Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP}
voljacketfan Wrote:8th, He is a very dominating player on both sides. You agree?

probably the best lineman at the tournament.
Newjacket Wrote:I too would have liked to see both teams at full strength and with a week off to prepare. Had the makings of a fantastic game. We were pretty beat up ourselves. Did you see the kid on the sidelines with crutches. He was actually our best fullback. Carried the whole team to victory in the game he was hurt at Middlesboro. #44, #68 and #70 all played hurt as well. As for the officiating, well the 2nd half was called pretty good after our coaches got on to the refs. We have 9 players that never come out of the game and coach pointed out these kids aren't stupid. They can see the other team doing the same thing we were getting called for and it not being called a penalty. Not at all saying the calls were bad, I could see most of them from the stands and they were good calls for the most part, just not being called on the other team. Sour grapes I guess, but we overcame our mistakes so no use worrying about it now. Please don't think I am saying anything bad about Raceland or that the officials were doing anything on purpose, just think its another case of us being the outsider that no one thought could compete. We weren't suppose to be this good so we must be doing something to get an advantage.

We flat out ran into a buzzsaw PERIOD. Not making any excuses for the little rams. You play with what you have at this time of the year. Just would have like to see another week off to prepare and both teams at full go. As for Sunday.....We got whipped....PERIOD.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Stats and videos were submitted. You can see and watch them on Youtube right now. I'm sorry, no offense to any other D3 players that made it, but these boys were robbed. I'm sorry you can't win the D3 championship handily, beat the D1 champion (Southern) and give the D2 champion (Corbin) the best game of the year and only have 1 all-state player. It comes down to either negligence or lack of respect, pick or choose. Its hard to argue with that.

Chris Helton

Chase Lowrie

Michael Dylan Rose

Corey Shelton

I just watched those Utube videos and I have to admit that I'm impressed. Maybe the best thing for the KMSFA to do next year is to pick an all tournament team in stead of all state because it is an impossible job for them to really get to know all the kids in the state. IF they want to also pick an All state team it might be a better idea not to anounce them at the semis and maybe inform them in a differernt manner.
Great game Williamsburg, Great playing kids, great athletes and you guys can play ball, The RAMS did not pull it off, but we are still proud of them.
First off, Williamsburg is the Div 3 STATE CHAMPS!!!!
Second, we might see you guys again real soon, we are in opposite regions in the high school level and we can see each other again... WOW, it was a good game...
knighted Wrote:I just watched those Utube videos and I have to admit that I'm impressed. Maybe the best thing for the KMSFA to do next year is to pick an all tournament team in stead of all state because it is an impossible job for them to really get to know all the kids in the state. IF they want to also pick an All state team it might be a better idea not to anounce them at the semis and maybe inform them in a differernt manner.

Sounds like a solution to a flawed process.:Clap:
The only real fix for these kids is put them in the game next years fix won't help these kids. Let them replace all of the kids that r injured and can't compete
buzz Wrote:Knighted I can tell you we jumped through all the proper hoops with film and stats and they all had very impressive stats and great video but the bottom line is there wasn't a better qb than ours 14 or our tailback 22 or our main reciever 23 or our fb 44 and our lineman and the bad thing wasn't anybody anybetter in the positions that they played on defense and as far as that goes 44 could have been all state in 4 differant positions on defense and they all got over looked for the in crowd but that's fine we came to Lexington for one thing and I'm pretty sure it rode the bus all the home with us. Ask anybody that was there or just watch it on the website those guys know what a allstate player looks like. They want to have a allstar game but it won't have all of the allstars there
Watched the four youtube videos yeah those are good. The QB #14 is the real deal. He killed us when we played. Im from Jackson Co and we were in some of those highlights. I did notcie that #59 DT Kris Noble for Jackson Co (Maroon team) was in the backfield alot by blowing through your line. On the 4th video at aroud the 3:15 mark it shows him being triple teamed. I do believe that, which I kept stats for Jackson Co, #59 had 11 tackles that game. On another note Congrats to Williamsburg on winning the D3 state title. Its aa once in a lifetime experience for the players that they never forget.
Jnoble Wrote:Watched the four youtube videos yeah those are good. The QB #14 is the real deal. He killed us when we played. Im from Jackson Co and we were in some of those highlights. I did notcie that #59 DT Kris Noble for Jackson Co (Maroon team) was in the backfield alot by blowing through your line. On the 4th video at aroud the 3:15 mark it shows him being triple teamed. I do believe that, which I kept stats for Jackson Co, #59 had 11 tackles that game. On another note Congrats to Williamsburg on winning the D3 state title. Its aa once in a lifetime experience for the players that they never forget.

I know for a fact that #59 was never triple teamed nore double teamed. Also he never just blew threw the line. I actually never even knew about him till I saw your post about the game on here.
My view is that it seems unfair that the teams we beat easily (Russelville, Raceland) had many players selected from their teams. It's not one player who wins the state championship game 44-8. However, that's the important thing. We're State Champs in Williamsburg!
Once again I say Congrats to Williamsburg for their win, and after somebody else posts something about them winning, I will post again, GREAT JOB WILLIAMSBURG!
No matter how many kids were selected, no matter how many kids were injured, no matter how many teams won or lost-WILLIAMSBURG ARE THE 2010 DIVISION 3 STATE CHAMPS!
CONGRATS TO THE YELLOWJACKETS ON A GREAT GAME!
They have a great bunch of kids and played hands down better than the RAMS on Sunday for the Championship.
Ram-Fan Wrote:Once again I say Congrats to Williamsburg for their win, and after somebody else posts something about them winning, I will post again, GREAT JOB WILLIAMSBURG!
No matter how many kids were selected, no matter how many kids were injured, no matter how many teams won or lost-WILLIAMSBURG ARE THE 2010 DIVISION 3 STATE CHAMPS!
CONGRATS TO THE YELLOWJACKETS ON A GREAT GAME!
They have a great bunch of kids and played hands down better than the RAMS on Sunday for the Championship.

I don't think anyone is saying anything negative about Raceland. We have just been the underdogs for so long we are still a little sensitive about being overlooked on the all star team. Again, this is just a natural bias by the voters. Corbin only had one player on the 7th grade team last year, but after winning the title last year they came back with several players on this years team. The voters vote for who they have heard of. I'm sure if we have a good team we will get votes next year, but that will be too late for the 8th graders. According to posters on this site we were supposed to lose every game. Jackson Co was so upset about losing to us they refused to concede and put in their 2nd string when we led 42-8 after 3rd quarter. They played their starters against our 2nd string and then get on here and brag about how many tackles they had and this big comeback they made. All we get are excuses about why they lost and never once admitting they lost to a better team. The same can be said about almost every other team we played. Everyone either says they overlooked us and didn't play their "A" game or so and so was hurt or whatever excuse they want to make. Bottom line is we were the best D3 team this year regardless of any excuse and it's time everyone wake up and realize it. Sorry for getting on my soapbox this morning.
Not making any excuses, you gotta play with what you got. Sunday we got beat. But we did have our starting QB #9 out, injured the week before at Paris, 2 starting LB were out on Defense, one with shoulder surgery, and the other because a kid got him into a fight at school to try to get his spot and he had to sit out a game, the other kid in the fight never got on the field either. #1 has been on crutches since the game after taking a shot on the ankle in the first quarter. #5 had knee,leg injury in the second quarter.

Not making any excuses, ever! Williamsburg won that game Sunday. Not making any excuses at all, AND I understand about soap boxes my friend.
We play in a conference with East Carter, Boyd Co, Greenup Co all Div1 schools, West Carter, Lawrence County, Ashland-Verity Div2 schools. We are the only Div3 school that plays KYMSFA in our area, so we know what it is like to play as underdogs.
Once again I say congrats to Williamsburg who won that game Sunday to be State Champions!! Congrats to the often overlooked, often under estimated JACKETS. I sing your praises.
Played a great game, and no excuses from this side of the state..... Would like to play you guys again,,, but just to play the game.
Ram-Fan Wrote:Not making any excuses, you gotta play with what you got. Sunday we got beat. But we did have our starting QB #9 out, injured the week before at Paris, 2 starting LB were out on Defense, one with shoulder surgery, and the other because a kid got him into a fight at school to try to get his spot and he had to sit out a game, the other kid in the fight never got on the field either. #1 has been on crutches since the game after taking a shot on the ankle in the first quarter. #5 had knee,leg injury in the second quarter.

Not making any excuses, ever! Williamsburg won that game Sunday. Not making any excuses at all, AND I understand about soap boxes my friend.
We play in a conference with East Carter, Boyd Co, Greenup Co all Div1 schools, West Carter, Lawrence County, Ashland-Verity Div2 schools. We are the only Div3 school that plays KYMSFA in our area, so we know what it is like to play as underdogs.
Once again I say congrats to Williamsburg who won that game Sunday to be State Champions!! Congrats to the often overlooked, often under estimated JACKETS. I sing your praises.
Played a great game, and no excuses from this side of the state..... Would like to play you guys again,,, but just to play the game.

I understand your not making excuse's but we didn't have a pancake schedule either we played the division 1 state champs and division 2 state champs beating south Pulaski and only teams we played division 3 where conference ... so don't through a you had a ruff schedule cuz ... pretty sure ares was harder playing 2 STATE CHAMPIONS .... Also one of are best players was out #13 the 6/2 180 pound kid who on his last game rushed for over a hundred yards....... also with 44 playing with a broke thumb ... just saying we played hurt to .... Also I watched # 1 never even limped till he got tackled by 44 (playing hurt as well) when # 1 was playing QB in the third after the game was out of reach ... Smile Just saying
When you try to compliment a team on their fantastic accomplishments, it never fails to have someone not take it the right way.
CONGRATS WILLIAMSBURG ON A GREAT WIN AND PLAYING A GREAT SCHEDULE TO GET THERE, BEATING ONE OF 2 STATE CHAMPIONS IN THE PROCESS! A feat that none other than the JACKETS can say. EVEN once again I say CONGRATS!

Hopefully see you guys NEXT friday in the high school playoffs, Beat FAIRVIEW this week!!
Ram-Fan Wrote:When you try to compliment a team on their fantastic accomplishments, it never fails to have someone not take it the right way.
CONGRATS WILLIAMSBURG ON A GREAT WIN AND PLAYING A GREAT SCHEDULE TO GET THERE, BEATING ONE OF 2 STATE CHAMPIONS IN THE PROCESS! A feat that none other than the JACKETS can say. EVEN once again I say CONGRATS!

Hopefully see you guys NEXT friday in the high school playoffs, Beat FAIRVIEW this week!!

I'm pretty sure Corbin can lay claim to that feat.
Ram-Fan Wrote:When you try to compliment a team on their fantastic accomplishments, it never fails to have someone not take it the right way.

I would love to see that match up at the High School Level. With that good luck with LCA and good luck to the Jackets against the Eagles.
Noble, thanks for the LUCK wishing. We do have to face the LCA team again, and hopefully the end will result in a more pleasant outcome than the last game. Good luck Williamsburg with Fairview, they are a very nice team also. Their fullback is brute and is strong as an OX, very good kid too. He is a good kid but when he is on the field, he is nothing but business. Fairview has speed on the outside and HIM in between the tackles.
Ram-Fan Wrote:Noble, thanks for the LUCK wishing. We do have to face the LCA team again, and hopefully the end will result in a more pleasant outcome than the last game. Good luck Williamsburg with Fairview, they are a very nice team also. Their fullback is brute and is strong as an OX, very good kid too. He is a good kid but when he is on the field, he is nothing but business. Fairview has speed on the outside and HIM in between the tackles.

Thanks and good luck to the Rams as well. Don't know how realistic our chances are this weekend but a rematch on the high school level would be nice.
Newjacket Wrote:Thanks and good luck to the Rams as well. Don't know how realistic our chances are this weekend but a rematch on the high school level would be nice.

I just pick the Orange-Black team to win.! Can not go wrong with that pick now can you.
Williamsburg has a great bunch, very coachable, good kids all around!