Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Carolina 75 - (10) Kentucky 73
MVP2 Wrote:I understand,we all want Kanter. I just dont get how JH dont get any credit from UK fans. He isn't a star player never was , never will be. He was a Juco player that Gillispie recruited and probably never really thought he would ever start at UK. He and Vargas are both are role players and are being ask to come in and fill a spot where it was supposed to be Kanter who was one of best bigs coming out of high school last season. I like Harrellson, he is a player that gives it a 100% percent at all times, even though we all know it aint much but if Harrellson was anywhere else and player of his caliber which is honestly a 2 star, came in and started he would get much more credit, the guy has 26 offensive rebounds this season through 7 games. I did a little research last season through 7 games , Patterson had 26 and big Cuz had 23. I think people look to much of scoring, no Harrellson nor Vargas has put up a lot of points so far but we have our guard play to do that. I think if Kanter doesn't get eligible than if we can get those rebounds and smart defense and maybe 6-8 pts from these two roles players at the starting center position will be better than most think. I hope Kanter gets eligible so it takes all the pressure off these guys and I think they do better but only time will tell until the decision is made.

I'd like to have Kanter, but I have to say Harrelson is really doing an OK job.
He's rebounding really good the only thing I hate is his turn over ratio, it seems like he can't catch a pass or hold on to the ball. He does make some big plays under the goal but as an elite big man I can't give him that title.

I won't say he is terrible or anything like that.. Harrellson has done a pretty good job IMO for what he is and how big he is.
For all the Doron Lamb fans, if you take Miller out and put Lamb in.. We won't be getting that many boards. Darius is averaging around 8 boards a game right now.
^No he's not.
He's averaging a fraction over 5 boards a game.
I think Lamb will be starting over Miller by the end of the year.