Chase Lowrie WR Williamsburg
Will Edwards WR Spencer
Deonte Thompson WR Calloway
Tim Kloss OG Graves
Zach wilson WR Cumberland
Caleb Cox RB Northern
Cameron Savage TE JT Alton
Jacobi Gilmore RB Meece
How did Matt Lawson from GC not make this list?
Assuming the above list is for 8th grade, is there a similiar listing for 7th grade.
Kosar Wrote:How did Matt Lawson from GC not make this list?

If you watched last year when Greenup made it to the carpet to play on Saturday, CORBIN was much bigger and older. If you were there and saw the
8th grade runningbacks on the field Saturday and Sunday of this year, you would see why. The running back position is very tough and talented. Dont get me wrong Lawson is a great kid and running back. But at this level at the Running back position it is loaded with great talent. Some of these 8th grade running backs will play and see alot of time next year on the Varsity level. Believe me. There are probably 6 kids in those games that will start varsity next year.

As you will also know, from playing on the carpet in front of all those people there, your kid gets more looks and more eyes are on him. Makes some names really pop out when everyone there gets to put a face with a name.
Lawson will be very productive next year and will probably be the starting Running back his sophomore year, him and Marsh.
I think Marsh will be transferring to Raceland before then. Losing the head football coach and the state taking over the school has his family planning to make a change. It's just rumor but I heard it from a pretty good source, a good education and a stable football program seems to be the deciding factor. They're not real sure if he will fit in the raceland football program but he will definately get a good education.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I think Marsh will be transferring to Raceland before then. Losing the head football coach and the state taking over the school has his family planning to make a change. It's just rumor but I heard it from a pretty good source, a good education and a stable football program seems to be the deciding factor. They're not real sure if he will fit in the raceland football program but he will definately get a good education.

if he's willing to work hard for what he gets he will fit in just fine. If he isn't he should stay a Musketeer.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I think Marsh will be transferring to Raceland before then. Losing the head football coach and the state taking over the school has his family planning to make a change. It's just rumor but I heard it from a pretty good source, a good education and a stable football program seems to be the deciding factor. They're not real sure if he will fit in the raceland football program but he will definately get a good education.

What grade is he in?
He is in the 8th grade and a very hard working kid. His dad pushes him pretty hard to be the best he can be.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:He is in the 8th grade and a very hard working kid. His dad pushes him pretty hard to be the best he can be.

One thing Raceland is missing in my opinion is a good Power back. I saw him play he's a nice running back. Everybody thinks we pass just because. but I'm sure Coach Maynard would like to get to where he passes when he wants to and not every down and a good line and backs seems to cure that problem.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:He is in the 8th grade and a very hard working kid. His dad pushes him pretty hard to be the best he can be.

He would get a fairshake In Ram land. TJ will play the best players that he has.
I agree, He would get a fair shake and it is true. He would be given a chance.
I probably better leave this alone and let them do whatever they are going to do, I was just saying what I heard, I probably shouldn't have brought it up,but I don't blame them for wanting the best for their son. A differnt coach every year and teachers that don't give a crap is not much to look forward to.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:I probably better leave this alone and let them do whatever they are going to do, I was just saying what I heard, I probably shouldn't have brought it up,but I don't blame them for wanting the best for their son. A differnt coach every year and teachers that don't give a crap is not much to look forward to.

Lets hope they make the right choice.
Wow. Marsh isnt going anywhere. You guys just love to start this crap. I know Bob and this complete BS.
Does anybody know what time the EAST/WEST players are suppose to check in on Friday in Frankfort?
before 12 noon I think
Thank you.
What about the itinerary for Friday for the East/West players? What time is practice and where?
Anybody know where I can locate a roster for the KYMSFA 2010 East West All Star Game?
Posted by Rich Brooks:

EAST Defense

Maverick Dixon CB * Raceland
Corey Owen DE * Knox
Jalan Acree DE * Frankfort
Dalton Mears DE * Bowling
Mathew Collins DT * Frankfort
Camron Bailey DT * Lex Cath
Michael Wash LB * Bowling
Jonath Hale DT * Knox
Isaiah Jackson SS * Frankfort
Jarred Jerrell SS * Adams
Nate Young SS * Conway
Malik Walker CB Farnsley
Jake O'Mara LB Mason
Sam Head NG Bondurant
Austin Jones LB Eminence
Chuck williams LB CAL
Jordan Wise LB Bondurant
Braxton Couch LB Lex Cath
Micheal Smith NG Leslie
Abijah Cox CB Georgetown
Dylan Cox DE/P Bell
DJ Smith CB JCTMS
Tristen Salyer DT Johnson Co.
Austin Caldwell CB Bell
Quinton Marksberry DE Summitt
Aaron Fuller LB Rowan

EAST Offense

Lucas Bradley OC * Raceland
Nolan Johnson OC * Farnsley
Jared Colbert OT * Anderson
Greg Bowling OT * Raceland
Kendall Frost OG * Knox
Alex Thomas OG * Raceland
Derek Rudde OG * Bowling
Reece Ryan QB * Lex Cath
Jalan Washington RB * Frankfort
Trent Tuttle TE * Knox
Connor Slone TE * Frankfort
Conner Messer WR * Raceland
Dusty Puckett WR * Anderson
Clay McKee QB Georgetown
Delvonn Dunn RB Farnsley
George Wilson RB Olmestead
Justin Mitchell WR Eminence
Ryan Johnson WR Mason
Nick Lockett RB Bondurant
Hayden Canady RB Knox
Trey carpenter OT Simons
Jordan Hatton WR Lex Cath
Levi Ray OT Georgetown
Toomey WR/K Anderson
Ellis Cain RB JCTMS
Damien Belcher RB Johnson Co.

WEST Defense

Brady Harris CB * Lone Oak
Kenny Hopper CB * Corbin
Anthony Phillips LB * Caverna
Demichael Bibb LB Drakes
Eli Brown FS Moss
Julius Allen DE S. Warren
Bo Williams SS Franklin-Simp
Kijanna Winters DT Bowling Green
Logan Pruitt DT Monroe
Mathew Hughes DT Warren East
Rasheed Jones LB Lone Oak
Micha Castonan DE Glasgow
Dylan Anderson LB Glasgow
Corey Shelton CB Williamsburg
Travis Phaup CB James Madison
Jaron White LB James Madison
Mathew Hiter NG Calloway
Josh Jones LB Calloway
Michael Rose LB Williamsburg
Nathan Pray CB Perry Central
Jesse Guzman DE TK Stone
Daniel Elder DE TK Stone
Chandler Gover LB S. Pulaski
Joey Marshall SS Graves
Zach Helton LB East Hardin
Derrick Caldwell NG Campbellsville
Adam Isaacs DE S.Pulaski

West Offense

Ethen Wilson OC * Corbin
Pedro Herrera RB ** S.Pulaski
Caleb Rollins OT * Corbin
Skyler Griffith QB * Williamsburg
Bronson Owen QB * Lone Oak
Tanner Powers RB * Corbin
Dalton Anderson TE * Corbin
Emitt Smith RB Moss
Kodic Cardwell OT Moss
Jordan Buchanan WR S.Warren
Jordan Holt WR Franklin-Simp
Andrew Eaton OG Franklin-Simp
Owen Rush OC Bowling Green
Tyler Rush OG Bowling Green
Patrick Burton OT Warren East
Nick Vincent OG Barren
Trenton Johnson TE Bate
Chris Helton OT Williamsburg
Chase Lowrie WR Williamsburg
Will Edwards WR Spencer
Deonte Thompson WR Calloway
Tim Kloss OG Graves
Zach wilson WR Cumberland
Caleb Cox RB Northern
Cameron Savage TE JT Alton
Jacobi Gilmore RB Meece
Who is in charge of picking the Allstate team?
Its a joke... Definitely some good players on the list but only a SMALL percentage of the middle school-aged football players in the state are represented...

I'm not knocking any of the kids who made the list... I'm sure they all can play... Just need to realize what it is... My guess is less than 10% of the kids listed on this all-state team will be on the all-state list when they are seniors in high school...
Those who complain and gripe are the ones that need to get out and help!! KYMSFA has improved over the last 3 years and it gets better every year. The number of schools playing in the Association is 150. ALL schools have the ability to join and play. And yeaDEVIL58 you are prolly right only 10% will be on the list in highschool, but to say that this is a JOKE is hateful to those kids and coaches who try to make their programs better. I will always hear what you have to say but I do not agree with this one!
i am very sorry you son did not get in, but dont knock others achievements. you are correct about senior year, but thats more about development and coaching so give the young men who made the teams credit and good luck to you son tell him to keep working hard
I will have to say that my use of "joke" is probably an overstatement... If you read the rest of my post you would see that I did say,
Quote: "I'm not knocking any of the kids who made the list... I'm sure they all can play..."
BUT, to say that this is a true all-state team is a stretch that I'm sure you all can agree with... Not that all these kids aren't talented but not ALL kids in the state are represented... It's more of an all tournament team than what most of us think of when you say someone made the all-state team...

As for my son hardworktoday, I don't have a dog in the fight... My son finished middle school in 2001... He was an extremely hard worker and a good football player and baseball player... Would he have have been "all-state"?? Maybe, had they had this tournament back then...Who knows?? He played on the freshman team as an 8th grader so I guess not... Because of how hard he worked combined with the god-given abilities he was given, he had a shot at eventually becoming all-state in both sports had he not been hit by a car an killed right before his sophmore year... Would he have been all-state?? Again, who knows?? Odds are, probably not because so few from our area, let alone one school, ever make the list... That's the reality...

To me, in every sport, at EVERY level up to professional we are adding more and more tournaments, bowls, etc to where everything is watered down... It's like little league all over again... Just give everybody a trophy and call it a day...

I really hope that this does not come across negatively because I don't mean to be... I wish every kid on every all-star team out there nothing but the best... My main message is to the parents... Enjoy your kids, let them BE kids, & realize that when it's all said and done the memories are the most important thing you take away from it all... I have at least 100 trophies/awards in my basement collecting dust... My memories of the joy of watching my kids play will never get dusty...
Definitely not an all-toutnament team... Leslie Co.'s Michael Smith only played one playoff game, and his film was not sent into the KYMSFA in time to make all-state.. His film did make the deadline for the All-Star team, and the rest is History.. East Defensive MVP, invite to Unlimited Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl...

KYMSFA is a wonderful organization... No-one has ever or will ever advance youth football more in this state, than this organization..
DEVIL58, I agree with the watered down issue, that is why the KYMSFA is trying to better the competition. No harm , no foul. You are still a dear friend to me and always. Even thou we may not see eye to eye on some things, I know your heart is in the right place. And yes alot parents need to listen to your words about enjoying the time. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year.
devil58 Wrote:Its a joke... Definitely some good players on the list but only a SMALL percentage of the middle school-aged football players in the state are represented...

I'm not knocking any of the kids who made the list... I'm sure they all can play... Just need to realize what it is... My guess is less than 10% of the kids listed on this all-state team will be on the all-state list when they are seniors in high school...

well it safe to say that cause some player move are injured or dont want to play or their season dont go their way i think the list is good it show kids who work hard get some respect
I Rule The World Wrote:Definitely not an all-toutnament team... Leslie Co.'s Michael Smith only played one playoff game, and his film was not sent into the KYMSFA in time to make all-state.. His film did make the deadline for the All-Star team, and the rest is History.. East Defensive MVP, invite to Unlimited Eastbay Youth All-American Bowl...

KYMSFA is a wonderful organization... No-one has ever or will ever advance youth football more in this state, than this organization..
He is big time player.
This All State thing will take time and work on all to work out. First of all the Coach needs to work on getting his players name out around the State.