Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
UCONN
12.50%
Kentucky
87.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UCONN vs. (9) Kentucky 11/25 - Maui Invitational Championship
MVP2 Wrote:UK will have to keep Oriakhi off the boards, he is a big guy that crashes the boards hard. He had 17 rebounds in the win over Michigan State and 9 of them were offensive so UK will have to rebound and limit them to second chance points. Go Cats!!
Oriakhi has 6 rebounds, and with no Jones on the floor, he has dominated the inside
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Expect to see Liggins on Walker.
Walker's 17 points proved Liggin's has no chance
Game will be sloppy as both teams probably don't have much left in the tank after their hard fought wins tonight.
Sloppy, but only for UK
Stardust Wrote:I like the way the Cats are playing, but I think UConn is better than Washington. Too many posters were giving Washington way too credit and felt the Cats could not beat the Huskies. I think UConn will pose a much bigger challenge. In a game where both teams will have tired legs, I'm taking UConn due to their quality experience. Walker is the best guard in the nation at this early stage of the season, and I think he wills his team over the Cats. Jones could get into foul trouble in this game. I think the chance where the Cats can pull this out is if they can light up the 3 point line. I'm liking Lamb more and more each game. If he can go off, he could make the difference for the Cats and possibly help the Cats pull it out late.
Jones in foul trouble and Walker is the best guard in the nation
Ballers Wrote:Liggins or Miller either one would be a good match up for Walker.
I like Liggins on Walker tho, he's such a tough lock-down defender, and he is the kinda guy that will make the offense just plain out mad.

Miller should be down low boarding.
Liggins has been making the offense look sad

Miller has an APB out on him, he has been nowhere to be found
leecoukfan Wrote:IMO, Washington is better than Connecticut! So I see no reason why we don't beat UCONN by atleast 8 points!!

I think with Liggins guarding Walker he won't get close to his previous three games in the scoring column!!

GO CATS!!
Umm, No they are not....
Stardust Wrote:^ 9 fouls to 10. They are calling everything on both teams. We could see Calhoun and Calipari one on one just to finish the game
The fouls might be even but everytime we foul them it is on a shot but when we drive we get hacked to death. If Liggins was a white guy, his arms would have red marks all over them.
Amun-Ra Wrote:The fouls might be even but everytime we foul them it is on a shot but when we drive we get hacked to death. If Liggins was a white guy, his arms would have red marks all over them.

LOL :Thumbs:
Stardust Wrote:Umm, No they are not....

I don't think you can say that because Wahington had a 1 point lead on UK last night at Halftime and I know it would have been alot worse if Jones had sat the majority of the 1st half as well as Knight being in foul trouble like it has been tonight!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Pfft

I have not seen a UK beatdown like that since WVU took Blue Jesus and Crew out of the Big Dance last year.
At least it aint Minnesota.
leecoukfan Wrote:I don't think you can say that because Wahington had a 1 point lead on UK last night at Halftime and I know it would have been alot worse if Jones had sat the majority of the 1st half as well as Knight being in foul trouble like it has been tonight!

I don't need to know the score to see that UConns Walker, Napier and Oriakhi could beat the entire Washington squad with all of them on the floor at the same time! No way Washington has the players that UConn does
OMG, Miller actually is in the gym
Stardust Wrote:I don't need to know the score to see that UConns Walker, Napier and Oriakhi could beat the entire Washington squad with all of them on the floor at the same time! No way Washington has the players that UConn does
Washington was good but UConn was def underrated this year. But in this game I just think everything is going right for them.
Wow, zero interior defense tonight
Amun-Ra Wrote:Washington was good but UConn was def underrated this year. But in this game I just think everything is going right for them.

I can agree with that. I'm not knocking Washington, but no way are they better than UConn
Stardust Wrote:I don't need to know the score to see that UConns Walker, Napier and Oriakhi could beat the entire Washington squad with all of them on the floor at the same time! No way Washington has the players that UConn does

I guess we will never know will we?!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Finally, Miller shows he can do someting
leecoukfan Wrote:I guess we will never know will we?!

If UK does not come back and win this, then we know. Can't use the fouls asa gauge either, because Washington had no one that could cause the Cats to get in foul trouble.
Jones has made it a 16 point game
Fancy that! Now that Jones is back in the game, the Cats have already shaved 6 points off the lead just 4 minutes into the 2nd Half!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:Jones has made it a 16 point game

15 point game!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:If UK does not come back and win this, then we know. Can't use the fouls asa gauge either, because Washington had no one that could cause the Cats to get in foul trouble.
They weren't calling the UW game like they are this one. And that's obvious.
Amun-Ra Wrote:They weren't calling the UW game like they are this one. And that's obvious.

Yeah, you got that right!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^ Cmon, it was 23 to 22 fouls in the Washington game. It's 12 to 12 now. Cats have shot 14 FTs to 11 for UConn
Officating is a lame argument, and only an excuse. Cats are not getting cheated by the refs. They are getting beat by Walker getting off shots and Napier BLOWING by his defender!
Stardust Wrote:^ Cmon, it was 23 to 22 fouls in the Washington game. It's 12 to 12 now. Cats have shot 14 FTs to 11 for UConn
Still different types of fouls. Different refs call games differently.
Knight is 1-11. That's why the Cats are getting blown out!
Stardust Wrote:Knight is 1-11. That's why the Cats are getting blown out!
Sure as **** aint helping.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Still different types of fouls. Different refs call games differently.

Might as well quit arguing because Stardust will keep it up whether he is right or wrong!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I had to put my TV on mute here because I can't take anymore of the man love for Kemba Walker. Serioulsy Bilas get the kid's **** out of your mouth.
The Cats need to quit jacking up threes and actually run some plays and go to the hole!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Isn't Ed Corbett the official? If it is, it's the same crew from last night.
Stardust Wrote:Isn't Ed Corbett the official? If it is, it's the same crew from last night.
Ok whatever. They still aint calling it the same. There wasn't a foul everytime Washington went to the rim.
NO ONE out on the perimeter!