Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship)
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:I hope in about 3 years you guys Are in the Semi State or state finals because Raceland will be there. Revenge will be on our minds. You guys never get thet far in highschool though.

Raceland has never made it to the finals I know and I dont think semifinals.
papawron Wrote:that's ok wburg we all realize that you are new to success but Vince Lombardi said it best wen he told Donnie Anderson after a touchdown dance; "Act like you have been there before"

You want us to act like we've been there before? You've been on every thread on this site for the past hour trash talking everyone about everything.
w'burg jacket mom Wrote:Great job Williamsburg and Corbin on your wins this week-end and if you take out all the grown-ups and take a look around you would have seen that the kids from williamsburg and corbin were rooting each other on and supporting each other and thats all that matters why try to make it about anything else the past is the past and it was a great season on both teams part and yes they both are great ball teams, the kids did all the work so let it be what it is 2 state champs! great job jackets and redhounds

:Thumbs:Congrats to both teams, as well as to Knox and North Laurel on great seasons.
Jacketpride Wrote:Redhound you must not know alot about football so let me make it more clear to you .....We will just base it on facts ....... Was Lexington Catholic ever ahead of Corbin? Who held Corbin to the least amount of points? who had more overall yards against them? Answer those three questions and you'll have who gave them the better game. Knighted I'm glade you've said good things about us this year but don't get upset that when someone says Williamsburg played better against Corbin... As for Corbin they have an unbelievable team and I know they weren't routing against us Well at least there team and coaches weren't. Also newjacket when saying he would like to see the 3 state champs play each other was referring to what was said at on ckysports broadcast at the end of the South Pulaski game.

Side note: ckysports.com you can watch all the games from this weekend with commentary.

I guess the Kentucky Wildcats should be ranked #2 behind Auburn.
Old Redhound Wrote:I guess the Kentucky Wildcats should be ranked #2 behind Auburn.

Huh?
Didnt get a chance to watch the Catholic middle school play this season sounds like they had a great year.I was wondering what the 7th grade team did and what players will play key roles for them next year?
knighted Wrote:NO no no./ What redhound93 said was that Lex Cath was the BEST TEAM "BY FAR" THAT THEY HAVE PLAYED THIS YEAR. trying to use the point total as a basis to see which team is the best is horse hockey. I mean heck we beat Henry co. by 2 and Henry beat Farnsley by 20 but that doens't mean that we are 32 points better than Knox Co. Heck it doesn't even mean we are better than Knox co. at all. Maybe Knox had a bad game. Don't take the bait guys. I'm just having fun with you. I enjoyed watching every game played this weekend. Every team deserved to be there.
I was talking overall talent. Lex Cath. was the best team that had the best overall talent that Corbin played this year. IMO
redhound93 Wrote:I was talking overall talent. Lex Cath. was the best team that had the best overall talent that Corbin played this year. IMO

Not really .... Idk how you would say that .... they have a good QB ... Willimasburg has a better one ... They do have a very tall wide receiver but hes not better then Corey Shelton #23 from Williamsburg .... they had a better TE and that's only because number Andrew Griffith #13 from Williamsburg has a torn ACL ....... the only place really where they where better was the line ....... and you didn't say talented you said the best team .... so ... I believe if you added all those things up Willimasburg was better ... And how you ever made some sort of comparison with the UK Alburn thing with us and Catholic is completely up surd ..... I'm pretty sure no one knew what you ment by that which also helped back up the fact you do not have that much knowledge about football which is fine because you can always learn Smile !
IMO...... Its hard to say who is better until they play each other.....IMO
First, redhound93 didn't mention UK/Auburn. Which means there is several stupid Redhounds out here. The point is - Would Auburn say that UK was the best team they have played this year? Auburn only 2 seconds and a field goal better. My guess is not Cam Newton nor would any other Auburn Tiger player or fan say that.

And the comment about Big Brother/Little Brother --- SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!
Old Redhound Wrote:First, redhound93 didn't mention UK/Auburn. Which means there is several stupid Redhounds out here. The point is - Would Auburn say that UK was the best team they have played this year? Auburn only 2 seconds and a field goal better. My guess is not Cam Newton nor would any other Auburn Tiger player or fan say that.

You're right about the big brother little brother comment. It's more like the Rich Neighbor vs the Poor Neighbor.

Confusedhh:
Old Redhound Wrote:First, redhound93 didn't mention UK/Auburn. Which means there is several stupid Redhounds out here. The point is - Would Auburn say that UK was the best team they have played this year? Auburn only 2 seconds and a field goal better. My guess is not Cam Newton nor would any other Auburn Tiger player or fan say that.

If that was KY's only loss than I believe you could make that claim. Corbin was our only loss. Would you rather lose your only game to a state champion or to a team that didn't even bother finishing the tournament. By my reckoning, Corbin is the only state champ that lost to a team that wasn't also a state champ.
Jacketpride Wrote:Not really .... Idk how you would say that .... they have a good QB ... Willimasburg has a better one ... They do have a very tall wide receiver but hes not better then Corey Shelton #23 from Williamsburg .... they had a better TE and that's only because number Andrew Griffith #13 from Williamsburg has a torn ACL ....... the only place really where they where better was the line ....... and you didn't say talented you said the best team .... so ... I believe if you added all those things up Willimasburg was better ... And how you ever made some sort of comparison with the UK Alburn thing with us and Catholic is completely up surd ..... I'm pretty sure no one knew what you ment by that which also helped back up the fact you do not have that much knowledge about football which is fine because you can always learn Smile !
How do you add up statements w/o anything concrete to back them up? Everything you used as "proof" is just your opinion. Everyone but you understood the UK-Auburn correlation. Stupid?-- UP SURD??? The word is ABsurd. Look it up.
Newjacket Wrote:If that was KY's only loss than I believe you could make that claim. Corbin was our only loss. Would you rather lose your only game to a state champion or to a team that didn't even bother finishing the tournament. By my reckoning, Corbin is the only state champ that lost to a team that wasn't also a state champ.

It was my understanding (told to me by a Williamsburg policeman) that Harlan Co was not allowed in the tournament due to several rules infractions (over age players & illegal offficials are the two mentioned that I remember). It' tough to finish something when you are banned. We wanted them again--BAD w/o the distractions we had the couple of days before we played them. We KNOW tthe result would be different
papawron Wrote:It was my understanding (told to me by a Williamsburg policeman) that Harlan Co was not allowed in the tournament due to several rules infractions (over age players & illegal offficials are the two mentioned that I remember). It' tough to finish something when you are banned. We wanted them again--BAD w/o the distractions we had the couple of days before we played them. We KNOW tthe result would be different

Finally, someone understands what we have been saying all along. You would like a rematch against the only team that beat you and so would we. Thats all we have ever said. And again, at least we lost to a state champion In a higher division than us. We were supposed to lose our game.
Boys did I hear correctly that most if not all of this team has been held back?.I personally dont have a problem with holding a kid back(at all).Now the problem is I would bet that most of these kids are full growed lol.Better check that arm pit hair before you start talking about what great players they will be in high school.I saw a boy sitting the pines as a senior at Lex Cath in baseball that was one of the best little league baseball players I ever saw!
havesomefun Wrote:Boys did I hear correctly that most if not all of this team has been held back?.I personally dont have a problem with holding a kid back(at all).Now the problem is I would bet that most of these kids are full growed lol.Better check that arm pit hair before you start talking about what great players they will be in high school.I saw a boy sitting the pines as a senior at Lex Cath in baseball that was one of the best little league baseball players I ever saw!
Im talking about theCcorbin team.I herd some of those kids had beards that would make me jealous,which ones were they?
havesomefun Wrote:Im talking about theCcorbin team.I herd some of those kids had beards that would make me jealous,which ones were they?

None of the players on Corbin had any facial hair. However, I'm sure you would be jealous of these 14 year old kids, because they already have more skill and athletic ability than some varsity athletes.
I have sat back and read these threads between corbin and williamsburg and who the better game was and so on and etc.....bottom line - anytime a team only loses one or maybe two games you always want that game back somehow to undefeat your season. Corbin would love i'm sure to get back the game with harlan or have a rematch but it won't happen and the issues with harlan having players too old or illegal officials just doesn't matter any more. I've heard williamsburg talk about everything from wet field conditions and only lost due to special teams play to only if they had different officials. The finals were almost two weeks ago and nothing is going to change. Williamsburg, you lost to corbin no matter what the excuses, but you still won a state title....congratulations! Enjoy that and take pride in that. It is a great accomplishment.....corbin - back to back state titles and a fantastic season.....enjoy that and take pride in that. Could we please put to rest who lost to whom and who everybody thinks is the better team or the one loss that each team has was to a better team. You both are state champions with one loss each.........it doesn't matter who the loss was too. The only stupid thing is reading all this and actually thinking that someone is going to say something to end this difference of opinion. again you are both state champions...how many other counties in this state can boast about having two state champions in the same county. There is something to brag about.
OldBobcat Wrote:I have sat back and read these threads between corbin and williamsburg and who the better game was and so on and etc.....bottom line - anytime a team only loses one or maybe two games you always want that game back somehow to undefeat your season. Corbin would love i'm sure to get back the game with harlan or have a rematch but it won't happen and the issues with harlan having players too old or illegal officials just doesn't matter any more. I've heard williamsburg talk about everything from wet field conditions and only lost due to special teams play to only if they had different officials. The finals were almost two weeks ago and nothing is going to change. Williamsburg, you lost to corbin no matter what the excuses, but you still won a state title....congratulations! Enjoy that and take pride in that. It is a great accomplishment.....corbin - back to back state titles and a fantastic season.....enjoy that and take pride in that. Could we please put to rest who lost to whom and who everybody thinks is the better team or the one loss that each team has was to a better team. You both are state champions with one loss each.........it doesn't matter who the loss was too. The only stupid thing is reading all this and actually thinking that someone is going to say something to end this difference of opinion. again you are both state champions...[B]how many other counties in this state can boast about having two state champions in the same county. There is something to brag about.[/b]

Pulaski.....Just Saying. I totally agree with your post.:Thumbs:
Hey man, shoulda coulda woulda is just part of sports. We live in a state that still talks about the Christian Leatner shot almost twenty years later. As long as games are being played we will debate who is the better team. I know I don't take it personal that Corbin thinks they are better. In fact I root for Corbin when they aren't playing us and I know several Corbin fans that root for us when we aren't playing them. We are all proud of both teams, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little friendly banter back and forth about what was for both teams their most competitive game of the season. If that bothers you then don't read this thread. Pretty simple don't you think.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:Pulaski.....Just Saying. I totally agree with your post.:Thumbs:

Yes Pulaski can say the same, and what do all four champs have in common. All are from region 2. That is something to brag about.
newjacket Wrote:hey man, shoulda coulda woulda is just part of sports. We live in a state that still talks about the christian leatner shot almost twenty years later. As long as games are being played we will debate who is the better team. I know i don't take it personal that corbin thinks they are better. In fact i root for corbin when they aren't playing us and i know several corbin fans that root for us when we aren't playing them. We are all proud of both teams, but that doesn't mean we can't have a little friendly banter back and forth about what was for both teams their most competitive game of the season. If that bothers you then don't read this thread. Pretty simple don't you think.

making excuses, which you have made in your posts prior to this one is not banter. Obviously, you can't see the point of the post i was making which is this was almost 2 weeks ago......let's move on because because after a while "friendly banter" gets old and doesn't nothing but waste time and space........ You're beating a dead horse. If you don't like that, then just don't read it, i guess. And i stand corrected on the other counties being able to boast about two champions.....sorry pulaski, and congratulations to both groups on your seasons and wins
OldBobcat Wrote:making excuses, which you have made in your posts prior to this one is not banter. Obviously, you can't see the point of the post i was making which is this was almost 2 weeks ago......let's move on because because after a while "friendly banter" gets old and doesn't nothing but waste time and space........ You're beating a dead horse. If you don't like that, then just don't read it, i guess. And i stand corrected on the other counties being able to boast about two champions.....sorry pulaski, and congratulations to both groups on your seasons and wins

Sounds like you're the one living in the past. You're talking about post I made in the heat of the moment. Would you like me to pull up some of your old post? The current discussion has been civil and friendly. Don't get mad at me because you don't like the topic.
papawron Wrote:How do you add up statements w/o anything concrete to back them up? Everything you used as "proof" is just your opinion. Everyone but you understood the UK-Auburn correlation. Stupid?-- UP SURD??? The word is ABsurd. Look it up.

Who ever understood your STUPID correlation much not have much commonsense neither ..? Its ABSURD you would say that ... seeing that the only thing you compare is how close the game was .... Uk has lost to a bunch of teams unlike us we only lost to one ... which one the state championship .. we also beat the division one state champs .... so where nothing like UK ... and that makes your correlation STUPID! and maybe you should look up commonsense or find a book called football for dummies maybe it may help you understand what your talking about and not make such STUPID comparisons!
I log back on for the first time in a week and you williamsburg fans are still whinning over the fact that Corbin doesnt need to prove anything to you guys since they are the BEST team in KY middle school. Hands down. You should of been spending your energy baiting Lex Cath to play Willamsurg. That mght be a good game. BTW you cant compare Corbin's effort against Williamsburg (a regular season game) against Corbin playing us in he finals of the state tournament. Jeez! Lets see ....... in this game Corbin plays an undefeated regular season game....... and on the game Corbin is playing in front of 3000 people for the state championship...... It doesnt take a rocket scientist. But if it means that much to you ill concede that Williamburg would beat Catholic by 80 pts.
knighted Wrote:I log back on for the first time in a week and you williamsburg fans are still whinning over the fact that Corbin doesnt need to prove anything to you guys since they are the BEST team in KY middle school. Hands down. You should of been spending your energy baiting Lex Cath to play Willamsurg. That mght be a good game. BTW you cant compare Corbin's effort against Williamsburg (a regular season game) against Corbin playing us in he finals of the state tournament. Jeez! Lets see ....... in this game Corbin plays an undefeated regular season game....... and on the game Corbin is playing in front of 3000 people for the state championship...... It doesnt take a rocket scientist. But if it means that much to you ill concede that Williamburg would beat Catholic by 80 pts.

Not all WIlliamsburg fans are whinning. I think perhaps the Williamsburg fans were a bit put off by the Corbin fans looking down there noses at Williamsburg as they typically do. I don't think we can say Corbin is the best MIDDLE school football team since they did not play the D1 winners. They are with out a doubt the best D2 team as is Williamsburg the best D3 team. I know it is hard for many people outside the Whitley county area to understand the rivarly between Corbin and WIlliamsburg. I also think the fact that the high school football team at Corbin refuses to play Williamsburg in football adds to the issue.
With that being said, I got to see Williamsburg and Catholic play each other at a passing camp in Frankfort over the summer and by far they had the best game of the day with the seeding of the tourney being completing screwed up and matching the two best passing teams of the day against each other in the first round. LC won the game but barely after what was an obvious TD for Williamburg being waived off because of lazy officiating. I though LC and Wburg were very gracious toward each other after that game with a couple of coaches from LC saying that the burg should have been in the Championship game that day instead. Perhaps a LC and and WIlliamsburg game during the regualr season should have been arranged. I think it would have been a great one and a very exicting one.
Noble Wrote:Not all WIlliamsburg fans are whinning. I think perhaps the Williamsburg fans were a bit put off by the Corbin fans looking down there noses at Williamsburg as they typically do. I don't think we can say Corbin is the best MIDDLE school football team since they did not play the D1 winners. They are with out a doubt the best D2 team as is Williamsburg the best D3 team. I know it is hard for many people outside the Whitley county area to understand the rivarly between Corbin and WIlliamsburg. I also think the fact that the high school football team at Corbin refuses to play Williamsburg in football adds to the issue.
With that being said, I got to see Williamsburg and Catholic play each other at a passing camp in Frankfort over the summer and by far they had the best game of the day with the seeding of the tourney being completing screwed up and matching the two best passing teams of the day against each other in the first round. LC won the game but barely after what was an obvious TD for Williamburg being waived off because of lazy officiating. I though LC and Wburg were very gracious toward each other after that game with a couple of coaches from LC saying that the burg should have been in the Championship game that day instead. Perhaps a LC and and WIlliamsburg game during the regualr season should have been arranged. I think it would have been a great one and a very exicting one.

If you cant post anything but ignorant statements then don't post anything at all. Corbin fans didn't look down on Williamsburg. If anything most of us were hoping Williamsburg won the D3 championship. However we just feel like it would be unnecessary to have to prove we are better than Williamsburg by playing them again. And Corbin did play SW Pulaski last year in the State Tournament. It was the game after Corbin played Jackson Co. In fact that was the game that Jackson fans got on this forum and claimed that Corbin would not beat SW Pulaski, but like most other games it was completely lopsided. I did watch SW Pulaski play this year (3 times), although improved they are still a notch below Corbin in overall skill. And their fans were still a little sour from last year as they heckled our team.
All of the banter in completley normal IMO. We have lived in several different school districts in KY through our son's middle school years. When being faced with the move to Whitley Co. we carefully considered where to move. We were not familiar with the area at all, but found the people in Corbin to be some of the nicest we have ever known. The Corbin Ind. Schools get a bum deal from the surrounding area. IMO (this is from someone who is on the outside looking in). Not only are these kids 2 times State Champs, they are the #2 school system in the state. That is a tremendous acheivement! I know that some of the boys on the team had been held back. So what? I am sure that almost every middle school has players that are held back.

As for the Corbin fans looking down their noses at Wburg, they didn't. I sat with a group on Corbin fans on the Wburg side cheering for them. Not sure what everyone else saw.
I'm surprised to hear that the Redhounds are afraid to play W'burg in High School ball! Someone from W'burg pick the year in the next 4 years (with these kids playing, possibly their Junior of Senior year) that they would like to play Corbin. I'll try to get W'burg in the Cumberland Falls Pigskin Classic.