Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Floyd County 2011
Who won the B-team? What teams look to be moving forward?
Okay, we are close enough to the season that I can give an opinion. First I thinks Adams won the A,B,and C team in 2010.
This coming season for A team, Adams has to be considered the team to beat simply because they won it last year. I would put BL as a lock for no worse than second place and with the addition of Dwight Jarrell as the head coach I would not argue with anyone who wanted to make them the favorite to win the county. Allen is a program on the rise but were inconsistent last year. If they can put together 4 quaters every game instead of 2 quarters they could be a force in the county. SF has a lot of hallway talent. They go to school there but will never step on the practice field. Numbers, starting practice late in the year, kills them and I don't see them winning any county games.
B team. Once again Adams and Betsy Layne will fight for top honors. South Floyd and Allen will fight for third place.
C team. Adams again and from what I saw last year, most of that team were 2nd and 3rd graders so they should be loaded. Betsy Layne is always solid, and Allens C team looked pretty decent last year as well as South Floyd.
A team
adams would have to be the favorite in the county. Despite losing several key players from last year's championship team, the blackcats return some very talented athletes. Coach howell will have the boys ready to play. Adams is the team to beat.

betsy layne returns only a few players from last year's team. They will be less experienced than the teams over the past few years, but as always coach jarrell will have his team ready to play and compete with anyone.

[color="red"]allen central[/color] another team that will be losing the majority of their starters. Alot of younger athletes will have the chance to prove themselves.

south floyd if south floyd has the numbers out to play they could always be competitive. So hopefully the kids will come out to play and the team will compete with the other teams in the county.

** i have been told allen will not have an 'a" team this year **
Good luck bobcats!
I'd take the Bobcats this yr. over Adams!
I got so excited I forgot Allen Central. They fielded their best A-team in years last year, and I think playing in the Big Sandy Conference helped a lot with that. their B-team was also a good solid team, with a half-back who ran like he had shot out of cannon. I would give them a solid third place in the county, but with the possibility to move up to second if BL or AMS sustain any injuries.
What is the deal with Allen not fielding an A-team? If I had a kid there, I would be very angry and probably either heading to Adams or Betsy Layne. Floyd County athletics at its finest. "If it ain't round and brown we don't like it" That kind of thinking is the reason Floyd county athletics trails Johnson, Martin and Pike Counties and if things don't change soon Magoffin County.
:Clap:
hawg laig Wrote:I got so excited I forgot Allen Central. They fielded their best A-team in years last year, and I think playing in the Big Sandy Conference helped a lot with that. their B-team was also a good solid team, with a half-back who ran like he had shot out of cannon. I would give them a solid third place in the county, but with the possibility to move up to second if BL or AMS sustain any injuries.
What is the deal with Allen not fielding an A-team? If I had a kid there, I would be very angry and probably either heading to Adams or Betsy Layne. Floyd County athletics at its finest. "If it ain't round and brown we don't like it" That kind of thinking is the reason Floyd county athletics trails Johnson, Martin and Pike Counties and if things don't change soon Magoffin County.
Don't be surprised if Betsy Layne goes for number 6 in a row this year. Last year they played Adams tough with a line up that was not nearly as good as what they will have this coming year. They also split games with Allen Central! You add JT Hall in the middle to Betsy Layne with Nate (sorry his last name slips my mind) with Kory Stevens who I think is the best all around player in the County and you have something special! Add one more piece which has been playing aau with them, and they are one of the top four teams in the region with Pikeville, Louisa and Dorton.
hawg laig Wrote:Okay, we are close enough to the season that I can give an opinion. First I thinks Adams won the A,B,and C team in 2010.
This coming season for A team, Adams has to be considered the team to beat simply because they won it last year. I would put BL as a lock for no worse than second place and with the addition of Dwight Jarrell as the head coach I would not argue with anyone who wanted to make them the favorite to win the county. Allen is a program on the rise but were inconsistent last year. If they can put together 4 quaters every game instead of 2 quarters they could be a force in the county. SF has a lot of hallway talent. They go to school there but will never step on the practice field. Numbers, starting practice late in the year, kills them and I don't see them winning any county games.
B team. Once again Adams and Betsy Layne will fight for top honors. South Floyd and Allen will fight for third place.
C team. Adams again and from what I saw last year, most of that team were 2nd and 3rd graders so they should be loaded. Betsy Layne is always solid, and Allens C team looked pretty decent last year as well as South Floyd.

Just to clear up the confusion, Betsy Layne won the A team tournament, South Floyd won the B team tournament and Adams won the C team Tournament.
Whoops...my bad, didn't take the time to check and see this was football instead of basketball.
Adams is always the team to beat in Floyd Co. Football.
Jon419 Wrote:Adams is always the team to beat in Floyd Co. Football.

Agreed!
Who do you thinks the best players in the county?
hawg laig Wrote:What is the deal with Allen not fielding an A-team? If I had a kid there, I would be very angry and probably either heading to Adams or Betsy Layne. Floyd County athletics at its finest. "If it ain't round and brown we don't like it" That kind of thinking is the reason Floyd county athletics trails Johnson, Martin and Pike Counties and if things don't change soon Magoffin County.
Allen will be doing everything possible this year to field a A-team, meeting on monday coming out of dead period (hope none of the kids go elsewhere), the B & C teams are still solid from what I'm hearing.
Rumor is that Adams may be losing some kids to Johsnon Central? Is this true???
xSasquatchx85 Wrote:Rumor is that Adams may be losing some kids to Johsnon Central? Is this true???
Good luck to them, The blackcats will be fine!
the only player that adams lost was a lineman, adams will be the best in floyd county and big sandy, they have nothing to worry about.
xSasquatchx85 Wrote:Rumor is that Adams may be losing some kids to Johsnon Central? Is this true???

One kid is going to JC. We wish him the best of luck.

blackcats000 Wrote:the only player that adams lost was a lineman, adams will be the best in floyd county and big sandy, they have nothing to worry about.

I don't agree with this statement. Adams lost several key players to high school, including quarterback. However, we do return our skill players that played a big part in the success we had last season. Martin, Frasure, Marcum and Little will be back for the BLACKCATS. All the boys will be giving it all they got to repeat the success of the last two years.. As always, the team will be ready come Game day!!!! Hail Blackcats!!!!!!!!!!
:1:
One player will be going to JC. We wish him the best of luck.

We lost several players to high school, including our quarterback.. However, we do return our skill players that played a vital part in last year's success. Martin, Frasure, Marcum, C. Jarrell and Little will be returning for the BLACKCATS. As always the boys will be working hard to repeat last year's success. They will be ready to go come GAMEDAY!!! Hail Blackcats!!:1:
Ray will effect the Cats but they will still hold there ground in the big school. Best of luck to Howell and his team
As of now it looks like Allen will have a "A" team. Numbers are not great yet ( still trying to overcome the loss of kids to other schools ) but getting better. Hope a couple more kids come out when school starts.
The B & C teams will be okay numbers wise as well.
South Floyd's in the same boat, they have 4 8th graders and 4 7th.