Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - (10) Kentucky 73
fair enough:Thumbs:
Yeah, you guys are right, the officiating was incredible. Best officials I've seen in years.

[Image: http://tinyurl.com/2dx2rof]
That is with around 4 minutes to go when Liggins drew a charge that was not called, Henson was standing out of bounds when he tapped it back into Zeller, then Jones ends up with his 4th personal foul; all on this one play. Look at the score. Instead of it being UK's ball with either the charge call or the out of bounds call and a chance to go up by 4, Jones ends up with his 4th foul and Zeller hits 2 FT's to tie the game up. What did we lose by again? Oh yeah, 2 points.

Those of you who say the officials didn't play a part in this loss are crack smokers.
BCF4L Wrote:That is with around 4 minutes to go when Liggins drew a charge that was not called, Henson was standing out of bounds when he tapped it back into Zeller, then Jones ends up with his 4th personal foul; all on this one play. Look at the score. Instead of it being UK's ball with either the charge call or the out of bounds call and a chance to go up by 4, Jones ends up with his 4th foul and Zeller hits 2 FT's to tie the game up. What did we lose by again? Oh yeah, 2 points.

Those of you who say the officials didn't play a part in this loss are crack smokers.

:notworthy
MSU Eagle Wrote:You can't seriously blame the refs for this one??? I am a die hard UK fan, but sometimes you all make me sick. Kentucky played like crap, plain and simple, and still had a chance to win. Our defense was laughable, especially in transition.

I'm not saying we played well but we played well enough to beat UNC. But when you have calls that change the game and take our best off the floor then don't ignore what is going on. When Clark Kellogg, a known UK hater, is questioning calls made by the officials, that is enough for me. I don't blame all of our losses on the refs, the WV game last year we absolutely stunk it up and beat ourselves by continuing to shoot 3's...UK lost that game on their own.
The refs influenced the outcome of this game, NO doubt.
BCF4L Wrote:Yeah, you guys are right, the officiating was incredible. Best officials I've seen in years.

[Image: http://tinyurl.com/2dx2rof]

Exactly what I'm talking about....
What is the series record between these two teams
Great game by zellar and the heels. Complain about the refs if u want. THe fouls were nearly even! yes Uk had 3 players foul out, but UNC plays more players than UK does. Just because UK plays less players the refs cant help them out. I wasw so shocked zellar made all teh free thrrows
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
X's and O's Wrote:Exactly what I'm talking about....

the bad calls were pretty well evened up I think. A few bad calls for both sides. That there was a bad no call lol... but would it really changed the game?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Stardust Wrote:What is the series record between these two teams

I heard them say on the radio before the game it was like 23 to 11 in favor of UNC.

BTW love your avatar and sig......priceless
Whether you guys want to make excuses or not, bottomline is UK never should have put themselves in position to lose. A bad unranked UNC team capitalized.
stardust Wrote:what is the series record between these two teams

23-11 unc
Aslan Wrote:Whether you guys want to make excuses or not, bottomline is UK never should have put themselves in position to lose. A bad unranked UNC team capitalized.

UK should have been ahead the whole game.

Bad calls or not....
if not for UNC's turnovers and Doron Lamb(go figure) they would have gotten embarassed.

They'll get it together sooner or later.

TJ played awful and Knight isn't doing well at setting his teammates up right now.

A lot to work on....
but way more b-ball to be played.
Aslan Wrote:Whether you guys want to make excuses or not, bottomline is UK never should have put themselves in position to lose. A bad unranked UNC team capitalized.

You are 100% right!!!! I think both teams are gonna struggle this year, unc has no outside shooting whatsoever, and their guard play stinks......UK is in bad need for a good big man , unless Kantor is allowed to play look for tough year probably 25 to 27 wins, give or take a couple either way......and that's a bad year by UK fan standards, but I think Cal will pull it all together!!!!!!!!
LCC FAN Wrote:You are 100% right!!!! I think both teams are gonna struggle this year, unc has no outside shooting whatsoever, and their guard play stinks......UK is in bad need for a good big man , unless Kantor is allowed to play look for tough year probably 25 to 27 wins, give or take a couple either way......and that's a bad year by UK fan standards, but I think Cal will pull it all together!!!!!!!!
25 to 27 wins is a good season. It does not matter what standards your fan base has. UK only plays 30 games before conference tournament.
BCF4L Wrote:That is with around 4 minutes to go when Liggins drew a charge that was not called, Henson was standing out of bounds when he tapped it back into Zeller, then Jones ends up with his 4th personal foul; all on this one play. Look at the score. Instead of it being UK's ball with either the charge call or the out of bounds call and a chance to go up by 4, Jones ends up with his 4th foul and Zeller hits 2 FT's to tie the game up. What did we lose by again? Oh yeah, 2 points.

Those of you who think the officials are the reason UK lost are crack smokers
LCC FAN Wrote:You are 100% right!!!! I think both teams are gonna struggle this year, unc has no outside shooting whatsoever, and their guard play stinks......UK is in bad need for a good big man , unless Kantor is allowed to play look for tough year probably 25 to 27 wins, give or take a couple either way......and that's a bad year by UK fan standards, but I think Cal will pull it all together!!!!!!!!

WHAT! :yikes: Sorry, I'm a UK fan, and I won't be disappointed with 25 wins! :igiveup:
zaga_fan Wrote:UK should have been ahead the whole game.

Bad calls or not....
if not for UNC's turnovers and Doron Lamb(go figure) they would have gotten embarassed.

TJ played awful and Knight isn't doing well at setting his teammates up right now.

A lot to work on....

MSU Eagle Wrote:Those of you who think the officials are the reason UK lost are crack smokers

I agree with both of these. UK lost because of the poor execution of both Jones and Knight. Jones shot horribly yesterday, and Knight has been struggling to find any consistency. If Jones scores, UK wins! If Knight has more than 4 assists, UK Wins!

Jones played 28 minutes, just under his season average! He shot 3-17! Him fouling out didn't kill the Cats. Zeller scored 27 points - 11 of them from FT's, 8 of the FT's from fouls by Harrelson & Vargas!

Sorry, Cats are a better team than what they put on the court yesterday. Refs didn't help, but without Lamb stepping up, yesterday would have been EMBARASSING!

UNC sucks, Refs suck - But UK lost on their own accord!
MSU Eagle Wrote:Those of you who think the officials are the reason UK lost are crack smokers
Did I say that was the sole reason UK lost? No, I said it played a part of it. If you watched that game, you knew that the refs played a part of it. 2 no calls in one possession, which is what occurred in the picture I posted above. That's not counting the charge that was called on Knight when Zeller was clearly moving (and all 3 of these cases were brought up by Clark Kellogg). Those plays may not have caused UK to lose the game, but it gave both Jones and Knight a foul they did not earn, and what a coincidence, neither were in the game on the last possession when UK had a chance to tie the game.
BCF4L Wrote:Did I say that was the sole reason UK lost? No, I said it played a part of it. If you watched that game, you knew that the refs played a part of it. 2 no calls in one possession, which is what occurred in the picture I posted above. That's not counting the charge that was called on Knight when Zeller was clearly moving (and all 3 of these cases were brought up by Clark Kellogg). Those plays may not have caused UK to lose the game, but it gave both Jones and Knight a foul they did not earn, and what a coincidence, neither were in the game on the last possession when UK had a chance to tie the game.

100% Correct. No matter how you look at it.
Aslan Wrote:What's JH and Vargas being asked to do? Not much. Rebound, defend, and do the little things.
Did they do any of those today? Absolutely not.
I'll criticize them the entire year unless Enes gets freed.
College athletes should be used to critcism by now.
If ya don't like my correct view on things, you don't have to read my posts Smile

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Yes, they are important because they are the only two big men we have, but, going by the way there playing, offensively, there useless in the fact that they are not productive at all.

I am going strictly by there productiveness, nothing else.

That's it. I'm tired of all this complaining about Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas. You guys want to kick them off the team? Let's just take their scholarships and kick them onto the streets. And then we'll have the power forward Terrence Jones and see if he can outstrengthen other centers. And I'd love to see who the backup center is, LOL!!! I can't wait to watch how that matchup ends up, LOL!!!! So keep on bashing Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas like you're doing. And I honestly hope they leave this team so that we can find out how important they really are to this team.

Do you guys even know that you're throwing mud not on basketball players, but on real people? And you think it's right to say what you're saying? I'm sorry that I'm upset about this, but you guys are doing exactly what they did to Tubby Smith. They continuously bashed him because he didn't "produce". Mr. Vitale even asked the Kentucky fan base to stop criticizing Tubby Smith, continuously stating that Coach Tubby Smith was a nice, humble guy and a great coach. But we didn't listen. Mr. Vitale even said that firing Tubby Smith would end this great program! And thankfully he was wrong, because Kentucky got lucky with finding Coach Calipari (My respects to the other coaches being considered for the Kentucky job, but they wouldn't last for three years in Kentucky. If you don't believe me, see Coach Billy Gillispie.). And now, Tubby Smith is in Minnesota being very successful. What happened to Coach Tubby Smith is happening now to Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, and it's plainly disrespectful. Give these two guys some space like we should've for Tubby Smith!!
You have to be ready to play at least 10 points better that UNC to have a shot to win in Chapel Hill.

Everyone knew that going into this game.

but UK didn't play well enough to win the game, and that's why they lost.

Also....

UNC had a big guy that is 33% from the FT stripe.

That is disgraceful on his part....
no one who has played enough basketball to make it to UNC should be THAT bad at free throws lol
Deathstar 80 Wrote:That's it. I'm tired of all this complaining about Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas. You guys want to kick them off the team? Let's just take their scholarships and kick them onto the streets. And then we'll have the power forward Terrence Jones and see if he can outstrengthen other centers. And I'd love to see who the backup center is, LOL!!! I can't wait to watch how that matchup ends up, LOL!!!! So keep on bashing Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas like you're doing. And I honestly hope they leave this team so that we can find out how important they really are to this team.

Do you guys even know that you're throwing mud not on basketball players, but on real people? And you think it's right to say what you're saying? I'm sorry that I'm upset about this, but you guys are doing exactly what they did to Tubby Smith. They continuously bashed him because he didn't "produce". Mr. Vitale even asked the Kentucky fan base to stop criticizing Tubby Smith, continuously stating that Coach Tubby Smith was a nice, humble guy and a great coach. But we didn't listen. Mr. Vitale even said that firing Tubby Smith would end this great program! And thankfully he was wrong, because Kentucky got lucky with finding Coach Calipari (My respects to the other coaches being considered for the Kentucky job, but they wouldn't last for three years in Kentucky. If you don't believe me, see Coach Billy Gillispie.). And now, Tubby Smith is in Minnesota being very successful. What happened to Coach Tubby Smith is happening now to Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, and it's plainly disrespectful. Give these two guys some space like we should've for Tubby Smith!!

Good Post.:Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:UK should have been ahead the whole game.

Bad calls or not....

A lot to work on....

Another good post by Zaga, I agree.
What did Cal see that he did not like the play of Jones.

I did not get to see the game live yesterday, so just started watching the game on DVR. At the 18:34 mark, Jones was yanked out of the game and replaced by Doran Lamb. There was something obvious that was to Calipari's disliking, and whatever it was proved relevant the rest of the game as Jones played poorly. See for yourself, but Cal was not very happy with Jones.
Dont get down UK! We will get it rolling as soon as Kanter is eligible!
Deathstar 80 Wrote:That's it. I'm tired of all this complaining about Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas. You guys want to kick them off the team? Let's just take their scholarships and kick them onto the streets. And then we'll have the power forward Terrence Jones and see if he can outstrengthen other centers. And I'd love to see who the backup center is, LOL!!! I can't wait to watch how that matchup ends up, LOL!!!! So keep on bashing Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas like you're doing. And I honestly hope they leave this team so that we can find out how important they really are to this team.

Do you guys even know that you're throwing mud not on basketball players, but on [B]real people
? [/B]And you think it's right to say what you're saying? I'm sorry that I'm upset about this, but you guys are doing exactly what they did to Tubby Smith. They continuously bashed him because he didn't "produce". Mr. Vitale even asked the Kentucky fan base to stop criticizing Tubby Smith, continuously stating that Coach Tubby Smith was a nice, humble guy and a great coach. But we didn't listen. Mr. Vitale even said that firing Tubby Smith would end this great program! And thankfully he was wrong, because Kentucky got lucky with finding Coach Calipari (My respects to the other coaches being considered for the Kentucky job, but they wouldn't last for three years in Kentucky. If you don't believe me, see Coach Billy Gillispie.). And now, Tubby Smith is in Minnesota being very successful. What happened to Coach Tubby Smith is happening now to Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, and it's plainly disrespectful. Give these two guys some space like we should've for Tubby Smith!!

That would be a good start.

We dont have a center now, just a slow guy who is awful and a small forward that doesnt play well at all who thinks hes a center.

Give me a break, real people? You have got to be kidding me. This is why this site was created, to criticize and applaud different sports teams a thing to do with sports, you make it seem like im going to hurt there feelings:Sad04:

And now i know your crazy because you are a Tubby fan, that explains a lot...
Stardust Wrote:What did Cal see that he did not like the play of Jones.

I did not get to see the game live yesterday, so just started watching the game on DVR. At the 18:34 mark, Jones was yanked out of the game and replaced by Doran Lamb. There was something obvious that was to Calipari's disliking, and whatever it was proved relevant the rest of the game as Jones played poorly. See for yourself, but Cal was not very happy with Jones.

He looked a little nervous to me, but that could've just been me. Was Terrence Jones in foul trouble during that time?
WE got beat but the fouls was one sided
Wildcat4Life! Wrote:Dont get down UK! We will get it rolling as soon as Kanter is eligible!

If he don't get eligible we are F*****!!!!