Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg 44 Raceland 8 {STATE CHAMPIONSHIP}
Williamsburg rolls to 44-8 win.
Great game Jackets!!! STATE CHAMPS BABY!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!
Great game for Williamsburg. They are by far the best D3 school in the state and only one all-state player.... Shame on the KYMSFA. I don't know who picks them, but that's awful. No respect!
Old_Jacket Wrote:Great game for Williamsburg. They are by far the best D3 school in the state and only one all-state player.... Shame on the KYMSFA. I don't know who picks them, but that's awful. No respect!

Yeah Old Jacket, I agree. I knew after the awards ceremony that they had just given our team all the incentive they needed. Everyone knows that Skylar is a special player, but Michael, Chase, Corey and Chris are pretty special theirselves, just to name a few. I don't know how many times I heard Raceland players awarded. Maybe next year they'll pay a little more attention to this little school in the south.
I didn't see the awards, had to get back to work, a two and half hr. drive. Raceland is also a very small school so I don't know where the rudeness towards them comes from, I don't think Raceland picked who got awards! Williamsburg from what I watched today has a lot of talent for sure, great looking team. If it wasn't for all the holding calls the score would have got out of hand very early. They were way to big and physical for that kind of play, but, young kids will make you pull your hair out at times for silly mistakes. Congrats to you guys.
Congratulations Williamsburg!
Newjacket Wrote:Yeah Old Jacket, I agree. I knew after the awards ceremony that they had just given our team all the incentive they needed. Everyone knows that Skylar is a special player, but Michael, Chase, Corey and Chris are pretty special theirselves, just to name a few. I don't know how many times I heard Raceland players awarded. Maybe next year they'll pay a little more attention to this little school in the south.

Just because Williamsburg won the D3 state doesn't mean they have 4 all state players. The All state selections are not the same thing as all tournament team. They pick only 13 players in the entire state for each division even tho there are 22 positions to be filled. 1 Saftey 1 RB 1 LB 1 OF 1WR 1 TE ,etc. If Williamsburg had lost the first game against Cumberland then Skylar would of still been the only All state selection.
that's right Wrote:I didn't see the awards, had to get back to work, a two and half hr. drive. Raceland is also a very small school so I don't know where the rudeness towards them comes from, I don't think Raceland picked who got awards! Williamsburg from what I watched today has a lot of talent for sure, great looking team. If it wasn't for all the holding calls the score would have got out of hand very early. They were way to big and physical for that kind of play, but, young kids will make you pull your hair out at times for silly mistakes. Congrats to you guys.

No rudeness or disrespect meant toward Raceland or their players and fans. Just saying that for a team that finished 15-1 and won the state championship, we were shown a lot of disrespect by the people that voted for the all state team. It takes more than one great player to accomplish what we did the year.
knighted Wrote:Just because Williamsburg won the D3 state doesn't mean they have 4 all state players. The All state selections are not the same thing as all tournament team. They pick only 13 players in the entire state for each division even tho there are 22 positions to be filled. 1 Saftey 1 RB 1 LB 1 OF 1WR 1 TE ,etc. If Williamsburg had lost the first game against Cumberland then Skylar would of still been the only All state selection.

Exactly, no respect. How many did Catholic have? 3 or 4?
Old_Jacket Wrote:Eaxactly, no respect. How many did Catholic have? 3 or 4?

Catholic had 3 but it had nothing to do with Catholic making it to the finals. Did the Williamsburg coaches submit video on all of the Williamsburg players that your coach nominated? Stats?
knighted Wrote:Catholic had 3 but it had nothing to do with Catholic making it to the finals. Did the Williamsburg coaches submit video on all of the Williamsburg players that your coach nominated? Stats?

Can't honestly say what the coach did or didn't do, but hard to imagine that Skylar was the only player he nominated.
Newjacket Wrote:Can't honestly say what the coach did or didn't do, but hard to imagine that Skylar was the only player he nominated.

Hey, I dont disagree with you on this one. Williamsburg has some other very good players but unless your coach put together a highlight dvd (10 plays) then its hard to get selected unless you have a big name like Reese ....oops I mean Skylar does. I'm sure as good as your team is there were some kids that got over looked but still the highlights dvd needed to be submitted.
knighted Wrote:Catholic had 3 but it had nothing to do with Catholic making it to the finals. Did the Williamsburg coaches submit video on all of the Williamsburg players that your coach nominated? Stats?

Stats and videos were submitted. You can see and watch them on Youtube right now. I'm sorry, no offense to any other D3 players that made it, but these boys were robbed. I'm sorry you can't win the D3 championship handily, beat the D1 champion (Southern) and give the D2 champion (Corbin) the best game of the year and only have 1 all-state player. It comes down to either negligence or lack of respect, pick or choose. Its hard to argue with that.

Chris Helton
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4_Qg3Yt3jE"]YouTube - Chris Helton #63 OT/DT Williamsburg Middle[/nomedia]

Chase Lowrie
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvcIzZ5C_m4"]YouTube - Chase Lowrie #21 FB/WR 8th grade Williamsburg Middle 2010[/nomedia]

Michael Dylan Rose
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_r4u8P192g"]YouTube - Michael Dylan Rose #44 2010 WMS 8th grade[/nomedia]

Corey Shelton
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHOHwFo1DtU"]YouTube - Corey Shelton #23 WR/DB Williamsburg Middle[/nomedia]
Knighted I can tell you we jumped through all the proper hoops with film and stats and they all had very impressive stats and great video but the bottom line is there wasn't a better qb than ours 14 or our tailback 22 or our main reciever 23 or our fb 44 and our lineman and the bad thing wasn't anybody anybetter in the positions that they played on defense and as far as that goes 44 could have been all state in 4 differant positions on defense and they all got over looked for the in crowd but that's fine we came to Lexington for one thing and I'm pretty sure it rode the bus all the home with us. Ask anybody that was there or just watch it on the website those guys know what a allstate player looks like. They want to have a allstar game but it won't have all of the allstars there
Did you see the game today? That was Michael Dylan playing with and injured hand dominating on defense. Just rewatched the game on CKYSPORTS and they couldn't believe he wasn't an all state performer either. This game wasn't a fluke, he has been doing it for two years now. Chase had over a hundred yards rushing in both games this weekend. Probably the tourament MVP in my opinion. Corey was the best receiver in the entire tournament and again the announcers even stated this. Chris dominated the line on both sides of the ball. Again, these kids have done this all year, not just this weekend. It comes down to the voters being more familiar with the kids from the schools that are good every year and have played in the tournament before. We were the smallest school in the tournament and they didn't expect us to be this good. Sad part is these eighth graders are a special group and we won't see their like again for several years. We will be good next year and I think for the next several years, but probably not this good.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Great game for Williamsburg. They are by far the best D3 school in the state and only one all-state player.... Shame on the KYMSFA. I don't know who picks them, but that's awful. No respect!

Not totally sure, but I don't think all of the All-State players have been announced. I understand your displeasure, as it seems as if the "mountain" schools aren't represented well on these teams. Pretty sure last year Corbin only had 2 on there 7th grade state championship team while other schools had 5-6.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Not totally sure, but I don't think all of the All-State players have been announced. I understand your displeasure, as it seems as if the "mountain" schools aren't represented well on these teams. Pretty sure last year Corbin only had 2 on there 7th grade state championship team while other schools had 5-6.

I hope you are right. I believe Corbin had at least 3 players announced as making the team. Despite what it seems some Corbin fans think from another thread, I have no ill will toward Corbin and think they were all very deserving of their awards. I know several people that attended Corbin and some of them have children at Corbin now. How would we go about getting some mountain coaches on this board that makes these decisions?
Congrats WILLIAMSBURG
Congrats to Williamsburg. The little Rams Just didn"t have enough left in the tank After a hard fought win against an absolutely huge frankfort team the day before.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Congrats to Williamsburg. The little Rams Just didn"t have enough left in the tank After a hard fought win against an absolutely huge frankfort team the day before.

Raceland is the second best team in D3 hands down. We also played two games in two days, but our boys and coaches have been disrespected all year so do not take offense. We have had very questionable called game and this one started the same way. I did not see 8 all-state players on your team, but the fans are the best. Thanks and see you next year?:1:
We didn't have 8 we had 5. I would have liked to seen this game with both teams at full strength. We had 4 starting players out of that game yesterday for various reasons. Not having our QB really hurt us because we had to take our best playmaker and put him at QB. The game was officiated pretty well yesterday....I thought. Bottom line is.....We ran into a buzzsaw yesterday.
If you don't think the snubs played a factor in this game, just read the local paper. Coach is quoted saying these kids had something to prove after being snubbed and went out there and showed everyone who the best players in the state were.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We didn't have 8 we had 5. I would have liked to seen this game with both teams at full strength. We had 4 starting players out of that game yesterday for various reasons. Not having our QB really hurt us because we had to take our best playmaker and put him at QB. The game was officiated pretty well yesterday....I thought. Bottom line is.....We ran into a buzzsaw yesterday.

I wish them the best. Yes, Williamsburg was on a mission. We have so few players, that some play hurt. I don't like it, but how can you stop an 8th grader from playing for a championship. We had 5 play makers, our offensive line. :Thumbs::1:
voljacketfan Wrote:I wish them the best. Yes, Williamsburg was on a mission. We have so few players, that some play hurt. I don't like it, but how can you stop an 8th grader from playing for a championship. We had 5 play makers, our offensive line. :Thumbs::1:

I will agree with that. Thats where the game was won. Your front line was excellent. Those were your all staters.
[quote=Newjacket]Did you see the game today? That was Michael Dylan playing with and injured hand dominating on defense. Just rewatched the game on CKYSPORTS and they couldn't believe he wasn't an all state performer either. This game wasn't a fluke, he has been doing it for two years now. Chase had over a hundred yards rushing in both games this weekend. Probably the tourament MVP in my opinion. Corey was the best receiver in the entire tournament and again the announcers even stated this. Chris dominated the line on both sides of the ball. Again, these kids have done this all year, not just this weekend. It comes down to the voters being more familiar with the kids from the schools that are good every year and have played in the tournament before. We were the smallest school in the tournament and they didn't expect us to be this good. Sad part is these eighth graders are a special group and we won't see their like again for several years. We will be good next year and I think for the next several years, but probably not this good.[/QUOTE

I know that the other teams don't pick the All-State teams but I do know that we our boys were shafted. I am not trying to take anything away from the boys from any other teams but there were schools who had 4-5 players on the All State Team. If you haven't you should watch the game online and listen to what the impartial commentators had to say about our boys and how they were All State players. It doesn't take much to see that these boys are great players and play with a lot of heart. It says a lot about our boys when they can make plays and carry defenders down the field with them. You are right Michael Dylan was playing with possible a broken thumb for the second half of the game on Saturday and the whole game on Sunday but that didn't stop him from making great plays. We are very proud of our boys and know that they deserve to be All State players.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I will agree with that. Thats where the game was won. Your front line was excellent. Those were your all staters.

Four of them are seventh graders, They had to grow-up to play at the level that was required to win.
What grade was 64 in?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:What grade was 64 in?

8th, He is a very dominating player on both sides. You agree?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:We didn't have 8 we had 5. I would have liked to seen this game with both teams at full strength. We had 4 starting players out of that game yesterday for various reasons. Not having our QB really hurt us because we had to take our best playmaker and put him at QB. The game was officiated pretty well yesterday....I thought. Bottom line is.....We ran into a buzzsaw yesterday.

I too would have liked to see both teams at full strength and with a week off to prepare. Had the makings of a fantastic game. We were pretty beat up ourselves. Did you see the kid on the sidelines with crutches. He was actually our best fullback. Carried the whole team to victory in the game he was hurt at Middlesboro. #44, #68 and #70 all played hurt as well. As for the officiating, well the 2nd half was called pretty good after our coaches got on to the refs. We have 9 players that never come out of the game and coach pointed out these kids aren't stupid. They can see the other team doing the same thing we were getting called for and it not being called a penalty. Not at all saying the calls were bad, I could see most of them from the stands and they were good calls for the most part, just not being called on the other team. Sour grapes I guess, but we overcame our mistakes so no use worrying about it now. Please don't think I am saying anything bad about Raceland or that the officials were doing anything on purpose, just think its another case of us being the outsider that no one thought could compete. We weren't suppose to be this good so we must be doing something to get an advantage.