•  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Coach at Bell County?
What about David Hensley heard he wanted to come back to the mountains. He has a great winning record, I know he wanted the Black bear job before. It would be a great job for him and he could get back home. And he his kinda young also! I think Chappel is a very good OF Cor, but not a very good head coach. Some of these names I just can't see coaching at Bell. I would think Bell would want a proven winner and not someone that has been flying on a coat tail or middle school. Think of the last time he left, when Greer was named coach it didn't last very long or go very good. I think you will see a big name coach come to Bell. I think they start off with Mills and go from there!!!!!
I new that would stir you guys:biggrin: I'm waiting to be bashed by my Knox peeps next:ChairHit: I don't have a dog in the fight so I won't make any more of them comments. I just like the good rivalry these three schools have and hope they continue. TongueirateSho
Should be Mills.
Any chance Bell courts Somerset's Lucas???
HugyBear Wrote:What about David Hensley heard he wanted to come back to the mountains. He has a great winning record, I know he wanted the Black bear job before. It would be a great job for him and he could get back home. And he his kinda young also! I think Chappel is a very good OF Cor, but not a very good head coach. Some of these names I just can't see coaching at Bell. I would think Bell would want a proven winner and not someone that has been flying on a coat tail or middle school. Think of the last time he left, when Greer was named coach it didn't last very long or go very good. I think you will see a big name coach come to Bell. I think they start off with Mills and go from there!!!!!

If Bell is interested in David Hensley I'll not go to another game on the Mountain. That would be one of the most foolish hires ever. What in the world has he done to prove anything. It's not personal, it's thinking logically.
Agreed. That wouldn't fit Bell.
easyM Wrote:If Bell is interested in David Hensley I'll not go to another game on the Mountain. That would be one of the most foolish hires ever. What in the world has he done to prove anything. It's not personal, it's thinking logically.

:Thumbs: That won't happen.
I think that we can take K.Roark and D. Hensley off the wish list. People from Bell will not even consider it.
Not a chance for Hensley, Hulk has a better chance than Hensley. I think that is the man name that runs the place up at Bell.
WhyLie Wrote:Sorry I left one out. And another:

Elam
Robbins
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcomb
Greer
Crawford
Chappell
Russell
Chaney

Updated 12-9-10
Can't take a name off because home town fans don't want thier coach to leave.
Word is that the Admin wants a new face and a young Coach,so they can and will stay around for a while,money will be good,football Mecca so who would you pick that meets this!!Just a few that meets this and i think there are a few but them leaving will be a hard thing but Bell Co. is a good safe sell for anyone Coaching.....
Not only is the Facilities pretty good at KC, the support base is getting stronger every day. KC treats Coach MIlls pretty well and will be treated better in the future. He was born and raised in KNOX, played FB at KNOX, went to UC, and then got hired on at Bell ( I think I have my Facts straight). His main focus is on the kids and not fame or money. KC is HIS Legacy. When all this stuff about HIlton leaving started Mills told me personally and some of the kids at the Boyle game that he was not going anywhere. I believe that Coach Mills heat bleeds blue and gold not blue and white
PREACHER MAN Wrote:Not only is the Facilities pretty good at KC, the support base is getting stronger every day. KC treats Coach MIlls pretty well and will be treated better in the future. He was born and raised in KNOX, played FB at KNOX, went to UC, and then got hired on at Bell ( I think I have my Facts straight). His main focus is on the kids and not fame or money. KC is HIS Legacy. When all this stuff about HIlton leaving started Mills told me personally and some of the kids at the Boyle game that he was not going anywhere. I believe that Coach Mills heat bleeds blue and gold not blue and white

:Thumbs:
Shawn Hager!

Hager
Elam
Robbins
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxout
Matney
Holcomb
Greer
Crawford

Good addition!
meat loaf Wrote:I heard this morning Larkey will be interved next week.

Might as well throw Johnny Hines name out there too meat loaf. Would the Bell faithful let him wear his cute hats on log mountain?
DH was seen at Pulaski Co. last year during the region basketball tournament.
I talked to coach larkey last night at the hc basketball game. he told me the only blue and white he would be wearing ever would be kentucky's mark him off now!!!! lol
[quote=Mama Bear]Might as well throw Johnny Hines name out there too meat loaf. Would the Bell faithful let him wear his cute hats on log mountain?[/Q

LOL!!!:lmao: those are his trade mark mamma only in pulaski county we he get away with that.
Mark Dixon of Hazard....... one of the best young coaches in the mts.
Just remember when a coach says he wouldn't leave sometimes is a lie. Petrino at Louisville and Pitino at Kentucky. Both said that as well.

Hagar
Elam
Robbins
Mills
Hoskins
Woolum
Rains
Cobb
Frazier
Larkey Sr.
Roarkxxxxxxxxout
Hensleyxxxxxxout
Matney
Holcomb
Greerxxxxxxxxxout
Crawford
Chappell
Russell
Chaney

One more out....
Greer has other plans.

Hines will have to have more local vocal interest before he can get put on the list.
Wayne Mills would be my pick.. If he would leave KC....
Ive heard they are after larkey and mills whether thats correct we will never know unless one of them takes the job. I personally hope mills stays at Knox he is turning it from basketball town to a football town
Whoever gets the job will be in a difficult position IMO. If they lose, they get thrown to the wolves because they will be compared to one of the great coaches in Ky. Football history.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

WhyLie,
We need to know what it takes to get on the list and what to get Xed off. You are going to have to lay some ground rules here.
Xerxes Wrote:WhyLie,
We need to know what it takes to get on the list and what to get Xed off. You are going to have to lay some ground rules here.

Very true. Maybe he is in charge of hiring?
Give it to hunk lol
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Whoever gets the job will be in a difficult position IMO. If they lose, they get thrown to the wolves because they will be compared to one of the great coaches in Ky. Football history.

From a different angle, it could be tough even if they don't lose early on. If they win early on, it will be with Dudley's players and because Bell always wins. Kind of like the early Tubby Smith days in my opinion. Haters and doubters will be waiting in the wings to pounce on the first season that is not up to Bell's standards, and then they'll let the guy have it. They'll tell the guy that he only won with players from the old system, things like that. I hope that doesn't happen but that seems to be the nature of the beast. It is really a no win situation for whomever takes this monumental task on. It will be very hard to replace a man that NO ONE has ever surpassed in wins, almost impossible.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Very true. Maybe he is in charge of hiring?

If I were in charge of hiring I would at least give you or amped88 first dibbs on the job:biggrin:
  •  Previous
  • 3(current)
  • Next