Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Articles after September 11, 2001
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was searching on the internet for some articles of how America reacted to September 11, 2001. Because I heard that we united as a nation, I tried to find some articles about how people were treating each other after September 11, 2001. I was looking for how politicians were treating each other. I was looking for whether or not they were blaming another political party or political opponent for everything, or if they united and were praying together. I've found one article so far. I think it's five days after September 11, 2001. Here's the article:

http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5565

Please notice that this article didn't blame anyone for anything. And if America was ever truly as charitable and caring as they say we used to be, I hope we do that again. Also, if each individual truly helped each other despite their beliefs as I keep on hearing, I really hope we do that again as well. This article reminds me that we're all Americans. We might be going through tough economic times and we all might disagree with some issues, but we're all in this together. God bless America.
:Thumbs:
Democrats in Congress and the media only put their attacks on Bush and the Republicans on hold following 9/11 because of Bush's enormous popularity and the strong support for the newly declared War on Terror. As soon as Bush's poll numbers began to drop, Democrats began comparing him to Hitler and the political vitriol in Washington returned to about the same level as it is today.

It is a mistake to attribute the brief truce between Democrats and Bush following the 9/11 attacks to anything but political opportunism. Most of them supported the war in Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, and even the Iraq War but then tried to have it both ways by saying that they only voted to support those measures because Bush was a liar.

As Obama's numbers continue to sink, you will see RHINOS and moderate Democrats turn on him the same way that liberal Democrats and RHINOS turned on Bush. RHINOS and "moderates" can always be counted upon to keep one finger in the air to check the political winds no matter which party controls the White House. Bill Clinton understood that fact and took steps to remain fairly popular and avoid conviction on impeachment charges. I am betting that Obama's fate will be more like the former worst president in modern history, Jimmy Carter.
We're all in this together? I hope we do that again?

Yeah, okay. The people of this country are pathetic. It takes a national tragedy to unite anyone, and even then, people are still placing blame, over and over and over. I'm so **** sick of it I could puke. In the last two weeks, I've talked to 5, let me repeat, FIVE adults that didn't know we were even in Afghanistan. How completely pathetic is that?

We're not in anything together. It takes freaking over 3 or 4 troops to die in a day for CNN to even give it 2 **** minutes. The government can't get anything done because they're to busy arguing with each other.

Small-town patriotism is all that's left, and that's hardly there. Soon enough, that'll be gone as well.
vundy33 Wrote:We're all in this together? I hope we do that again?

Yeah, okay. The people of this country are pathetic. It takes a national tragedy to unite anyone, and even then, people are still placing blame, over and over and over. I'm so **** sick of it I could puke. In the last two weeks, I've talked to 5, let me repeat, FIVE adults that didn't know we were even in Afghanistan. How completely pathetic is that?

We're not in anything together. It takes freaking over 3 or 4 troops to die in a day for CNN to even give it 2 **** minutes. The government can't get anything done because they're to busy arguing with each other.

Small-town patriotism is all that's left, and that's hardly there. Soon enough, that'll be gone as well.

:Thumbs:

It's all about who's getting the money IMO
I thought of bumping this thread for today.

I found another article about September 11, 2001:

http://911digitalarchive.org/smithsonian/details/27

To my understanding, her husband was working in the World Trade Center during September 11, 2001. I really liked reading her answer for "What do you think should be remembered about September 11th?" Here's part of her response:

Quote:...The way communities pulled together to help each other. I have never felt so close to complete strangers in my life. The feeling that our nation pulled together as one - suddenly all the differences that we seem to fight about on a daily basis didn't matter.

Hopefully, this September 11 will bring our nation together again like it did before.

And if any of you have an article to share that could help us remember what it was like a few days after September 11, 2001, please post it here.
Something for our Progressive brethren out there. Over the past two years President Bush has been the reason we're in the mess were in. No matter what the issue it's because of what President Bush had done and the President Obama has made sure it didn't get worst.
After 9/11/01 did you hear President Bush blaming President Clinton for dropping the ball? How it was the previous administrations fault for the attach and economic fall out? Just my observation on the Patriot Day.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Democrats in Congress and the media only put their attacks on Bush and the Republicans on hold following 9/11 because of Bush's enormous popularity and the strong support for the newly declared War on Terror. As soon as Bush's poll numbers began to drop, Democrats began comparing him to Hitler and the political vitriol in Washington returned to about the same level as it is today.

It is a mistake to attribute the brief truce between Democrats and Bush following the 9/11 attacks to anything but political opportunism. Most of them supported the war in Afghanistan, the Patriot Act, and even the Iraq War but then tried to have it both ways by saying that they only voted to support those measures because Bush was a liar.

As Obama's numbers continue to sink, you will see RHINOS and moderate Democrats turn on him the same way that liberal Democrats and RHINOS turned on Bush. RHINOS and "moderates" can always be counted upon to keep one finger in the air to check the political winds no matter which party controls the White House. Bill Clinton understood that fact and took steps to remain fairly popular and avoid conviction on impeachment charges. I am betting that Obama's fate will be more like the former worst president in modern history, Jimmy Carter.
Any time, any reason, any season, to slam Democrats and Obama, even when it isn't on topic.
TheRealVille Wrote:Any time, any reason to slam Democrats and Obama, even when it isn't on topic.

Gosh RV , the post you are commenting on was made all the way back in January.
Bob Seger Wrote:Gosh RV , the post you are commenting on was made all the way back in January.
Does that make it anymore on topic? I didn't bring this thread back up to date, did I?
TheRealVille Wrote:Does that make it anymore on topic? I didn't bring this thread back up to date, did I?

No need to get uptight. I just didn't know if you were aware that it was that old.

However it doesn't mean that it's all not true though ,does it?
Bob Seger Wrote:No need to get uptight. I just didn't know if you were aware that it was that old. post

However it doesn't mean that it's all not true though ,does it?
My post was on topic but RV never needs a good reason to defend Obama. The fact that the union bosses support Obama is good enough for him. Obama supporters (the few who are left) outsourced their thinking a long time ago and those jobs are not comng back.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My post was on topic but RV never needs a good reason to defend Obama. The fact that the union bosses support Obama is good enough for him. Obama supporters (the few who are left) outsourced their thinking a long time ago and those jobs are not comng back.

Think he might be one of Jimmy Jr.'s speech writers?:biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:My post was on topic but RV never needs a good reason to defend Obama. The fact that the union bosses support Obama is good enough for him. Obama supporters (the few who are left) outsourced their thinking a long time ago and those jobs are not comng back.
If I were an Obama supporter, why in another thread did I say I could vote for Romney if the republicans give me the chance to? It doesn't mean someone is a supporter of Obama if they call you on the fact that you never miss a chance to slam him and the democrats.
TheRealVille Wrote:If I were an Obama supporter, why in another thread did I say I could vote for Romney if the republicans give me the chance to? It doesn't mean someone is a supporter of Obama if they call you on the fact that you never miss a chance to slam him and the democrats.

Could it be because they deserve it?
TheRealVille Wrote:If I were an Obama supporter, why in another thread did I say I could vote for Romney if the republicans give me the chance to? It doesn't mean someone is a supporter of Obama if they call you on the fact that you never miss a chance to slam him and the democrats.
I call you an Obama supporter because nobody has defended him and his corrupt administration as often and as vocally as you have. Furtermore, if you think that I never miss a chance to criticize Obama and his henchmen, then you really are clueless about just how bad this administration has been for this country. I show great restraint in not starting several threads a day highlighting Obama's incompetence, his corrupt administration, and the gallery of thugs like Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. who do his dirty work.

The truth is, I am working 10 to 12 hours a day on a project and I just don't have the time to do the job of properly critiquing Obama's pitiful performance justice. To make matters worse, the Army is in the process of moving the department in which I work to a base across town, so my short commute is about to become a long haul.

Since you are a Romney man, maybe you could take some of the burden of exposing Obama's misdeeds from my shoulders. :biggrin:
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I call you an Obama supporter because nobody has defended him and his corrupt administration as often and as vocally as you have. Furtermore, if you think that I never miss a chance to criticize Obama and his henchmen, then you really are clueless about just how bad this administration has been for this country. I show great restraint in not starting several threads a day highlighting Obama's incompetence, his corrupt administration, and the gallery of thugs like Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. who do his dirty work.

The truth is, I am working 10 to 12 hours a day on a project and I just don't have the time to do the job of properly critiquing Obama's pitiful performance justice. To make matters worse, the Army is in the process of moving the department in which I work to a base across town, so my short commute is about to become a long haul.

Since you are a Romney man, maybe you could take some of the burden of exposing Obama's misdeeds from my shoulders. :biggrin:
You don't have a clue what a long haul is to get to work, and what it's like to stay in a hotel for at least 6 months at a time to feed your family. Ask me, I do. The shortest drive I have to get to work is 45 minutes, and I haven't worked there in 5 years. I worked in MI. for almost 5 years straight, traveling back and forth to see my family. My wife works for the state, so I just can't pack up my family like you do. Don't talk to me about a long haul to work.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I call you an Obama supporter because nobody has defended him and his corrupt administration as often and as vocally as you have. Furtermore, if you think that I never miss a chance to criticize Obama and his henchmen, then you really are clueless about just how bad this administration has been for this country. I show great restraint in not starting several threads a day highlighting Obama's incompetence, his corrupt administration, and the gallery of thugs like Jimmy Hoffa, Jr. who do his dirty work.

I never heard you criticize Bush and his henchmen.
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't have a clue what a long haul is to get to work, and what it's like to stay in a hotel for at least 6 months at a time to feed your family. Ask me, I do. The shortest drive I have to get to work is 45 minutes, and I haven't worked there in 5 years.
On my last job, I spent a full year living in a Motel 6 Suites in the city limits of Jackson, MS, so I think I know what a long haul to work is. If I decide to take public transportation to work beginning on Wed. or Thu., I will have between a 1-1/2 and 2 hour commute each way. When I decide to visit family in Kentucky, it will still be an 8-hour trip home. I am not complaining, because I could shorten my commute if I wanted, but I don't think that there is much that you could teach me about working far from home. I know that people in your line of work do a lot of travelling to work, but so do people in my business.
TheRealVille Wrote:I never heard you criticize Bush and his henchmen.
Then you haven't read all of my posts. I would be glad to repeat some of my criticisms about Bush's spending, which although dwarfed by Obama's excesses, was still way too much - but that is what the search tool is for. I supported Bush's foreign policy, including both the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Domestically, Bush was a big disappointment.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:On my last job, I spent a full year living in a Motel 6 Suites in the city limits of Jackson, MS, so I think I know what a long haul to work is. If I decide to take public transportation to work beginning on Wed. or Thu., I will have between a 1-1/2 and 2 hour commute each way. When I decide to visit family in Kentucky, it will still be an 8-hour trip home. I am not complaining, because I could shorten my commute if I wanted, but I don't think that there is much that you could teach me about working far from home. I know that people in your line of work do a lot of travelling to work, but so do people in my business.
Funny how you just quote half of my post. Was your wife with you during these times? Second bold: Immediate family, as in wife and kids? I think there is a lot of things I could teach you about traveling away from your immediate family, as in wife and kids.
TheRealVille Wrote:Funny how you just quote half of my post. Was your wife with you during these times? Second bold: Immediate family, as in wife and kids? I think there is a lot of things I could teach you about traveling away from your immediate family, as in wife and kids.
Maybe a "Who's got the toughest commute" thread is in order. Or maybe a "Worlds toughest commutes" starring TheRealVille. I'm sure the Travel Channel could squeeze it in. CBS may be interested in a "Commuter" reality series.

How dare Hoot compare his commute to yours.

Hoot, what were you thinking?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Maybe a "Who's got the toughest commute" thread is in order. Or maybe a "Worlds toughest commutes" starring TheRealVille. I'm sure the Travel Channel could squeeze it in. CBS may be interested in a "Commuter" reality series.

Yea, a kid get's in the conversation. Were you invited? You still live with momma, probably.
Well, Im gonna stop bitching about my 50 minute commute to work right about now Big Grin
SKINNYPIG Wrote:Maybe a "Who's got the toughest commute" thread is in order. Or maybe a "Worlds toughest commutes" starring TheRealVille. I'm sure the Travel Channel could squeeze it in. CBS may be interested in a "Commuter" reality series.

:thatsfunn The only reason that I mentioned my commute was to explain why I have slacked off in my criticism of Barack Obama and the thugs who surround him. My wife gladly joined me on the road once our last child graduated high school. So, I will gladly concede the road warrior trophy to Mr. RV. :Cheerlead :1: :Cheerlead
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Well, Im gonna stop bitching about my 50 minute commute to work right about now Big Grin
I have had it made for the past year and a half. I can walk to the train in 8 minutes, ride to my office building in 11 minutes, and be at my desk 5 minutes later. Once at work, I am less than a 10 minute walk to one of the nicest malls in the DC area without being exposed to the weather and I probably have close to 100 restaurants to choose from for lunch without having to drive a car.

The only reason that I am planning to take buses to work after my job moves is to be able to use the time to pick up some new job skills. I would rather ride and read for 2 hours as drive one hour in heavy traffic. If I get tired of the ride, then I can always move across town and cut my commute in half.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:I have had it made for the past year and a half. I can walk to the train in 8 minutes, ride to my office building in 11 minutes, and be at my desk 5 minutes later. Once at work, I am less than a 10 minute walk to one of the nicest malls in the DC area without being exposed to the weather and I probably have close to 100 restaurants to choose from for lunch without having to drive a car.

The only reason that I am planning to take buses to work after my job moves is to be able to use the time to pick up some new job skills. I would rather ride and read for 2 hours as drive one hour in heavy traffic. If I get tired of the ride, then I can always move across town and cut my commute in half.
Yeah...I work in Pikeville (almost out of Pikeville towards Prestonsburg), so the only thing I deal with is the Weddington lights and the Pike Countians that get their licenses out of a crackerjack box..Other than that, I dont have it that bad, so I wont complain, lol..
TheRealVille Wrote:You don't have a clue what a long haul is to get to work, and what it's like to stay in a hotel for at least 6 months at a time to feed your family. Ask me, I do. The shortest drive I have to get to work is 45 minutes, and I haven't worked there in 5 years. I worked in MI. for almost 5 years straight, traveling back and forth to see my family. My wife works for the state, so I just can't pack up my family like you do. Don't talk to me about a long haul to work.

Lol what? Are you serious? Where the hell did that come from? Man, you set yourself up to get schooled...

You probably don't hear Hoot criticizing Pres Bush because HE HASN'T BEEN THE DAMN PRESIDENT IN 3 YEARS! GOOD GOD! When he was, Hoot criticized him plenty. I remember it, because I love Pres Bush. Hoot does go a little overboard in my opinion in criticizing the President of the United States, he does have the toughest job on earth, BUT, he has done one hell of a job of f*cking up everything he has touched.

Hoot's criticism's of Pres. Obama are well deserved. Your above post is just stupid, and looks like nothing but just trying to change the subject. I can't believe you let that stupidity in the above post even enter your mind, and especially post it in this thread.

Confusederiously:
vundy33 Wrote:Lol what? Are you serious? Where the hell did that come from? Man, you set yourself up to get schooled...

You probably don't hear Hoot criticizing Pres Bush because HE HASN'T BEEN THE DAMN PRESIDENT IN 3 YEARS! GOOD GOD! When he was, Hoot criticized him plenty. I remember it, because I love Pres Bush. Hoot does go a little overboard in my opinion in criticizing the President of the United States, he does have the toughest job on earth, BUT, he has done one hell of a job of f*cking up everything he has touched.

Hoot's criticism's of Pres. Obama are well deserved. Your above post is just stupid, and looks like nothing but just trying to change the subject. I can't believe you let that stupidity in the above post even enter your mind, and especially post it in this thread.

Confusederiously:
For the most part, I supported President Bush. Besides his foreign policy, I also liked his tax cuts. Things I didn't like included the fast pace of growth of the federal bureaucracy, spending billions on AIDS prevention in Africa, and Bush's push of the "ownership society," which I think impeded him from taking any meaningful steps to prevent the housing bubble.

The housing bubble and mortgage crisis were primarily caused by liberal Democrats like Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, and the entire Black Caucus brow beating federal regulators, Freddie Mac, Fannie May, et al. into "encouraging" banks to sign high risk mortgages to with individuals who had little hope of paying for their homes - but the Bush administration did virtually nothing to stand up to the bullies in Congress.

Bush greatly increased spending on federal handouts to black Americans and in return he and his administration were repeatedly branded racists and Nazis by left wingers, including the supposedly moderate NAACP. Blacks in this country are never going to support Republicans treating them in the same cynical, condescending way as liberal Democrats. The way to win over black voters is to create a strong economy and constantly remind them which party put the unemployed among them to work. Poverty among all Americans and particularly among black Americans has soared under Obama and Republicans should be reminding voters of that fact every single time that they speak in public.
nky Wrote:Something for our Progressive brethren out there. Over the past two years President Bush has been the reason we're in the mess were in. No matter what the issue it's because of what President Bush had done and the President Obama has made sure it didn't get worst.
After 9/11/01 did you hear President Bush blaming President Clinton for dropping the ball? How it was the previous administrations fault for the attach and economic fall out? Just my observation on the Patriot Day.
Excellent observation. I do not recall the Bush administration blaming Clinton for anything. I am sure that some members did point out that the events of 9/11 were put into motion 5 years before Bush took office but I don't remember Bush using Clinton as a scapegoat. He certainly did not make it part of his daily ritual the way that Obama starts blaming bush about the same time that he gets his morning coffee.

Obama's whining has even made Jimmy Carter's tenure as president look manly and that is not an easy thing to do.
Pages: 1 2