Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pat Shurmur Named Browns Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pat Shurmur has been named head coach of the Browns today.
who is this guy, i've never heard of him?
Me either, All I know is he was the OC for the Rams last season.
If he was OC for the Rams last season, why in the world would Mike Holmgren hire him?

Mike has been known to surround himself with great assistant coaches, maybe he knows something we dont.
LWC Wrote:If he was OC for the Rams last season, why in the world would Mike Holmgren hire him?

Mike has been known to surround himself with great assistant coaches, maybe he knows something we dont.

Shurmur was an assistant under Holmgren.
MVP2 Wrote:Shurmur was an assistant under Holmgren.

It was it uncle that was an assistant for him in green bay
It sure seems like the Browns could have found a coach with head coaching experience
yeah they could have star though im questioning it now, I will give the guy a chance but this could be another short stay for another coach.
Fixing the Browns franchise won't be easy or quick. So I hope this guy is gonna be in it for the long run!
HossDawg Wrote:Fixing the Browns franchise won't be easy or quick. So I hope this guy is gonna be in it for the long run!

your right. they have been getting better players here the last little bit and we showed some good strides this last season we just need to build off of that. I hope Shurmur is the coach we need but I still don't know.
So, HossDawg and CardAlum do you like the hire?
MVP2 Wrote:So, HossDawg and CardAlum do you like the hire?

Im still kinda so/so on it but like I said Im going to give the man a chance, Its just not gonna be a over night transition we need new personal in a lot of positions. I hear Rob Ryan is out as DC which I hate to hear as it seemed the D was not our problem. But only time will tell how this hire will go and who will be brought in as his assistants. I sure hope Mike knows what he was doing with this hire or he will have some very angry fans up in the pound.
^ Everyone is looking for the next Belichick to come from the Coordinator ranks. I'm just not confident that this guy is any better than they had with "Lil" Romeo or "Boom Boom" ManGini
MVP2 Wrote:So, HossDawg and CardAlum do you like the hire?

I don't know right know. I hope! But only time will tell.