Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - (10) Kentucky 73
Just about impossible to win a close game when your 3 biggest players foul out!!:HitWall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Josh Harrellson 21 minutes, 7 rebounds, 4 points
Eloy Vargas 9 minutes, 2 rebounds, 0 points

Tyler Zeller 30 minutes, 11 rebounds, 27 points
John Henson 31 minutes, 12 rebounds, 13 points

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=303380153
Does that not explain it all?

Are two big men couldnt even come close to Zeller by hisself

They didn't even come close to Henson!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:We wouldnt lose any more games without them then with them.

It's a junior and senior who split time, how are they being asked to do to much, maybe the freshman are but not these two.

If Kanter was playing it would help a lot. Im not sure it would automatically make us a top team though. Theres a lot more issues than the playing. We dont look like a team.

And like I said, as SD has, NC is terrible. They are extremely bad and the fact we couldnt pull this one out makes us look silly even with a bunch of freshman, they were the best freshman and we still should be playing better.

If we play like that for the rest of the season its gonna look like this-:flush:

But Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are being asked to do a lot. They both have to be the center, and Eloy Vargas has to also be a power forward. And keep in mind that only those two players can be the center on the team. There's no one else to go to if they're injured, have multiple fouls, or having a bad game. Just wondering, if Kentucky is having a tough time with rebounding already, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? If Kentucky is already having a tough time stopping opposing centers from scoring, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? It doesn't get any easier getting rid of Josh Harrellson or Eloy Vargas. You can be sure of that. As Blackcat Alum and Westside mentioned earlier, Josh Harrellson might not be a "go to" player, but he is a role player. The same thing is for Eloy Vargas.

And I made a post earlier asking Kentucky fans why they're criticizing Kentucky players. If you don't mind, please reply to that post.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:But Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are being asked to do a lot. They both have to be the center, and Eloy Vargas has to also be a power forward. And keep in mind that only those two players can be the center on the team. There's no one else to go to if they're injured, have multiple fouls, or having a bad game. Just wondering, if Kentucky is having a tough time with rebounding already, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? If Kentucky is already having a tough time stopping opposing centers from scoring, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? It doesn't get any easier getting rid of Josh Harrellson or Eloy Vargas. You can be sure of that. As Blackcat Alum and Westside mentioned earlier, Josh Harrellson might not be a "go to" player, but he is a role player. The same thing is for Eloy Vargas.

And I made a post earlier asking Kentucky fans why they're criticizing Kentucky players. If you don't mind, please reply to that post.

My point is they cant stop centers so it cant get any worse. They cant rebound so it cant get any worse. Look at the stats from today!
How much more proof do you need? These guys are a waste a air. They do absolutely nothing to contribute to this team.

How are some of you saying these two are role players? Thats just baffles me, is it because they set screens on occasion or something? They dont rebound, Vargas dont rebound period. They dont score at all. They dont get any assist, steals, or blocks so how in the world are you all calling these guys role players?

I am a UK fan criticizing UK players because I call it like I see it. I dont whine about refs or say good job when they suck it up. I will also never defend a player that is obviously bad, like Harrellson and Vargas, just because he plays for the team that i root for. Some of you say after every game that JH or Vargas played well or thats what their there to do. It's not why their there. They are they to be productive and today i let the stats speak for my argument, and clearly these two shouldnt be playing the game of basketball.

Some are treating Harrellson like they did Hartline this year after i told everyone and some agreed with me that Hartline never should have started and Mossokowski or Newton would have now had a full year of experience under their belt. The football team went 500 and if it wasnt for weak SEC basketball competition, we might be close to that in basketball as well.

I also understand you have to play these guys because there the only two big men we have, we have no choice. Im just saying how bad their playing.
^ Well i have found that it is really easy to route for a team thats winning. But a true kentucky fan routes for his team when there loosing. You just don't fit that description.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ Well i have found that it is really easy to route for a team thats winning. But a true kentucky fan routes for his team when there loosing. You just don't fit that description.

Who said i wasnt rooting for UK? I was hollering for them all day while the game was on.
Just because im honest, and obviously right on this topic, people tend to get mad. As i said im honest, no matter who it is. Call it what you want but but everything im saying is true. It does not mean im not a fan or hating on uk.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:But Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are being asked to do a lot. They both have to be the center, and Eloy Vargas has to also be a power forward. And keep in mind that only those two players can be the center on the team. There's no one else to go to if they're injured, have multiple fouls, or having a bad game. Just wondering, if Kentucky is having a tough time with rebounding already, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? If Kentucky is already having a tough time stopping opposing centers from scoring, then how much more difficult will it be without your only two centers? It doesn't get any easier getting rid of Josh Harrellson or Eloy Vargas. You can be sure of that. As Blackcat Alum and Westside mentioned earlier, Josh Harrellson might not be a "go to" player, but he is a role player. The same thing is for Eloy Vargas.

Are you suggesting that if you are not a fan, you can't criticize? That's not realistic nor is it even appropriate!

I'm an american and I love this country. If does not mean that I have to agree with or even like the politicians that run the United States of America and if I criticize them, I can still be considered an american.

I love my family more than life itself, but to think that I will not criticize them for things is acceptable, and it does not mean that I am no longer in the family.

I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan and will be for the rest of my life. I love the ugly orange and black stripes - and even though orange and black is not my favorite color, I am allowed to still love and be a FAN of the team.

As for UK, I can be a UK fan and still dislike the coach! I can call into question when the players are not playing well. I can disagree with with what direction of the university is going and still be a fan. I just don't get this stuff that people put into their heads to say that you can only be a fan if you have zero positive to say.

Can we criticize the UK players? ABSOLUTELY! They are MEN! Not high school underage children! These men have been given an opportunity that you and I neither one were given! They were GIVEN a $100,000 a year job, something that very few of the fans on the Wildcats were ever given. These men are privileged, who live in private housing, better housing than you and l live in. Sorry, I don't buy that these men, no matter their age, cannot be called to task when they do not perform at the level that is expected of them to perform.

Deathstar 80, I'm not saying that's what you meant by your comment, but if it is, then I completely disagree with you and will call you out on it. If I call you out on it, it does not mean that you and I still can't be friends who just disagree with each other and we can both be members and post on BGR!
Wildcatk23 Wrote:^ Well i have found that it is really easy to route for a team thats winning. But a true kentucky fan routes for his team when there loosing. You just don't fit that description.

You don't have to root for something you don't like, and you can still be a fan of the product but you don't have to be satisfied with it! Sorry, I don't agree with that at all. If you don't like, then don't pretend that it's OK.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Who said i wasnt rooting for UK? I was hollering for them all day while the game was on.
Just because im honest, and obviously right on this topic, people tend to get mad. As i said im honest, no matter who it is. Call it what you want but but everything im saying is true. It does not mean im not a fan or hating on uk.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your perception, nothing! You don't have to agree or like the product that you see! You have been dead-on and more real about the way ALL fans really are!
It's still early people. The Cats will be fine. GO BIG BLUE!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
too many big men cats, and the refs gave the game to the tar heels. walker beat the cats against ucoon but the refs beat them this time
Stardust Wrote:You don't have to root for something you don't like, and you can still be a fan of the product but you don't have to be satisfied with it! Sorry, I don't agree with that at all. If you don't like, then don't pretend that it's OK.

Saying that we suck and saying the rest of the season is going to be bad and if the SEC wasnt so bad we would be a 500 team. Is not a fan.
This team reminds me a little of the '93-'94 UK team that lost Rodney Dent early in the season and played the whole year without a legit big man, and still went 27-7 and getting knocked out by Marquette in the second round of the tourney..expectations for that team were high because of the final four run from the year before, and when they lost Dent, they had to will theirselves to win..this team will have to suck it up and do that. Granted, Rick Pitino was, and still is a better coach than Calipari, so I dont think this team will have that kind of success, but we'll see..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Runitupthegut, I agree with you 100%, no need to beat around the bush.....call it like ya see it!!!!!!!!!!!!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My point is they cant stop centers so it cant get any worse. They cant rebound so it cant get any worse. Look at the stats from today!
How much more proof do you need? These guys are a waste a air. They do absolutely nothing to contribute to this team.

How are some of you saying these two are role players? Thats just baffles me, is it because they set screens on occasion or something? They dont rebound, Vargas dont rebound period. They dont score at all. They dont get any assist, steals, or blocks so how in the world are you all calling these guys role players?

I am a UK fan criticizing UK players because I call it like I see it. I dont whine about refs or say good job when they suck it up. I will also never defend a player that is obviously bad, like Harrellson and Vargas, just because he plays for the team that i root for. Some of you say after every game that JH or Vargas played well or thats what their there to do. It's not why their there. They are they to be productive and today i let the stats speak for my argument, and clearly these two shouldnt be playing the game of basketball.

Some are treating Harrellson like they did Hartline this year after i told everyone and some agreed with me that Hartline never should have started and Mossokowski or Newton would have now had a full year of experience under their belt. The football team went 500 and if it wasnt for weak SEC basketball competition, we might be close to that in basketball as well.

I also understand you have to play these guys because there the only two big men we have, we have no choice. Im just saying how bad their playing.

Would you agree with me in that they're important for Kentucky because they they're the only centers Kentucky has?

Stardust Wrote:Are you suggesting that if you are not a fan, you can't criticize? That's not realistic nor is it even appropriate!

I'm an american and I love this country. If does not mean that I have to agree with or even like the politicians that run the United States of America and if I criticize them, I can still be considered an american.

I love my family more than life itself, but to think that I will not criticize them for things is acceptable, and it does not mean that I am no longer in the family.

I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan and will be for the rest of my life. I love the ugly orange and black stripes - and even though orange and black is not my favorite color, I am allowed to still love and be a FAN of the team.

As for UK, I can be a UK fan and still dislike the coach! I can call into question when the players are not playing well. I can disagree with with what direction of the university is going and still be a fan. I just don't get this stuff that people put into their heads to say that you can only be a fan if you have zero positive to say.

Can we criticize the UK players? ABSOLUTELY! They are MEN! Not high school underage children! These men have been given an opportunity that you and I neither one were given! They were GIVEN a $100,000 a year job, something that very few of the fans on the Wildcats were ever given. These men are privileged, who live in private housing, better housing than you and l live in. Sorry, I don't buy that these men, no matter their age, cannot be called to task when they do not perform at the level that is expected of them to perform.

I definitely understand what you're saying about criticizing our country and even family. Those two things are very important to us. Our country always has the potential to fail and our family always has the potential to fall apart, and we are willing to criticize our country or family in order for everything to stay together. However, criticizing a basketball player based on their stats is in a completely different category. Just because a player isn't getting 10 rebounds per game doesn't give you the right to personally insult them. You were once a coach, weren't you Stardust? Have you ever had a player that worked hard, was obedient, but wasn't very good at the sport? How did you react to those who criticized that individual and you saw that individual under pressure? You probably didn't like those people criticizing your player. It's exactly the same for Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas.

The reason why I said that we can't criticize the University of Kentucky's basketball team is because there's nothing to criticize. If you say that they're not working hard enough, don't worry about criticizing them. Coach Calipari's job is determined on whether or not they work hard, and therefore he will[B] make sure they work hard, for the sake of his job. If they already work hard, then what is there to complain about? Not enough talent? Not enough production? Nothing can change these two things. You can criticize these players all you want. Nothing good will happen. If anything, they'll become stressed out because of all the critics. And if something here isn't true, please point it out. But if you can't point anything out, then why are you guys criticizing the Kentucky players?

Stardust Wrote:Deathstar 80, I'm not saying that's what you meant by your comment, but if it is, then I completely disagree with you and will call you out on it. [B]If I call you out on it, it does not mean that you and I still can't be friends who just disagree with each other and we can both be members and post on BGR!

No, it's fine Stardust. Don't worry about anything like that. Smile
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Josh Harrellson 21 minutes, 7 rebounds, 4 points
Eloy Vargas 9 minutes, 2 rebounds, 0 points

Tyler Zeller 30 minutes, 11 rebounds, 27 points
John Henson 31 minutes, 12 rebounds, 13 points

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=303380153
Does that not explain it all?

Are two big men couldnt even come close to Zeller by hisself

It's hard to put up stats when you are on the bench and it easy to put up stats when you know you can pretty much do what you want and you won't foul out. If the charges are called correctly Kentucky still wins the game.
The refs do influence more games than we would like to admit....IMO!
I would probably smack UK for losing to a lousy UNC team, but I cannot when my boys blew a 13 point lead with 12 minutes to go at Miami. Huggy did not mence words. "They are going to do it my way NOT their way."
X's and O's Wrote:It's hard to put up stats when you are on the bench and it easy to put up stats when you know you can pretty much do what you want and you won't foul out. If the charges are called correctly Kentucky still wins the game.

Yep. Agreed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:My point is they cant stop centers so it cant get any worse. They cant rebound so it cant get any worse. Look at the stats from today!

What's JH and Vargas being asked to do? Not much. Rebound, defend, and do the little things.
Did they do any of those today? Absolutely not.
I'll criticize them the entire year unless Enes gets freed.
College athletes should be used to critcism by now.
If ya don't like my correct view on things, you don't have to read my posts Smile
Stardust Wrote:Are you suggesting that if you are not a fan, you can't criticize? That's not realistic nor is it even appropriate!

Deathstar 80, I'm not saying that's what you meant by your comment, but if it is, then I completely disagree with you and will call you out on it. If I call you out on it, it does not mean that you and I still can't be friends who just disagree with each other and we can both be members and post on BGR!

You are so wise.
Lack of experience and lack of a good big man lost this one.

I hold my breath every time Liggins gets the ball. Half the time he drives into a blocked shot or charging call!! So stupid!
X's and O's Wrote:It's hard to put up stats when you are on the bench and it easy to put up stats when you know you can pretty much do what you want and you won't foul out. If the charges are called correctly Kentucky still wins the game.

You can't seriously blame the refs for this one??? I am a die hard UK fan, but sometimes you all make me sick. Kentucky played like crap, plain and simple, and still had a chance to win. Our defense was laughable, especially in transition.
^ Correct. Defense and rebounding was down the drain today. They had so many tip-slams and uncontested drives to the basket it made me sick.
I don't want to beat a dead horse here either but I don't like the refs...in any sport. I think they disgrace every game at every level. It is almost like they try to change every game to match how they feel or something. I don't know.
But the Cats lost this one today, plain and simple.
Listen we lost I know. There are several reasons for why we lost. But one thing I do know is that UNC did not make a field goal with 6 mins left in the game. They were down when they last made a FG and for the next 6 mins they took the lead and won the game shooting free throws. So you can look at that anyways you want but thats how the game ended and UK lost.
MSU Eagle Wrote:You can't seriously blame the refs for this one??? I am a die hard UK fan, but sometimes you all make me sick. Kentucky played like crap, plain and simple, and still had a chance to win. Our defense was laughable, especially in transition.

:Thumbs:
Everytime UK loses a good portion of the fanbase turns the blame to the officials and if you don't look at it that way your not a "true fan".
Stardust Wrote:There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your perception, nothing! You don't have to agree or like the product that you see! You have been dead-on and more real about the way ALL fans really are!

Wildcatk23 Wrote:Saying that we suck and saying the rest of the season is going to be bad and if the SEC wasnt so bad we would be a 500 team. Is not a fan.

Not true, i am a fan and hope we dont lose another game, but its not going to happen.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Would you agree with me in that they're important for Kentucky because they they're the only centers Kentucky has?

I definitely understand what you're saying about criticizing our country and even family. Those two things are very important to us. Our country always has the potential to fail and our family always has the potential to fall apart, and we are willing to criticize our country or family in order for everything to stay together. However, criticizing a basketball player based on their stats is in a completely different category. Just because a player isn't getting 10 rebounds per game doesn't give you the right to personally insult them. You were once a coach, weren't you Stardust? Have you ever had a player that worked hard, was obedient, but wasn't very good at the sport? How did you react to those who criticized that individual and you saw that individual under pressure? You probably didn't like those people criticizing your player. It's exactly the same for Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas.

The reason why I said that we can't criticize the University of Kentucky's basketball team is because there's nothing to criticize. If you say that they're not working hard enough, don't worry about criticizing them. Coach Calipari's job is determined on whether or not they work hard, and therefore he [B]will[B] make sure they work hard, for the sake of his job. If they already work hard, then what is there to complain about? Not enough talent? Not enough production? Nothing can change these two things. You can criticize these players all you want. Nothing good will happen. If anything, they'll become stressed out because of all the critics. And if something here isn't true, please point it out. But if you can't point anything out, then why are you guys criticizing the Kentucky players?

No, it's fine Stardust. Don't worry about anything like that. Smile

Yes, they are important because they are the only two big men we have, but, going by the way there playing, offensively, there useless in the fact that they are not productive at all.

I am going strictly by there productiveness, nothing else.
MSU Eagle Wrote:You can't seriously blame the refs for this one??? I am a die hard UK fan, but sometimes you all make me sick. Kentucky played like crap, plain and simple, and still had a chance to win. Our defense was laughable, especially in transition.

dont go there though, ive been saying this all day and its still hard for some to understand:biggrin:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Saying that we suck and saying the rest of the season is going to be bad and if the SEC wasnt so bad we would be a 500 team. Is not a fan.

A fan who has shelled out his money for tickets, wears his teams colors, has a right to say what ever a fan wants when the team is not living up to HIS expectations. Your expectations do not have to match the person next to you!