Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship)
redhound93 Wrote:I would just like to say the Lex. Cath. gave us a run for our money...by far the the BEST team we faced all season....and to newjacket...we would completely embarasse you in a rematch...I guess the first loss wasnt good enough for you to see who the better team was, IMO I would have love to seen us in D1.

Didn't Corbin Lose to New Harlan this year?? Wouldn't that make them the best team they've faced all season since they beat Corbin??
redhound93 Wrote:I wasnt trying to start an arguement, I was just stating a fact!! In the game in the regular season Corbin took Williamsburg lightly because of the way we beat you last year. The rematch wouldnt even be close. You are all complaining that you didnt get more individual trophies for mvp or all-state and asking for a rematch with Corbin?? It seems to me that you are not satisfied with just a State Championship....:eyeroll:

I wasn't trying to start an argument either and I apologize to anyone I may have offended. As noted above, I am new to forums and I guess I not only come across more harsh than I mean to, but also take offense when I shouldn't. I am just very proud of my team. Congratulations to Corbin on a great championship season.

P.S. great articles in the local papers about both teams. Make sure to check them out.
I Rule The World Wrote:Didn't Corbin Lose to New Harlan this year?? Wouldn't that make them the best team they've faced all season since they beat Corbin??

And Hew Harlan lost to Bell who lost to knox who lost to farnsley who lost to s pulaski who lost to williamsburg who lost to corbin. Sorry Harlan, can't make a best team claim when you dropped out of the tournament.
Newjacket Wrote:And Hew Harlan lost to Bell who lost to knox who lost to farnsley who lost to s pulaski who lost to williamsburg who lost to corbin. Sorry Harlan, can't make a best team claim when you dropped out of the tournament.
I second that statement...Harlan couldnt even say exactly why they had to drop out, they kept flip flopping on the reason. They said it was due to traveling issues; correct me if iam wrong they used nonapproved officials and couldnt come up with the $500 sponsership. Iam sorry but if I was a coach I would make sure that I could get the sponsership and use approved officials and traveling issues shouldnt have even been an excuse. Your playing for the right to call yourself the best team in the state! They knew all of this when they joined the KMSFA.
Williamsburg beat Raceland Yesterday, but I don't think they are better. Not having our quarterback yesterday was a killer. Combined with using everything we had to get by frankfort hurts. Williamsburg has a good team but they aren't any better than some of the teams we've played this year. I was very impressed by all of the teams i watched at the tournament. I really wish for ALL the teams sake for next year.....don't play back to back days....it's rediculous.
Good to see Corbin's boys and coaches at the top. That being said, why play each other? Corbin has the respect of the area, Williamsburg want some respect also. I don't think it would create respect, but I do think it would cause a bitter rival that could be the downfall of both schools. Again CORBIN STATE CHAMPIONS D@!!!!!!:rockon::rockon::1::1::1:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Williamsburg beat Raceland Yesterday, but I don't think they are better. Not having our quarterback yesterday was a killer. Combined with using everything we had to get by frankfort hurts. Williamsburg has a good team but they aren't any better than some of the teams we've played this year. I was very impressed by all of the teams i watched at the tournament. I really wish for ALL the teams sake for next year.....don't play back to back days....it's rediculous.

If you lose, the better team won!!!! WILLIAMSBURG IS D3 STATE CHAMPIONS. Don't try to cheapen it for them!! Don't feel bad, we would have beat Frankfort too.:Clap:
Don't cheapen it yourself by getting on here and acting like a cocky *******!!! No wonder everybody from Corbin was coming in the gate yesterday hoping Raceland would beat Williamsburg. Let me ask you this What happens to the Jackets at the highschool level where it really counts?
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Don't cheapen it yourself by getting on here and acting like a cocky *******!!! No wonder everybody from Corbin was coming in the gate yesterday hoping Raceland would beat Williamsburg. Let me ask you this What happens to the Jackets at the highschool level where it really counts?

If you LOSE, the BETTER WON. Do you want me to type it S L O W E R?:biggrin:
I hope in about 3 years you guys Are in the Semi State or state finals because Raceland will be there. Revenge will be on our minds. You guys never get thet far in highschool though.
That is what was said about our middle school team. Hope to see you there.:thanks:
Trust me.....Our kids are already preparing.
Im sure Corbin had to be slightly more fired up to play a championship game than a regular seson game at w-burg. Cath was in the game.....not for long though.....think we ould score...but as stated earlier....Corbin had the best backfield I have ever seen. Offensively they were not complex.....just disciplined, physical,and the running backs were relentless ( with a good line of course). Yes they are the best in the state without a doubt!!!! Great job Corbin!!!! As far as Cath......6 of the 11 starters were 7th graders. We ( lex Cath showeed alot of heart.....they never quit ...even down to the last drive!!!). Thanks for the effort to all those that coached these teams...great competition and great influence in a lot of kids lives!!!!! Also thanks to the middle school assoc for putting on the fine event!!! Coach Rose
redhound93 Wrote:I wasnt trying to start an arguement, I was just stating a fact!! In the game in the regular season Corbin took Williamsburg lightly because of the way we beat you last year. The rematch wouldnt even be close. You are all complaining that you didnt get more individual trophies for mvp or all-state and asking for a rematch with Corbin?? It seems to me that you are not satisfied with just a State Championship....:eyeroll:

LOLOLOL, I guess i opend a lolol can of worms. I can't hardly type this for laughing so hard. First.... Williamsburg, I have been bragging on you all season because I think you guys have a very, very good team. Second.... Me saying that Corbin beat you earlier in the year was not a putdown. It just shows how good I thnk Corbin is. I'm not just saying this because they beat us, I was saying this for the last 3 weeks if not longer. Did Corbin give Williamsbrg their A game? I don't know, I wasn't there, but I assure you they gave Lex Cath their best since it was the state championship game and it was a huge crowd. Maybe they played just as hard against Williamsburg, only they know, but I think our game was a bit more important to them than yours. I have bragge about williamsburg to all my friends, my son and in-laws so dont think I trash talking. I was just having a bit of humor with Redhound93.

Third.... if you really wanted to schedule a game that would be fun to watch and with 2 teams that are a toss up and seem to mirror each other then Williamsburg vs. Lexington Catholic would be a dandy. I'm not saying Lex Cath would win but I think it would come down to who had the ball last and a bunch of points would be put up. Congrats Williamsburg ,Corbin, and Southern Pulaski on winning your title.:igiveup:
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Williamsburg beat Raceland Yesterday, but I don't think they are better. Not having our quarterback yesterday was a killer. Combined with using everything we had to get by frankfort hurts. Williamsburg has a good team but they aren't any better than some of the teams we've played this year. I was very impressed by all of the teams i watched at the tournament. I really wish for ALL the teams sake for next year.....don't play back to back days....it's rediculous.

Didn't you just state on another thread that you had no excuses and just got steamrolled. Your word not mine. Then you get on here and start making excuses. As I said elsewhere, the kid most believe was our best player was on the sideline with crutches and several of our players were playing hurt. We had two linemen that could barely walk but they did their jobs. #68 had to come out several times to have trainer work on his ankle and #70 refused to come out even though he could barely put any weigh on his ankle. For a player that relies on speed he was not nearly as effective as normal on defense but he controlled his side of the offensive line all day. Point is every team is hurt this time of year. You play with what you got and may the best team win.
Newjacket Wrote:Didn't you just state on another thread that you had no excuses and just got steamrolled. Your word not mine. Then you get on here and start making excuses. As I said elsewhere, the kid most believe was our best player was on the sideline with crutches and several of our players were playing hurt. We had two linemen that could barely walk but they did their jobs. #68 had to come out several times to have trainer work on his ankle and #70 refused to come out even though he could barely put any weigh on his ankle. For a player that relies on speed he was not nearly as effective as normal on defense but he controlled his side of the offensive line all day. Point is every team is hurt this time of year. You play with what you got and may the best team win.

No......This is what I said. We flat out ran into a buzzsaw PERIOD. Not making any excuses for the little rams. You play with what you have at this time of the year. Just would have like to see another week off to prepare and both teams at full go. As for Sunday.....We got whipped....PERIOD. Steamrolled was not my word either.
Great job Williamsburg and Corbin on your wins this week-end and if you take out all the grown-ups and take a look around you would have seen that the kids from williamsburg and corbin were rooting each other on and supporting each other and thats all that matters why try to make it about anything else the past is the past and it was a great season on both teams part and yes they both are great ball teams, the kids did all the work so let it be what it is 2 state champs! great job jackets and redhounds
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No......This is what I said. We flat out ran into a buzzsaw PERIOD. Not making any excuses for the little rams. You play with what you have at this time of the year. Just would have like to see another week off to prepare and both teams at full go. As for Sunday.....We got whipped....PERIOD. Steamrolled was not my word either.

Sorry for using the wrong word, but the point remains the same
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:No......This is what I said. We flat out ran into a buzzsaw PERIOD. Not making any excuses for the little rams. You play with what you have at this time of the year. Just would have like to see another week off to prepare and both teams at full go. As for Sunday.....We got whipped....PERIOD. Steamrolled was not my word either.

Easy there Ram-A-Devil. No need to get your blood pressure up. NewJacket is just a little confused and addled about winning the D3 state and at the same time upset because they are still not in Corbin's league. He's a good guy tho and I'm sure when this all sinks in he will be fine.:Thumbs:
knighted Wrote:Easy there Ram-A-Devil. No need to get your blood pressure up. NewJacket is just a little confused and addled about winning the D3 state and at the same time upset because they are still not in Corbin's league. He's a good guy tho and I'm sure when this all sinks in he will be fine.:Thumbs:

You are correct. D3 is not D2. Though our fan are loyal to the area!
knighted Wrote:Easy there Ram-A-Devil. No need to get your blood pressure up. NewJacket is just a little confused and addled about winning the D3 state and at the same time upset because they are still not in Corbin's league. He's a good guy tho and I'm sure when this all sinks in he will be fine.:Thumbs:

Hey, at least I have admitted my flaws. We can agree to disagree on the Corbin issue. I have had my say and everyone knows where I stand on the issue, but I'm not the one getting on here making excuses right after I said I wasn't going to make excuses. Bottom line, every team has key players injured throughout the season. That should not be used as an excuse.
I Rule The World Wrote:Didn't Corbin Lose to New Harlan this year?? Wouldn't that make them the best team they've faced all season since they beat Corbin??

NO no no./ What redhound93 said was that Lex Cath was the BEST TEAM "BY FAR" THAT THEY HAVE PLAYED THIS YEAR. trying to use the point total as a basis to see which team is the best is horse hockey. I mean heck we beat Henry co. by 2 and Henry beat Farnsley by 20 but that doens't mean that we are 32 points better than Knox Co. Heck it doesn't even mean we are better than Knox co. at all. Maybe Knox had a bad game. Don't take the bait guys. I'm just having fun with you. I enjoyed watching every game played this weekend. Every team deserved to be there.
If I am correct Williamsburg was actually ahead of Corbin in that game and if the TD had not been called back would have been ahead even more. I also believed Williamsburg played thier worse game of the year that night and in addition to that Williamsburg starts several 7th graders while Corbin is all 8th. I do know that there are at least 2 players on Corbin's team that are from the Burg and that their families are still very close to people in the Williamsburg area. I have close friends from both teams and I believe several people from both squads were cheering for each other. Corbin and Williamsburg are like a pair of brothers who really get after each other (Corbin being the Big Brother of course) but when it comes to others going after them they tend to back eath other up (for the most part there are some who will not). That being said the Last time Corbin and Williamsburg meet (where it really counted as someone pointed out.....thanks for putting down all the teams they played in the Championship game BTW) the Little Brother Williamsburg got the best of the Big Brother Corbin and Big Brother has not wanted any of Little Brother since. Wink

With that being said. I think Corbin and Williamsburg should be very proud of what they both accomplished. Good teams are just that good Teams.
Also I think Lex Cath and Williamsburg game would have been outstanding to watch. If I am correct they played each other at a passing tourney in Frankfort back in the summer and had one heck of a game with Lex Cath hanging on to barely win in the end. Lex Cath I believed also said that Williamsburg was the best team they played in that tourney.
I think Lex Cath was a very gracious host this pass weekend and has always treated Williamsburg with respect and never looked down their nose at little old Williamsburg (At the UK passing camps of old they use to have some good 7 on 7 games at the High School level)

All teams who made it to Lexington this weekend should be gravious and proud of what they accomplished. I am sure all the kids and coaches put in a lot of hours to make it there.
Noble Wrote:Also I think Lex Cath and Williamsburg game would have been outstanding to watch. If I am correct they played each other at a passing tourney in Frankfort back in the summer and had one heck of a game with Lex Cath hanging on to barely win in the end. Lex Cath I believed also said that Williamsburg was the best team they played in that tourney.
I think Lex Cath was a very gracious host this pass weekend and has always treated Williamsburg with respect and never looked down their nose at little old Williamsburg (At the UK passing camps of old they use to have some good 7 on 7 games at the High School level)

All teams who made it to Lexington this weekend should be gravious and proud of what they accomplished. I am sure all the kids and coaches put in a lot of hours to make it there.

Well said and thanks to Lex Cath for the hospitality.:Clap:
I guarantee you all the undefeated teams we've played in the last two years played their worst them ever against us. You think there might be a BIG RED reason?
Worst game (sorry)
Redhound you must not know alot about football so let me make it more clear to you .....We will just base it on facts ....... Was Lexington Catholic ever ahead of Corbin? Who held Corbin to the least amount of points? who had more overall yards against them? Answer those three questions and you'll have who gave them the better game. Knighted I'm glade you've said good things about us this year but don't get upset that when someone says Williamsburg played better against Corbin... As for Corbin they have an unbelievable team and I know they weren't routing against us Well at least there team and coaches weren't. Also newjacket when saying he would like to see the 3 state champs play each other was referring to what was said at on ckysports broadcast at the end of the South Pulaski game.

Side note: ckysports.com you can watch all the games from this weekend with commentary.
knighted Wrote:Corbin is in a class all by themselves. We played maybe our best offensive games of the year and still got beat by 28. Reese Ryan passed for 341 yds and 4 touchdowns on 15-25 attempts against Corbin's 1st team (except of the last TD pass) but Lex Cath couldn't stop Corbin's running game in which they scored everytime they had the ball. I 've been saying all year that they are the best team in any division but I really didn't know how good they really are. Congrats Corbinites.:1::1:
one of your parents told me that #11 (the 6'5" kid) is going to concentrate on basketball in high school. I hate to see that because he is a heck of a receiver with good hands and speed. Put some weight on him and he could do great things in football but 6'8" (spectulation) kids have to be real special to go big time in basketball cause there are a billion of them
Newjacket Wrote:Neither I or anyone other Jackets fan has said anything other than we think a rematch would be a great game. It was Knighted and Redhound93 that started the trash talking. I recognize Knighted is a Lex Catholic fan and would like to think his team was Corbin's greatest foe and I realize Corbin is coming off a big win and Redhound93 wants to think they played this great team for the championship, but upon further recollection I'm sure he will come to his senses. Fact is our offense was only stopped on downs once and we stopped them on downs 4-5 times. The difference that day was special teams. Now that is a legitimate part of the game and we have never begrudged Corbin for winning the game. There were several Jacket fans that stayed to watch Corbin and they were rooting for Corbin just as hard as they rooted for the Jackets. The only thing we are saying is we gave Corbin a real scare and that we could have (not would have or should have) won if we hadn't made some key errors. Lex Catholic was never in the game today and were not even a real challenge. Not trash talking, just stating facts.
that's ok wburg we all realize that you are new to success but Vince Lombardi said it best wen he told Donnie Anderson after a touchdown dance; "Act like you have been there before"