Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss to s. Pulaski, proud of farnsley
The Farnsley Wildcats do not blame any referees for our team losing the Championship. S. Pulaski played a superb game! Those young men on both sides of the ball played their hearts out!..I can speak as a fact that we do not teach our student/athletes to play unfair or lead with helmets. I do want this organization to know a bit about this team though...This is the first year of middle school football in Jefferson County. The Wildcats first year. We had to pay $6000 by selling t-shirts and cleaning trash at Churchill Downs just to buy our gear...the Board does not provide...our boys won their first 4 games without having even the first tackle dummie on the practice field, they won 4 Bowl Games, District Champions, Regional Champions and Runner up in the State Finals. The team served the Homeless community as their 'Annual Community Outreach' project. The entire team exceeded their academic expectations. We became a Family although we started out as the Bad News Bears.
This League did not expect the Wildcats to be this successful...as well as those in this forum...We are here to stay...We will respect our opponents...we are humbled to play the likes of the teams we have been up against throughout the state...I think we were all star struck..most of our young men have never been out of Jefferson County let alone sleep in a nice hotel...I give no excuses for losing...I can only say we will be back with a stronger resolve to learn from this experience and become State Champions.
Thank you to all the participants in this League..and most of all ...Thanks to the fine young men who have endured bruises, broken bones, blood, sweat and tears all for the LOVE OF FOOTBALL!...You Student/Athletes put on one heck of a show this season!...We look forward to 2011!
:Thumbs:
Both are class acts!