Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 56 Lex Cath 28 (State Championship)
Old Redhound no disrespect to you but where not playing in the Classic to get screwed. Last game WHS played in corbin we got a raw deal and the next year you came to Williamsburg and we won been awhile back but you where there I would bet on it the year you beat us in Corbin where did the running back live south whitley county pretty sure the corbin bus doesnt run in mudcreek but who cares and congrats to the young men that worked hard for what they got on both teams
buzz Wrote:Old Redhound no disrespect to you but where not playing in the Classic to get screwed. Last game WHS played in corbin we got a raw deal and the next year you came to Williamsburg and we won been awhile back but you where there I would bet on it the year you beat us in Corbin where did the running back live south whitley county pretty sure the corbin bus doesnt run in mudcreek but who cares and congrats to the young men that worked hard for what they got on both teams

While looking at Williamsburg's schedule, I noticed they lost to North Laurel by a score of 41-20 while Corbin defeated North Laurel 24-6. Williamsburg also lost at home to Hazard 55-8 and Corbin also lost on the road to Hazard by a score of 35-28. So why would Corbin be afraid to play Williamsburg, more than likely, they figure they have nothing to gain by playing them.

Williamsburg has had a pretty good pipeline from McCreary Co. and Whitley Co. school disrticts over the years.:please:
buzz Wrote:Old Redhound no disrespect to you but where not playing in the Classic to get screwed. Last game WHS played in corbin we got a raw deal and the next year you came to Williamsburg and we won been awhile back but you where there I would bet on it the year you beat us in Corbin where did the running back live south whitley county pretty sure the corbin bus doesnt run in mudcreek but who cares and congrats to the young men that worked hard for what they got on both teams

The more I think about it, the Pigskin Classic is a good idea. W'burg will only get screwed one time. I believe it is a two year contract, but the other year you get to play someone else. Both of these great teams (assuming we can hold them together) play on the same night on the same field. Both sets of fans get to see the other team play and cheer for them (in the year we don't play each other). Just think, this discussion could go on for four more years! I don't have the power to make this happen, but I'll try to find the ones that do.
I'm sorry I should have not grouped all Corbin fans, there are many great people who do indeed pull for Williamsburg and vice versa. However there are have always been a group of people from Corbin who have always treated those from Williamsburg with an air of contempt and snobness. It's not an ignorant comment, it's the truth. I have seen and heard it first hand. I made too broad a statement there and I apologize to those who should have not been included. Perhaps I should not let those few affect my overall view.
By far one of the best coached and best play makers in the championship this year. You could have made an all star team from all the other teams and corbin would have held their own. I thought Lex Cath had a great team and season but ran into a buzz saw against the hounds.
Corbin MS plays like a 2A HS team, lots of athletes!
I watched Corbin all year. For a middleschool team they are very good 2A HS Team thats a stretch,a big one.