Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - (10) Kentucky 73
Aslan Wrote:Well look at who Zeller was guarding. JH and Vargas, which is basically like guarding air. He didn't have to play defense.

The play where he was moving ans slid under knight. Man u have to open ur eyes, Refs choose the outcome of more games than u think. The nuggets shot 59 free throws last night.
Aslan Wrote:Why no.

:ChairHit: Then your blind.
Josh Harrellson 21 minutes, 7 rebounds, 4 points
Eloy Vargas 9 minutes, 2 rebounds, 0 points

Tyler Zeller 30 minutes, 11 rebounds, 27 points
John Henson 31 minutes, 12 rebounds, 13 points

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=303380153
Does that not explain it all?

Are two big men couldnt even come close to Zeller by hisself
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The play where he was moving ans slid under knight. Man u have to open ur eyes, Refs choose the outcome of more games than u think. The nuggets shot 59 free throws last night.

But not every game UK loses. Im as big a UK fan as you are, but were in big trouble, you have to understand we are not that good and definitely dont deserve a #10 ranking
37 to 21 free throw attempts in favor of UNC
3 players fouling out. Im not counting Knight.

That about sums it up.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The play where he was moving ans slid under knight. Man u have to open ur eyes, Refs choose the outcome of more games than u think. The nuggets shot 59 free throws last night.

Yeah that was a block, I was very upset when it happened. But a make up call was made a few plays later, when one of our players clearly charged but a block was called.
Aslan Wrote:Yeah that was a block, I was very upset when it happened. But a make up call was made a few plays later, when one of our players clearly charged but a block was called.

LOL> What was u watching.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:37 to 21 free throw attempts in favor of UNC
3 players fouling out. Im not counting Knight.

That about sums it up.

And yet if we had a big man that put numbers up like Zeller did today and held Zeller to fewer points, we would have blown them out.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Josh Harrellson 21 minutes, 7 rebounds, 4 points

8 points in the last 3 mins all from the line. Thats how you win close games at UNC, if your UNC.
Zeller shouldn't have been int he game. He would had ended up with 8 fouls anywhere else int he country. 10 at Cameron.
runitupthegut Wrote:and yet if we had a big man that put numbers up like zeller did today and held zeller to fewer points, we would have blown them out.

he should have not been in the game, they calls they got we didnt.
The difference in the game was UK going 6+ minutes without a field goal and UK's lack of depth, which was a factor for UK getting into foul trouble. Per ESPN.com's box score, UK only had 6 more fouls than UNC, many of those came at the end of the game when UK was trying to stop the clock.
Jarons Wrote:The difference in the game was UK going 6+ minutes without a field goal and UK's lack of depth, which was a factor for UK getting into foul trouble. Per ESPN.com's box score, UK only had 6 more fouls than UNC, many of those came at the end of the game when UK was trying to stop the clock.

:Thumbs:
Jarons Wrote:The difference in the game was UK going 6+ minutes without a field goal and UK's lack of depth, which was a factor for UK getting into foul trouble. Per ESPN.com's box score, UK only had 6 more fouls than UNC, many of those came at the end of the game when UK was trying to stop the clock.

It's not the calls called agsinst UNC, its the ones that wasn't/.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:Come on Aslan. Give Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas a break. Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are important to the team. It was those two getting into foul trouble that gave Kentucky trouble.

Josh Harrellson plays 23.5 minutes per game and gets 8.8 rebounds per game. Eloy Vargas only plays 14.2 minutes per game and yet still gets 3.8 rebounds per game. And they're both very necessary to have when playing defense. Kentucky doesn't have another 6'9" guy who can defend an opposing big center. But obviously, if Kanter can play, let him play. Then have Harrellson be the backup center and Vargas as the backup power forward. That would be a much better lineup, because there isn't as much pressure on Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas.

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Josh Harrellson 21 minutes, 7 rebounds, 4 points

RunitUpTheGut pretty much explained it all.
All those two is take up space and fouls. Niether plays defense or can score to open up the rest of the team. When teams play us they know there not an offensive threat and like I've been saying, it's like playing 4 on 5.
JH and Vargas combine for 30 minutes 9 rebs and 4 points.
Zeller and Henson Combine for 61mins 23rebs and 40 points.
The stats speak for themselves.
If Enes is not freed, UK is going to lose quite a few more games than projected.
The one play where there was a charge by strickland when he ran over liggens., but instead ended up FTs for Zeller was a huge momentum change.
Aslan Wrote:RunitUpTheGut pretty much explained it all.
All those two is take up space and fouls. Niether plays defense or can score to open up the rest of the team. When teams play us they know there not an offensive threat and like I've been saying, it's like playing 4 on 5.
JH and Vargas combine for 30 minutes 9 rebs and 4 points.
Zeller and Henson Combine for 61mins 23rebs and 40 points.
The stats speak for themselves.
If Enes is not freed, UK is going to lose quite a few more games than projected.

Another fact that is not being said much of is the fact that we only shot 38.7% from the floor going 24-62.
To those who criticize Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, should we kick Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas off the team? In that case, what's the lineup going to be? Is Terrence Jones going to play center? And who's going to play as the power forward. Will it be Miller? These two players will have very bad matchups. The lineup will be way too small. And if we shouldn't kick them off the team, then there's no reason to criticize these two. They're trying their best. The fact is, Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are having a tough time because they're being asked too much. They're the only ones on the team that are big enough to be the center in the lineup. We need another center, like Enes Kanter.
The one play that got me was when Lamb went baseline at the end and ended up in the crowd , then Vargas knocks the ball out of bounds on the rebound and fouls out.
Just wondering, why are you guys criticizing the University of Kentucky players? Are you saying that it was a lack of effort by them that they didn't win? Or maybe that they didn't play basketball smart enough? If so, Coach Calipari will get onto them. And trust me, his criticism would be enough for these basketball players to handle. I know some of you might disagree with me, but I personally think they tried their best in this game. And I'm not going to get into a debate about this, because this debate wouldn't end for awhile.

If you're not criticizing the University of Kentucky players for lack of effort, then what are you complaining about? Is it because they lost or had a tough time with a certan stat? If you've been an athlete before, you know that you have your good games and your bad games. If you just have a bad game, there's nothing you can do. You just have to accept it. Therefore, don't criticize these players just because they had a bad day. You have to accept it and move on.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:The one play that got me was when Lamb went baseline at the end and ended up in the crowd , then Vargas knocks the ball out of bounds on the rebound and fouls out.

Yea, u have to call something their.
Good win for UNC.

I'll tell you one thing. Harrison Barnes is BY FAR the most overrated and overhyped player I've seen in a long time. And I mean "BY FAR".
UNC played on their own court; UK fouled out four players; and it still took UNC perfect free throw shooting down the stretch to beat the 8th youngest team in the country! UNC is terrible!
Stardust Wrote:UNC played on their own court; UK fouled out four players; and it still took UNC perfect free throw shooting down the stretch to beat the 8th youngest team in the country! UNC is terrible!
Stardust Wrote:UNC played on their own court; UK fouled out four players; and it still took UNC perfect free throw shooting down the stretch to beat the 8th youngest team in the country! UNC is terrible!

Best post of this thread so far

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:To those who criticize Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, should we kick Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas off the team? In that case, what's the lineup going to be? Is Terrence Jones going to play center? And who's going to play as the power forward. Will it be Miller? These two players will have very bad matchups. The lineup will be way too small. And if we shouldn't kick them off the team, then there's no reason to criticize these two. They're trying their best. The fact is, Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are having a tough time because they're being asked too much. They're the only ones on the team that are big enough to be the center in the lineup. We need another center, like Enes Kanter.

:Thumbs: Great post. I thought Harrellson played a solid game. As Blackcat alum stated a week or so ago, Harrellson is a role player, not a go to player.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:To those who criticize Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas, should we kick Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas off the team? In that case, what's the lineup going to be? Is Terrence Jones going to play center? And who's going to play as the power forward. Will it be Miller? These two players will have very bad matchups. The lineup will be way too small. And if we shouldn't kick them off the team, then there's no reason to criticize these two. They're trying their best. The fact is, Josh Harrellson and Eloy Vargas are having a tough time because they're being asked too much. They're the only ones on the team that are big enough to be the center in the lineup. We need another center, like Enes Kanter.

We wouldnt lose any more games without them then with them.

It's a junior and senior who split time, how are they being asked to do to much, maybe the freshman are but not these two.

If Kanter was playing it would help a lot. Im not sure it would automatically make us a top team though. Theres a lot more issues than the playing. We dont look like a team.

And like I said, as SD has, NC is terrible. They are extremely bad and the fact we couldnt pull this one out makes us look silly even with a bunch of freshman, they were the best freshman and we still should be playing better.

If we play like that for the rest of the season its gonna look like this-:flush: