Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All-State Players
Is there any news on any players who made allstate or nominations? If i remeber correctly they announced them last year at the playoff game?
Is the all-state selections for 8th grade only, or does it include 7th grade also?
Corbin had #70 Caleb Rollins, #36 Tanner Powers, #72 Ethan Wilson, #19 Dalton Anderson and #32 Kenny Hopper.
Where is the list?
Last year it was for seventh and eighth grade. Has anybody seen a website or a list. Wondering if anybody from meade county made it this year.
TY todd
all we saw took place at the ceremonies? Saturday night when the 12 man all-state teams were announced for all 3 8th grade divisions. I don'k know about 7th grade although I would hope they chose all-state team in that division like last year. What I am wondering about is what genius came up with the 12 man format for the all-state teams. It seems to me that a regular football team has 22 players with most positions having 2 players each(left and right tackles ect.) I can't really complain because my grandson was named all-state but there were at least 10 kids onin each division that were denied their rightful place on the all-state team. Why is this allowed to happen? Can't someone be found who knows enough about football to recognize the correct positions> Just courious!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Where is the list?
who knows?
Last year there were about 100 boys chosen to the all state team. In all positions. The 12 that were recognized as MVP's were just a small selection of the overall list.
How in the world could you pick a middle school all state team and even come close to getting it correct? Sounds like it was an all state tourny team when you have 4 or 5 players from Corbin.Im curious how many "all State players" were in Lexington last week playing in the tourny.
The only players I know of that made the All-State 8th Grade team that was from Lexington were Reese Ryan-QB, Sam Letton-TE, and Cameron Bailey-DT, all from Lexington Catholic. Actually, Cameron Bailey is probably a better OT than DT because that is what he concentrated on at FBU Camp and Top Gun.
havesomefun Wrote:How in the world could you pick a middle school all state team and even come close to getting it correct? Sounds like it was an all state tourny team when you have 4 or 5 players from Corbin.Im curious how many "all State players" were in Lexington last week playing in the tourny.
actually the all-state selection system is flawed... The kids selected are only the ones that were picked as MVP's in the state payoff game that they played in, not by they had done during the regular season. If that was the case my son( Kris Noble 5'10" 295lbs DT Jackson Co) would be on there, who did also attend the FBU camp this past may in Frankfort and was a Top Gun invite but didn't go due to major knee surgery(three screws to reset the knee cap), but is going to the national combine in San Antonio,TX during the weekend of the youth all-american game on the weekend of Jan 8-10
Jnoble Wrote:actually the all-state selection system is flawed... The kids selected are only the ones that were picked as MVP's in the state payoff game that they played in, not by they had done during the regular season. If that was the case my son( Kris Noble 5'10" 295lbs DT Jackson Co) would be on there, who did also attend the FBU camp this past may in Frankfort and was a Top Gun invite but didn't go due to major knee surgery(three screws to reset the knee cap), but is going to the national combine in San Antonio,TX during the weekend of the youth all-american game on the weekend of Jan 8-10
Congratulations on your son going to the Combine in Texas. Sorry to hear about his injury. Sounds like he is a beast of a player and is going to do great things for his High School Team.
Jnoble Wrote:actually the all-state selection system is flawed... The kids selected are only the ones that were picked as MVP's in the state payoff game that they played in, not by they had done during the regular season. If that was the case my son( Kris Noble 5'10" 295lbs DT Jackson Co) would be on there, who did also attend the FBU camp this past may in Frankfort and was a Top Gun invite but didn't go due to major knee surgery(three screws to reset the knee cap), but is going to the national combine in San Antonio,TX during the weekend of the youth all-american game on the weekend of Jan 8-10

Wasn't your son out most of the season due to his knee injury?

Yes it is very flawed I will agee.So essentially you had 7 or 8 players on an all state team from Corbin and Lex Cath the 2 teams that were in the finals I think? It sounds more like they are picking an all tourny team.Another question as a rising freshman why would you send your son to a combine in San Antonio Texas? Its not the JR SR combine that is watched by rivals and scout.You would do your son a better job of promoting him if you got yourself in school camps(colleges) That way they can see your boy and you can start building relationships with people that can do him some good.The guys at these FBU combines are miiddle school coaches,dont let them tell you any different They get a free shirt and are able to get an ego boost by being around it..Next season when he has a year of high school under his belt then he may start looking at a couple different combines to help promote him.This combine and recruiting is no more than a money racket at your sons age.You can spend a enough money to pay your son through college trying to get a scholarship and believe me when I tell you he is to young right now.
CSB13 Wrote:Congratulations on your son going to the Combine in Texas. Sorry to hear about his injury. Sounds like he is a beast of a player and is going to do great things for his High School Team.
Thanks for the comments..
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Wasn't your son out most of the season due to his knee injury?
Actually he played every game this season. He was cleared to play 2 days before the first game. We brought him back slowly. Our first four game were blow outs and after we got up by 20pts we took him out.
havesomefun Wrote:Yes it is very flawed I will agee.So essentially you had 7 or 8 players on an all state team from Corbin and Lex Cath the 2 teams that were in the finals I think? It sounds more like they are picking an all tourny team.Another question as a rising freshman why would you send your son to a combine in San Antonio Texas? Its not the JR SR combine that is watched by rivals and scout.You would do your son a better job of promoting him if you got yourself in school camps(colleges) That way they can see your boy and you can start building relationships with people that can do him some good.The guys at these FBU combines are miiddle school coaches,dont let them tell you any different They get a free shirt and are able to get an ego boost by being around it..Next season when he has a year of high school under his belt then he may start looking at a couple different combines to help promote him.This combine and recruiting is no more than a money racket at your sons age.You can spend a enough money to pay your son through college trying to get a scholarship and believe me when I tell you he is to young right now.
We got a chance to play Corbin in the 7th grade state tourney last year. Those 7-8 players are no doubt the top 3-4 players in the state at their respected positions. So with that being said they are deserving of being all-state players. Yes I do agree with you that this is more like an all tournament team. All the question that you are asking this year is what I was asking last year.
Yes I aslo agree that most of these combines and camps at my sons age are money rackets, but from my experience with the FBU camp that came to Frankfort my son was coached by former NFL player Chris Slade who had a fine career with New England and did a great job with kids. With the knee injury I was unable to send my son to any college teams camps, but do have some in mind this coming year
I disagree with how the All-State players were chosen. There was only ONE player from Williamsburg, #14 Skyler Griffith, while we won the state championship game 44-8. Seems a little flawed to me, and I don't even play football..
todd1492 Wrote:Is there any news on any players who made allstate or nominations? If i remeber correctly they announced them last year at the playoff game?

:Thumbs: Jarredd Jarrell from ADAMS was all state , congrats. from his family, and congrats to everyone else who made this team ....:Clap:
WAY TO GO JARED JARRELL! I am very proud of you and you definitely deserve it. Although this is a great honor don't forget to enjoy the experience. :Clap: To all the players from the 'Big Sandy' that made this team: Be proud of your accomplishment and have fun. :rockon:
Is there a link to the list?
blaccat 89 Wrote:WAY TO GO JARED JARRELL! I am very proud of you and you definitely deserve it. Although this is a great honor don't forget to enjoy the experience. :Clap: To all the players from the 'Big Sandy' that made this team: Be proud of your accomplishment and have fun. :rockon:

Great Kid and Great Player To Coach! Congrats Jarredd!
What exactly do this mean? My son Corey Fields JCMS won this and I dont know anything about this.All new to me!
countrygirl,
It means that your son has been recognized as one of the top 7th grade players in the state of Kentucky. It's a huge honor and the coaches and players from over in Letcher County would like to congratulate Corey on his achievements. Be very proud of your son because someone making an all-state team doesn't come around very often.

Coach Howard
Letcher County Central
Coach Howard Wrote:countrygirl,
It means that your son has been recognized as one of the top 7th grade players in the state of Kentucky. It's a huge honor and the coaches and players from over in Letcher County would like to congratulate Corey on his achievements. Be very proud of your son because someone making an all-state team doesn't come around very often.

Coach Howard
Letcher County Central

Well said.
Malik Manica #44 is definitely one of the most exciting RB coming back for the 2011 season, He's been playing varsity since the 6th grade... not to mention on a powerhouse team, Anderson Mustangs we're coming back 4 revenge!!!!!
We shall see you next fall.
BrandonManica502 Wrote:Malik Manica #44 is definitely one of the most exciting RB coming back for the 2011 season, He's been playing varsity since the 6th grade... not to mention on a powerhouse team, Anderson Mustangs we're coming back 4 revenge!!!!!

Varsity for the middle school team?
The All State Team was chosen based on their play during the state tournament. The all star team was based on the entire body of work and highlight films. Each team is allowed only five players, which to some may seem like too many but I think it is not enough. I know from our team that we could have easily had 2-3 more players make the all star game. I know that we had 4 players make the All state team and one that was selected as an all star and we have three or four more that are deserving. In things like this you will never please everyone.

BTW Knox's all state players were Jotham Hale DL, Corey Owens DE, Trent Tuttle TE, and Kendall Frost OL.

Hayden Canady was selected as a FB for the All Star Game this weekend as well.

The reason they only choose 12-13 players from each division is to allow for more players from teams who didnt make the playoffs or who had early exits to get a chance. All of these things like the playoffs and all star games are not perfect but their are a lot of volunteers who give up their time make all of this possible so it could be so much worse. I think they do a fine job and I hope it continues to grow and get better.