Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things don't look good for Enes Kanter
The longer it goes, the better it will look for Enes. The NCAA has already made the decision that he is not eligible, thus all this time must mean they are weighing heavily the new information other than making a quick decision to say "Not Eligible".
^
I hope your right, you could also look at it the other way too.
Guy's, the more that I think about this, the more that I believe the NCAA will overturn the "life-time" ban. I'm not sure that it is warranted or justified.

Before you get too excited, I do still believe the NCAA sets severe consequences, and thus I see a one year suspension for Kanter. It's strict, but it's not the life-time ban. Thus, it would require Enes to decide whether he goes to the NBA or sticks around. I just see no way that Enes ever wears a UK uniform during an NCAA game.
Stardust Wrote:Guy's, the more that I think about this, the more that I believe the NCAA will overturn the "life-time" ban. I'm not sure that it is warranted or justified.

Before you get too excited, I do still believe the NCAA sets severe consequences, and thus I see a one year suspension for Kanter. It's strict, but it's not the life-time ban. Thus, it would require Enes to decide whether he goes to the NBA or sticks around. I just see no way that Enes ever wears a UK uniform during an NCAA game.

A bit confused.
You say you think he can play next year if he decides to not go to the NBA?
But, you don't think you will see him in a UK jersey?
You mean you think he will go straight to the NBA and not stay but will be eligible to play?
Did I read that right?
Ballers Wrote:A bit confused.
You say you think he can play next year if he decides to not go to the NBA?
But, you don't think you will see him in a UK jersey?
You mean you think he will go straight to the NBA and not stay but will be eligible to play?
Did I read that right?

Correct

What I said was Enes will be eligible to play college basketball next year. BUT - will he want to? I do not expect Enes to set out of Basketball this year, only to come back and play for UK next year, thus I see him entering the NBA draft, and we will never see him don the UK uniform.
Stardust Wrote:Correct

What I said was Enes will be eligible to play college basketball next year. BUT - will he want to? I do not expect Enes to set out of Basketball this year, only to come back and play for UK next year, thus I see him entering the NBA draft, and we will never see him don the UK uniform.

That would be such a teaasseeee.
Cal says decision will be soon. http://www.nationofblue.com/coach-calipari-kanter-4220/
During today's press conference with Coach Calipari, he was asked for an update on the Kanter timetable, Coach Calipari said "It should be soon."

For Cat fans and the program, a decision couldn't come soon enough. The time line was somewhere around two weeks. Depending on the exact date the additional information was submitted, the two week window is very close and could be as early as today.

Kanter's process has been one of the more documented and discussed processes this season, only topped by the infamous Cam newton discussion.

ESPN stated that the University feels good about the situation. here is a quote from that recent article:

"Several NBA sources with ties to the Kentucky program told ESPN.com over the weekend that Kentucky feels good about its chances now that the NCAA has established a precedent with its decision to allow Newton to play, despite the fact that his father took substantial benefits. The facts are very similar in Kanter's case and Kentucky believes the NCAA will rule in its favor."
Enes wants to play college ball. so i dont see the kid backing out even if he does get a 1 year suspension i think we will all see him in a uk uniform one of these days. hes had plenty of chances to go to the nba. & when he gets eligible i look to see him at uk for atleast 2 years. that is if cal dont encourage him to leave so he can land more top talent to come to uk.
but i really dont see the NCAA suspending him for 1 year anyway, because his case is too similar to cam newtons case. i have complete faith that enes will play this year an uk will start whooping everyones a** like they should be.... GO BIG BLUE!
Aslan Wrote:Cal says decision will be soon. http://www.nationofblue.com/coach-calipari-kanter-4220/
During today's press conference with Coach Calipari, he was asked for an update on the Kanter timetable, Coach Calipari said "It should be soon."

For Cat fans and the program, a decision couldn't come soon enough. The time line was somewhere around two weeks. Depending on the exact date the additional information was submitted, the two week window is very close and could be as early as today.

Kanter's process has been one of the more documented and discussed processes this season, only topped by the infamous Cam newton discussion.

ESPN stated that the University feels good about the situation. here is a quote from that recent article:

"Several NBA sources with ties to the Kentucky program told ESPN.com over the weekend that Kentucky feels good about its chances now that the NCAA has established a precedent with its decision to allow Newton to play, despite the fact that his father took substantial benefits. The facts are very similar in Kanter's case and Kentucky believes the NCAA will rule in its favor."

LOL - Seriously? This is Cousins and Wall talking to Knight and Jones and them getting excited that Newton was allowed to play, thus they have to let Enes.

Did anyone watch the UK/IU game and here them say that Cal said he was not real hopeful? If you DVR'd the game, go back to the 15 minute mark of the first half!
I really don't think that matters much Dusty. Anything positive is a good thing.

I think there's two options that will happen with Kanter.

Option 1 - He gets a certain number of games suspension this year and actually gets to play this season.

Option 2 - He gets suspended the entire year and decides to come back and play next year with Gilchrist, Davis and all the other greatness we'll have.

This kid really wanted to play college ball. He's had chance after chance to go to the NBA, but I really think he loves Lexington and I wouldn't be surprised if Option 2 happens. Heck, I think there's a decent chance he comes back next year even if he gets to play this season.
Good news!!!!

http://www.nationofblue.com/enes-kanter-...oday-4323/
^ This story has already been shot down by a report by Brett Dawson.
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/12/dawson...anter.html
Thanks for getting my hopes up!!!
So we have to wait to early January...I just don't know bout this. I'd like to compare the NCAA to the workers on the Office. Playing pranks all day and doing abunch of nothing.
FoOtBaLl FrEaK 8-0 Wrote:^ This story has already been shot down by a report by Brett Dawson.
http://www.allkyhoops.com/2010/12/dawson...anter.html

Kentucky fans hoping for an Enes Kanter decision before Christmas are likely to be disappointed. There’s no news on the eligibility status of the freshman center, and no indication that there will be a decision this week.

In an e-mail this morning, NCAA spokesman Chuck Wynne wrote: "The NCAA and the University of Kentucky continue to work this issue according to the established student-athlete reinstatement process. At this point, there is nothing new to report."

Kanter, a 6-foot-11 center was ruled permanently ineligible to play at UK due to $33,033 in benefits that exceeded his expenses received when he played for a pro club in his native Turkey. UK first appealed that decision, then submitted new information to the NCAA and is awaiting a new ruling based on that information.
Has anyone heard any updates?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
The Lexington Herald-Leader's Jerry Tipton speculates in a recent blog entry if Kanter isn't eligible and the Kanter's get a court ordered injuction and Kanter gets to play, would it end up another Derrick Rose Situation.

The interesting thing is what happens next.

Should the appeal be denied, as expected, will Kanter’s family seek a restraining order or temporary injunction, either of which might stall the NCAA ruling and permit Kanter to play.

If that happens, UK would find itself in about the same position as Memphis in the Derrick Rose situation. Rose played, but Memphis ultimately had to vacate its victories and money gained from participation in the NCAA Tournament. If the NCAA prevails in the courts, UK would face the possibility of vacating any victory Kanter was part of.

http://www.nationofblue.com/tipton-anoth...tion-4580/
Stardust Wrote:Guy's, the more that I think about this, the more that I believe the NCAA will overturn the "life-time" ban. I'm not sure that it is warranted or justified.

I don't either. If they lift the lifetime ban, and just put a one year ban, I still see him going pro next year. Either way, he won't wear a UK uniform.