Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School QB in the State
THE KIZER Wrote:Got back from the EAST WEST all star game. I wasn't overwhelmed by any of the QBs. I understand that they had only 2 days to prepare, but I just wasn't impressed. The best ball of the day was a corner route thrown by Clay Mckee while he was on his back. The Lex Cath qb threw two deep passes, one int and the other a nice deep ball for a TD. Reece threw a lot of screens, which were fine, but I saw nothing amazing.

I have to agree with you on the average QB play on both sides but you have to realize that its very hard for the QBs and the receivers to be in sync with each other in 2 days of practice. The int for example should of been on the money but the slot man stopped his route after 15 yds when he was supposed to run a deep route. I guess the many screens and spot passes where easier for all the players in question to execute. The east ran a reverse flea flicker right before half and the kid was open but the only problem was the Ryan kid could't throw it 70 yards to get it to him. If the kid had counted to 3 and then released like he was supposed to then it would of been a TD. Its just tough for thses kids to learn these routes in 2 days. Then you also have the problem of the QBs from both teams getting into rythem because they alternate QBs after every series. I suspect that it might be the same when the Ryan kid goes to the All -American bowl in january. He will have only a few days to learn and get on the same page with his receivers.
knighted Wrote:I have to agree with you on the average QB play on both sides but you have to realize that its very hard for the QBs and the receivers to be in sync with each other in 2 days of practice. The int for example should of been on the money but the slot man stopped his route after 15 yds when he was supposed to run a deep route. I guess the many screens and spot passes where easier for all the players in question to execute. The east ran a reverse flea flicker right before half and the kid was open but the only problem was the Ryan kid could't throw it 70 yards to get it to him. If the kid had counted to 3 and then released like he was supposed to then it would of been a TD. Its just tough for thses kids to learn these routes in 2 days. Then you also have the problem of the QBs from both teams getting into rythem because they alternate QBs after every series. I suspect that it might be the same when the Ryan kid goes to the All -American bowl in january. He will have only a few days to learn and get on the same page with his receivers.

You are probably right... I wish I could have seen him play a couple regular season games.
Kizer.........................????????? Yes the Mckee kid did well too ...but your comment?????
Snipes. Could you be a little more specific. Im not sure what you want.
The all american game is a money racket bottom line. But just watching the kids throw the ball in warm ups I was more impressed with the kid in the green helmet than I was the LC kid. Not getting in a whos better or not but the LC kid does not throw a perfect ball in warmups how does he in a game
buzz Wrote:The all american game is a money racket bottom line. But just watching the kids throw the ball in warm ups I was more impressed with the kid in the green helmet than I was the LC kid. Not getting in a whos better or not but the LC kid does not throw a perfect ball in warmups how does he in a game

its funny u said this cause out of all the QBs the williamsburg QB looked the roughest in the warmups and I think he is as good a QB as anybody on the field. ............No reason for you to dump on the LC QB jst because he was selected for the Alll - American "bowl instead of the Williamsnurg QB. money racket it may be but the kids that were selected were all deserving to be chosen. People like you Buzz give other people from the same area a bad name and thats not right. I really hope you are just a kid that likes to post on this site.
No one is dumping on the LC QB. Griffith did not have a chance to be choosen to go to Texas because he didn't go to the FBU camp. If you had read my post earlier you would know that he was invited to attend but was not able to go because of other commitments at the camp time. If he had gone I'm sure he would have been in the running for a spot also. No one from Williamsburg has said anything negative about LC QB. Maybe you should read everyone's post.
Doesn't it cost $699 to go to a FBU camp?
knighted Wrote:its funny u said this cause out of all the QBs the williamsburg QB looked the roughest in the warmups and I think he is as good a QB as anybody on the field. ............No reason for you to dump on the LC QB jst because he was selected for the Alll - American "bowl instead of the Williamsnurg QB. money racket it may be but the kids that were selected were all deserving to be chosen. People like you Buzz give other people from the same area a bad name and thats not right. I really hope you are just a kid that likes to post on this site.

Now wait a minute. When did Buzz ever mention the Williamsnurg kid? I read nothing in his post about him. YOU my friend are being hypocritical and "dumping" on him. Think about what you are posting Hitler.
footballfever Wrote:Doesn't it cost $699 to go to a FBU camp?

Yes, it cost a great deal of money, but you can be invited for free. In this case Griffith was invited for free.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Now wait a minute. When did Buzz ever mention the Williamsnurg kid? I read nothing in his post about him. YOU my friend are being hypocritical and "dumping" on him. Think about what you are posting Hitler.

Im the one who said skylar was as good as anybody on the field. If you go back and read Buzz's posts its not hard to see where he's from. I have bragged several times on skylar this year and I really think he is one heck of a QB . Skylar and the Ryan kid are from 2 different molds. Ryan is a pure pocket passer and if you watched the game this weekend you would of seen that he was the only QB that would stand in the pocket and look down field. Did he wow the crowd? probably not but its not his fault that they ran an offense that was complicated for him and his receivers to be on the same page. If you looked at his stats tho you would think he did pretty well ( 11-17 for 174 yds, a TD pass and 1 int. Skylar on the other hand was never given a chance to do his thing. IMO he is a Michael Vick type QB and he is very exciting to watch. Both of these kids are very good QB's in their own style of playing. I hate to say this but attending a FBU camp was not required to be selected for the All-American bowl. I know this because I specificly asked Eric Richards at the banquet Sat. if everyone that was selected was a past FBU camp attendee and he said "no". He did say tho that probably 75% of the players selected were FBU attendees so it does help them to see and evaluate the players while they were in their camp but there were several players taken that hadn't ever been to a FBU camp. Our 7th grade WR, Sam Letton, never attended a FBU camp but yet he was chosen for the All American Bowl too.Guys its harder than you think for these QBs to produce the same numbers that they did during regular season because now they are going up against very fast and strong LBs and defensive linemen, and D-backs. As you saw saturday none of the QBs successfully scrambled or juked liked they did in regular season. It's not just harder for the QBs but every offensive player had a tougher time in this game than they did playing against regular teams.
At this moment i dont think any of us know who is the best qb in the state. I hope that all of the qb's continue to work hard and have great high school careers. I know with a little hard work that we will be watching and reading about these young men on a college level. Let's stop this debate because we are talking about 13 and 14 year old kids. Coming out of college R.Cobb was a 2 star with a lot of schools overlooking him, 3 years later he is leading the SEC in all purpose yards.
BM82 Wrote:At this moment i dont think any of us know who is the best qb in the state. I hope that all of the qb's continue to work hard and have great high school careers. I know with a little hard work that we will be watching and reading about these young men on a college level. Let's stop this debate because we are talking about 13 and 14 year old kids. Coming out of college R.Cobb was a 2 star with a lot of schools overlooking him, 3 years later he is leading the SEC in all purpose yards.

The best QB in the state is probably the kid that hasnt ever been mentioned on this site yet.
Knighted, who in your opinion is the best QB
Well just commenting on what knighted just said about it being a complicated offense the offensive coordinator was his that he had all season.
The bad name that is giving is not from people like buzz its from people like you that think Reese is as good as you think he is. Played terrible when he had 2 days to prepare for the all-stars but whats his excuse for the championship game against Corbin. Seen he play twice this year and still not impressed. Zac Carmicheal from Anderson is a better QB than Reese or McKee and got shafted even from his own coach which was the head coach of the east. Skler Griffen was the better QB that day just because he wasnt scared to take a hit, this is football.
Everyone of the QB's were a little off this weekend. These all stars had a month layoff from the game so cut all of them some slack:please:. I saw the Corbin vs Lcath game and man those Greyhounds were a great team:Thumbs:. Corbin was cleary a better team than LCath on that night. With that being said the score had nothing to do with the play of the LCath QB. Ryan threw for 340yds 4tds and 1int. If you want to bring up that game do not blame it on their QB. I would blame it on the play of their defense and the fact that they could not stop the run or get off he field.:igiveup:
ashfan Wrote:Knighted, who in your opinion is the best QB

In my opinion, there really is no such thing as a lock down best QB. The thing is this is only 13 and 14 yr old kids so who know for sure who is the best QB. Sklyar Griffth and Jarredd Jarrell who be on the top of the list for QBs that run, scramble and pass. The Ryan kid was the best pocket passer I saw this year,( but that doesn't mean that there's not a better one out there). I'll say this tho, you cant judge a kids talent without seeing him play a few games. I have no idea what the Toomey man was bashing the Lex Cath QB for in the championship game against Corbin. W L Stats had him 17-25 for 341 yds ,4 TD's and a pick. That doesn't make him the best QB in the state either. This post needs to be closed now because it seems to be getting out of hand when grown men are blaming 14 yr old QB's for losing a championship because the QB for his team wasn't selected to the East- West team. As I said before " the best QB in the state probably hasn't been mentioned on this site yet. This is my last post on this subject.
Yea I am from williamsburg that was stated early on. But all you have ever talked about is how good that the reese kid is and no doubt he may be I have seen him play only twice. But he had his starting WR and ran the spread that he ran all year. But all I was saying is he was not throwing the ball in warmups with a tight spiral and no accuracy the other three were throwing better balls in warmups. And yea sklar can run but he can throw the ball with anybody that was there that day. But he never had the chance because the west ran a power offense and dominated the game with it. But in the end what does being a eight grade all american get you in life nothing. Skylar has something that the Reese kid doesnt and that would be a STATE CHAMPONSHIP.
Well if I had to pick the best QB in the state, I would throw in the #1 from Raceland, considering he plays WR and RB 90% of the time and only plays QB when something happens. He was the 3rd QB on the team and only lined up in games. He only played QB in practice for 2 days this whole year. With a QB that threw for 1800 yards and the second QB that threw for almost 1000 himself, I dont think #1 played bad at all for being third string, running for 1145, throwing for 650 and receiving for 400. I just wondered what he could have produced if he would have played QB all year???
In 3 games he started this year he was 30 of 45 for 432 yards: 18 rushes for 215 yards. 6TD's and 6XP's. 647 yards of all purpose in 3 games. Not a bad ratio.
Middle school stats are misleading.... Which QB helps his team win the most games. Clay Mckee's Georgetown Middle School record was 31 and 2.
22 - 0 the past two years.
Just saying...
THE KIZER Wrote:Middle school stats are misleading.... Which QB helps his team win the most games. Clay Mckee's Georgetown Middle School record was 31 and 2.
22 - 0 the past two years.
Just saying...

If this is the young man who played in the E-W allstar game on the East team and wore number 7,,, if so ,, I agree, he was a top notch kid and very respectful. Spoke to him after the game and congratualted him on a great performance.
Yes Number 7 is McKee. His talent speaks for itself, but his intellegence is what is amazing. During film and games he and the offensive coordinator would have real conversations about what would work and why. It helps that Georgetown runs Coach Mckee's Scott Co's Wing T Offense, which has been ingrained into Clay since he was in Elementary.
so i hear the middle school QB from Lex Cath is one of the top in the nation? is this true?
Ram-Fan Wrote:Well if I had to pick the best QB in the state, I would throw in the #1 from Raceland, considering he plays WR and RB 90% of the time and only plays QB when something happens. He was the 3rd QB on the team and only lined up in games. He only played QB in practice for 2 days this whole year. With a QB that threw for 1800 yards and the second QB that threw for almost 1000 himself, I dont think #1 played bad at all for being third string, running for 1145, throwing for 650 and receiving for 400. I just wondered what he could have produced if he would have played QB all year???
In 3 games he started this year he was 30 of 45 for 432 yards: 18 rushes for 215 yards. 6TD's and 6XP's. 647 yards of all purpose in 3 games. Not a bad ratio.

I agree....he would be a good QB. The only problem I forsee with that is the fact that if you use him at QB you are in effect taking the best playmaker we have and taking the ball out of his hands even though it's being snapped to him everytime. No body on that team can do what he does with the ball when it is thrown to him....he makes things happen. I just don't see him being as effective from the QB posistion as he would be from the WR or RB posistions. Just my opinion of course.
thank you to all who have spoke my sons name (skyler griffith) in good or bad .... he is a special player who has made ME very proud but what you all need to understand this is a young man as is all of these kids so please be kind in your post..... i don't want my son to come on here and read anything negative about him..... all of these kids have something special about them so positive reinforcement and none of this childish back and forth crap.....skyler was qb who worked hard and gave 100% in every game so please don't take any of that from him by comparing him to anyone, diffrent kids, diffrent games and diffrent outcomes ....our middle school football team was something this year and if it wasn't for ALL of the team effort we wouldn't have made it as far as we did ........but really thanks for my son being in your conversations it makes me proud that he is a topic, so keep it clean and nice...........
w'burg jacket mom Wrote:thank you to all who have spoke my sons name (skyler griffith) in good or bad .... he is a special player who has made ME very proud but what you all need to understand this is a young man as is all of these kids so please be kind in your post..... i don't want my son to come on here and read anything negative about him..... all of these kids have something special about them so positive reinforcement and none of this childish back and forth crap.....skyler was qb who worked hard and gave 100% in every game so please don't take any of that from him by comparing him to anyone, diffrent kids, diffrent games and diffrent outcomes ....our middle school football team was something this year and if it wasn't for ALL of the team effort we wouldn't have made it as far as we did ........but really thanks for my son being in your conversations it makes me proud that he is a topic, so keep it clean and nice...........

He is a great QB and very dangerous on the field, I too have had my bouts with negativity on here and find it very hard to read about a kid from adults who take pot shots. I agree with you and hope Skylar continues to do very well in life and grows up to be a fine young man. Enjoyed watching him play ball, would have liked to won the championship, but it did not go our way. But I agree with you 100%.
I have seen all of these kids play and this discussion is pointless. they are all valuble to thier teams, but if you are looking at college qb the ryan kid from lex cath is the only one with a chance. the others are to little and dont have the arm strenth. also how do you talk down about any 14 year old kid. especially with warm up comments sounds like sour grapes to me. also the chane that we have seen the best one is very small just enjoy watching them.
If the truth was know. The best quarterback in Kentucky has already chosen to be a one sport star in BASKETBALL.
Old Redhound Wrote:If the truth was know. The best quarterback in Kentucky has already chosen to be a one sport star in BASKETBALL.

And that would be?:popcorn:
It was just a comment on Football vs Basketball in Kentucky.