girls are giving up because its obvious you have your mind made up.As for the Plays, the girls have yet to perfect the plays they have, why confuse them more. Here again I would on my kid day and night to learn the play. The girls are doing better and should be wining, But until they learn that coach and coach only is who they listen to when there on the floor, they will continue to loose in the last mins. of the game. I would ask the coach to see the books to see how many mistakes my kid made during the game, that way I could tell her the things she needs to work on and make sure the coach knows that you know your kid need to improve on that.
Winning takes work from the whole TEAM. And im not saying this to upset you, But video a game, and go home and watch it and count the mistake the girls make that are out of the coachs hands. She cant go out and play for them.
It is wise to direct your anger towards problems - not people, to focus your energies on answers - not excuses. ~William Arthur Ward
shadow308 Wrote:IM not trying to start a argument here, But how can a coach get a kid to do anything when the parent is standing up and screaming just QUIT to there kid. The bad part is that the kid did just that, she quit playing. This has went on all year and and its pitiful that a parent cant let a coach do there job. And of course your friends are going to agree with you when you start bitching about the coach, because they really dont feel like explaining to you how the girls are giving up because its obvious you have your mind made up.As for the Plays, the girls have yet to perfect the plays they have, why confuse them more. Here again I would on my kid day and night to learn the play. The girls are doing better and should be wining, But until they learn that coach and coach only is who they listen to when there on the floor, they will continue to loose in the last mins. of the game. I would ask the coach to see the books to see how many mistakes my kid made during the game, that way I could tell her the things she needs to work on and make sure the coach knows that you know your kid need to improve on that.

hey, how many games have the girls been up and ended up loosing NOT by players giving up but by the poor sub choice and change of offense and defense. so let me ask you this, how can a coach do her job when she cant show that she can win a clutch game?? no the coach cant win the game but she can keep the starters in who can and not sit them for a whole quarter while the middle schoolers get there quality pity reps. good coaches dont care about the parents complaining, good coaches want championships. heck even a decent coach wants to win so where does that put ours? if your correct then why do you think they had a team meeting in school today about the situation. looks like not anyone is happy. love your excuses though.......... "She cant go out and play for them." NOPE gotta be able to teach em first. :popcorn:
coaches fix the attitude if they think thats the problem, holbrook never had a problem.

same kids too, go figure?
Holbrook had plenty of problems!!!! And haters!!!!!! Even taken to court. Starters were not even in during Johnson Central game, and we were up by plenty, hmmmmmmm go figure? Again girls (starters) are LAZY, HEADS DOWN, BAD ATTITUDES, and TEARS all the time! I don't see the "middle schoolers" acting like that. They are out there making things happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give this coach the support she deserves, its her first year and yes she is YOUNG! Parents need to shut up, girls need to step up, work hard, and SOMEONE needs to be a leader for the "TEAM"!!!! If your not happy stay home!!!!
middle schoolers don't act that way cause they get more reps than anyone .. sure shows as we can see from the record. first year coaching though no problem
So your saying Holbrook had worse problems & still ended up having winning records?? Hmmmmmm go figure?
ALSO, if he had problems he didn't cry about them on bluegrassrivials...
After dropping a loss to Sheldon Clark, Magoffin rebounds and defeats Paintsville and Lawrence County for the second time of the season. Magoffin goes to 15-3 on the year.
SolidOxygen Wrote:middle schoolers don't act that way cause they get more reps than anyone .. sure shows as we can see from the record. first year coaching though no problem
Exactly, middle schoolers are not in foul trouble, so yes they get more game time and thats not their fault ........hmmm go figure! Middle schoolers dont worry about stats nor are their mommys down there keeping the stats for them!!!! AND AGAIN when the middle schoolers are in the game they ARE making plays. There are 5 girls on a team and on the floor, it is not only middle schoolers subbing in, it shouldnt matter the grade but the talent, heart, and hustle!!! Lets be honest there are way deeper issues and problems with this team than the coach, she was never given support or even a chance. I think you know that you sound pretty close to the program. There are game films for every varsity game, go watch some closely. There are stats for turnovers, missed lay ups, missed foul shots, and lack of rebounds, as well. You can plainly see the lack of effort and respect for coach (Respect starts at home). They should play as a team not worry about who's in the game or what grade someone is in. If they would play to the best of there ability and together, they might just come out with a win. Doesn't matter who the coach is! AND are you serious about holbrook? He had BIG problems. Don't really know his past records but, last year he had more talent on the floor and they were LEADERS when they were on the floor. They cared about the game and played with heart. If it was so great why did the awesome Holbrook leave such a great team then? Oh yeah, parents ran him off too!!! This coach wants to build a great and successful program, she has started a youth program, worked with the girls and played summer ball. Has been in the weightroom with them too. Shes done her part.
BondJamesBond Wrote:After dropping a loss to Sheldon Clark, Magoffin rebounds and defeats Paintsville and Lawrence County for the second time of the season. Magoffin goes to 15-3 on the year.
Congrats Magoffin Co. you have had a great season and you have a young team. Will be fun to watch them grow as players will have an awesome future. They play hard core for their coach.
shadow308 Wrote:Congrats Magoffin Co. you have had a great season and you have a young team. Will be fun to watch them grow as players will have an awesome future. They play hard core for their coach.

Very well said.
to coach Elliott, keep up the hard work and time. I'm a big believer that u play the best kid or most talented kid regardless of age. Age is way overrated talent is talent, seems u got some issues with your older girls, or parents not understanding what makes a good program. stay with your game plan, because I've seen some of your younger players all the way back to 5th grade and they are going to be pretty good.
Give Coach Elliott a break. She will make a good coach. This is her first year. She has played the game enough to know what she is doing. Lawrence Co should be thankful to have someone like Elliott to lead their program.
This thread got way off-topic really fast.