Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Reds sign Edgar Renteria
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Edgar Renteria signs with the Reds today, on a one year deal. Renteria was named MVP of last seasons World Series.

Thoughts?
Is this official?
Meh.

I feel bad for Paul Janish, I thought he was finally going to get his chance at alot of playing time.

However, Renteria will more than likely be a starter.
^ Agreed. I think Janish could have given the Reds what they needed, but Edgar comes at a discount at $3M per year. They can afford to allow both to compete for the job. Plus, if Janish proves he can handle it everyday, the Reds are likely to get more value from Edgar in a mid-season trade than it is costing them. I don't have a problem with the move.
Stardust Wrote:^ Agreed. I think Janish could have given the Reds what they needed, but Edgar comes at a discount at $3M per year. They can afford to allow both to compete for the job. Plus, if Janish proves he can handle it everyday, the Reds are likely to get more value from Edgar in a mid-season trade than it is costing them. I don't have a problem with the move.

It also never hurts to sign the World Series MVP. I agree with you though.