•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
4ThePlayerz Wrote:If I were in charge of hiring I would at least give you or amped88 first dibbs on the job:biggrin:

lol
A_Ray #5 :];1113667 Wrote:Shawn Hager!

why? what has he done, every year is supposed to be best in history and nothing to show for it...not putting him down, good coach,but his teams usally get beat 2nd round..., Bell wouldnt put up with that...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Just remember when a coach says he wouldn't leave sometimes is a lie. Petrino at Louisville and Pitino at Kentucky. Both said that as well.

EXACTLY!!! And to whom ever put Kenny Roark on that list of possible coaches I just want to say thanks for the laugh this morning, silly rabbit tricks are for kids!!!
:lmao:
I know all of you Harlan fans would hate to see Larkey leave for Bell....
however, with Bell moving down to 3A I think Larkey would instantly be a State title contender in 3A with Bell County.
and with Highlands leaving 5A you never know what the Black Bears could do.

I never thought Al Holland would leave PCC for Hazard but it happened lol
It is not wishful thinking. Coach Larkey is not going anywhere. There is no one on this side of 5A that is anywhere near Central. That is not the reason he is staying at HC but one that I am sure he'd consider.
Mills is not the AD at Knox Central , Bell could offer him the AD job and the Head Football Coaching position. I just don't see how he could turn that down.

Sorry Knox fans but if Bell wants him bad enough they'll get him.
The way to get on the list is just local barber shop talk, or valid info that one has applied. There was a coach at the school yesterday and another has been at the school also. To get Xed off well just information from you and others.
I don't know if Larkey would leave Harlan Co. or not. He's getting that nice big field here soon and has a promising team coming back, but if I was a coach and got offered the Bell job..you better beleive I'd jump at that oppurtunity.
It was not the Bell job that made Dudley Hilton great. It was the other way around. I just don't think like that I guess. It is not automatic that you'll win if you go there. Coach Hilton did leave there once before.
No way larkey goes to Bell. I think it will be mills
4ThePlayerz Wrote:If I were in charge of hiring I would at least give you or amped88 first dibbs on the job:biggrin:

and William Muney. :biggrin:
Yogibear Wrote:From a different angle, it could be tough even if they don't lose early on. If they win early on, it will be with Dudley's players and because Bell always wins. Kind of like the early Tubby Smith days in my opinion. Haters and doubters will be waiting in the wings to pounce on the first season that is not up to Bell's standards, and then they'll let the guy have it. They'll tell the guy that he only won with players from the old system, things like that. I hope that doesn't happen but that seems to be the nature of the beast. It is really a no win situation for whomever takes this monumental task on. It will be very hard to replace a man that NO ONE has ever surpassed in wins, almost impossible.

How did Bell do without Hilton before he coached there and when he went to Bourban Co?
Twitter: @tc_analytics

As the old saying goes "if u can't beat'em join'em"....that one is going out to MR MILLS
4ThePlayerz Wrote:As the old saying goes "if u can't beat'em join'em"....that one is going out to MR MILLS

The whole landscape of that changes with no Hilton in my opinion. The kids in Bell County were better coached than most of the teams in Ky. This change will bring them down closer to the level of other EKY teams.

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:The whole landscape of that changes with no Hilton in my opinion. The kids in Bell County were better coached than most of the teams in Ky. This change will bring them down closer to the level of other EKY teams.

It would be uneducated for me to disagree with ur statement.......but we need a man that understands the system that dudley brought about.....that was my point...........
king360 Wrote:I don't know if Larkey would leave Harlan Co. or not. He's getting that nice big field here soon and has a promising team coming back, but if I was a coach and got offered the Bell job..you better beleive I'd jump at that oppurtunity.

I'd be running too.
Larkey could go DEEP in 5A next year though.
I think he could guarantee himself a State Title in 3A at Bell.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:It would be uneducated for me to disagree with ur statement.......but we need a man that understands the system that dudley brought about.....that was my point...........

It would not be uneducated to disagree with my opinion. As for the system, it is not very complicated. The preparation and personality is what will be hard to match.

zaga_fan Wrote:I'd be running too.

How would it be a guarantee? The kids in Bell are not different from the kids in Harlan Co.. The advantage they had was a Hall of Fame coach, and that advantage is gone. I am not saying anything bad about Bell Co. kids. Just saying the only advantage they had over other teams was a great coach, the kids are the same, the preparation is what made them great. He took Bourban Co. to a title, so he takes traditionally average teams and makes them good, and traditionally good teams and makes them great. That will be missed no matter who si the new hire.

zaga_fan Wrote:I'd be running too.

zaga just wants larkey to leave the district he is'nt going anywhere.he is very excited about this program.:champ:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:How would it be a guarantee? The kids in Bell are not different from the kids in Harlan Co.. The advantage they had was a Hall of Fame coach, and that advantage is gone. I am not saying anything bad about Bell Co. kids. Just saying the only advantage they had over other teams was a great coach, the kids are the same, the preparation is what made them great. He took Bourban Co. to a title, so he takes traditionally average teams and makes them good, and traditionally good teams and makes them great. That will be missed no matter who si the new hire.

I don't want to say anything bad about that coach, but he has had talent year in and year out at Bell. I have watch Bell since 84 and i love Hilton, But Bell will be fine with out him.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:As the old saying goes "if u can't beat'em join'em"....that one is going out to MR MILLS

We at KC have been showing MR MILLS a lot o TLC since all this has started. Not only the Alumni and supporters but also the Admin have been showing and letting him know how much he is loved. He is the most popular guy in KNOX this week. (lol) It did not take a lot for him to agree to stay. Just a supreme pizza from Oasis and a two liter of pepsi.(lol) I really wish that Hilton would have stayed. It would make next years win a lot sweeter. He is VERY SATISFIED WHERE HE IS. Also, I thought in Bell you could not be AD and a Head coach. As far as the list goes, you can take off Mr. Mills.
Jason chappell
Randy Fraizer
Kenny Roark
Fred Hoskins
All great coaches that could be good picks
PREACHER MAN Wrote:We at KC have been showing MR MILLS a lot o TLC since all this has started. Not only the Alumni and supporters but also the Admin have been showing and letting him know how much he is loved. He is the most popular guy in KNOX this week. (lol) It did not take a lot for him to agree to stay. Just a supreme pizza from Oasis and a two liter of pepsi.(lol) I really wish that Hilton would have stayed. It would make next years win a lot sweeter. He is VERY SATISFIED WHERE HE IS. Also, I thought in Bell you could not be AD and a Head coach. As far as the list goes, you can take off Mr. Mills.

So he has flat out said no to bell co.......is that what you are saying here?????
After talking with most of the people at Bell, I think that Roark can be taken off the list. By not playing them for the last several years and other things, to much bad blood there to go that route.
4ThePlayerz Wrote:So he has flat out said no to bell co.......is that what you are saying here?????

Lets just say if he leaves KNOX I will eat a football piece by piece with a little salt and pepper.
PREACHER MAN Wrote:Lets just say if he leaves KNOX I will eat a football piece by piece with a little salt and pepper.

So just by you saying you will eat a football makes it official........When he dons the blue and white hat i want to see you get to chewing......
4ThePlayerz Wrote:So just by you saying you will eat a football makes it official........When he dons the blue and white hat i want to see you get to chewing......

IF he dons the blue and white hat I will let you cut up the sizes that i will have to eat. (lol)
I don't think Larkey will leave Harlan Co. First of all, Bell County can't pay Larkey what Harlan Co. pays him. Also, playing in 5A just got a lot easier, and Harlan Co. will have a good team for some time.

On the other hand, Larkey would probably be win the regional title every year in 3A. If he beat Central in the semi-finals, he will win the state championship.

I don't know what I would do in this situation if I was Larkey. It's really a win-win.
LivingTheDream Wrote:I don't think Larkey will leave Harlan Co. First of all, Bell County can't pay Larkey what Harlan Co. pays him. Also, playing in 5A just got a lot easier, and Harlan Co. will have a good team for some time.

On the other hand, Larkey would probably be in the state title game his first year at Bell Co., since the Bobcats are making the move to 3A. If he could pull the upset on a very good Louisville Central team, then he would have his first ring.

I don't know what I would do in this situation if I was Larkey. It's really a win-win.

I don't understand why everyone thinks it is going to be such an easy walk through 3A. You must not have been at Bowling Green last week. Central is very good. They return most everyone. Paducah Tilman awaits the winner of that game. It would be hard enough to follow Hilton much less follow him in that lion's den.
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next