Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
KMSFA State Playoffs - Brackets
Attached please find the brackets for the 2010 Kentucky Middle School Football Association state playoffs.

* There is one correction on these - the 7th grade semi-finals will not be held at Lexington Catholic on October 30th. The location is under negotiations at this time. We will announce ASAP. Division 3 will be at LexCath as listed at those times instead.
I know that sometimes life isn't fair, but when you have Knox, Bell, and Johnson taking each other out that early it is not fair. 3 of the best teams in our state and only one has a shot after the 2nd round? If it was based on talent each team would have their own bracket.....
Sad to see Middlesboro didnt join the party. Dont think their coaches signed them up to play in state games. Such a shame, they have a talented bunch of kids this year. Oh well, theres always another year.
I agree BM82.
who does lex cath play and when?
I am new to the site and have a son in the middle school playoffs. However, I can't open the PDF. Says I am new to the site and don't have access. Is there anywhere else to see the playoff brackets?
BM82 Wrote:I know that sometimes life isn't fair, but when you have Knox, Bell, and Johnson taking each other out that early it is not fair. 3 of the best teams in our state and only one has a shot after the 2nd round? If it was based on talent each team would have their own bracket.....

One you have to look at travel. Having those schools travel or other schools travel 3 hrs or so to play a game(s) just is not in anyone's best interest. Last year they did try to find a neutral sites for a few games to help with travel. Then your looking at both teams paying for travel. Paying the host site. Paying the KMSFA and then splitting the gate btween the two teams.

This is also not any different than the HS playoffs in that respect. Look at the new district that has Trinity, Male, St X, and Ballard all together. You see it in football and basketball on the HS level where the 2 best teams in the state (or 2 of the top teams in the state) play each other early in the playoffs.

There is no question that the region with Bell, Knox, and Johnson is going to be one of if not the toughest regions year in and year out in the state. The other regions will be more up and down but that region will always be tough. It will always have a few of the top teams in the state.
If Im not mistaking Bell and Knox are 3hrs away from Johnson Central.
Who does Anderson County play first? I cant seem to open the *.pdf file. Thanks
New member here, and would like to know how to access the Playoff Bracket.

Thanks

Parent of Farnsley Wildcat
Who are the teams in the 3rd region division 1??

Thanks
mrboro Wrote:Sad to see Middlesboro didnt join the party. Dont think their coaches signed them up to play in state games. Such a shame, they have a talented bunch of kids this year. Oh well, theres always another year.

I agree. I was really looking forward to watching them play on the carpet.
Does anyone have any info on Simon ??? Where are they located ? What conference ?
canoeman06 Wrote:Does anyone have any info on Simon ??? Where are they located ? What conference ?

Coach, that is Fleming County's feeder school. They are locating in Flemingsburg about 45 minutes past Morehead.
BM82 Wrote:I know that sometimes life isn't fair, but when you have Knox, Bell, and Johnson taking each other out that early it is not fair. 3 of the best teams in our state and only one has a shot after the 2nd round? If it was based on talent each team would have their own bracket.....

its on points play more d1 teamsConfusedhh:
ILiveForHim Wrote:If Im not mistaking Bell and Knox are 3hrs away from Johnson Central.

You might be completelly correct on that. I know the regions were created with a few different things in mind. They wanted to keep travel down as much as they could. The other factor was th enumber of KMSFA members in an area. Certain areas of the state have more clustered members and some areas have none or they are extremely spread out.
barrel Wrote:One you have to look at travel. Having those schools travel or other schools travel 3 hrs or so to play a game(s) just is not in anyone's best interest. Last year they did try to find a neutral sites for a few games to help with travel. Then your looking at both teams paying for travel. Paying the host site. Paying the KMSFA and then splitting the gate btween the two teams.

This is also not any different than the HS playoffs in that respect. Look at the new district that has Trinity, Male, St X, and Ballard all together. You see it in football and basketball on the HS level where the 2 best teams in the state (or 2 of the top teams in the state) play each other early in the playoffs.

There is no question that the region with Bell, Knox, and Johnson is going to be one of if not the toughest regions year in and year out in the state. The other regions will be more up and down but that region will always be tough. It will always have a few of the top teams in the state.

dont hurt your arm patting ur self on the back
There's always going to be a team or 2 who feel like they could have gotten a better draw.
I have been trying to find the playoff schedule for the middle schools. My son plays for Henry Ciunty and we can't get any information. Could you please e-mail the pdf to [email]g.black@insightbb.com[/email]. I would really appreciate it. Thanks again-Greg:please:
Small school Division 3:Region 4
Has 7 teams listed in the region, but only 2 are coming out of it for the playoffs, 5 teams are not playing in the playoffs, and from what I understand , this is by choice!
I can not believe this, the schools wanted a small school division to play in and when it came to the playoffs ,,they are not playing?
I dont understand it!
delton fms Wrote:its on points play more d1 teamsConfusedhh:

The seeding within the region is based on points. So the fact they are all in the same geographic region places them on the same portion of the bracket. Points have nothing to do with what region you play in. So they could play all D1 schools or all d3 schools and it would not matter. They would still be in the same region.

As far as patting myself on the back goes. Are you refering to the fact that the Bell, Knox Co region is the toughest region in the MS playoffs? I have nothing to do with that region. If you have never watched or coached against a team from that region than you would not understand. I am sure Knox, Bell, Johnson and the likes would play anyone, anytime, anywhere outside their region. I know Bell has a hard time getting games.
mrboro Wrote:Sad to see Middlesboro didnt join the party. Dont think their coaches signed them up to play in state games. Such a shame, they have a talented bunch of kids this year. Oh well, theres always another year.

Maybe they did not think they had enough talent. That is a shame.
KMSFA2 Wrote:Attached please find the brackets for the 2010 Kentucky Middle School Football Association state playoffs.

* There is one correction on these - the 7th grade semi-finals will not be held at Lexington Catholic on October 30th. The location is under negotiations at this time. We will announce ASAP. Division 3 will be at LexCath as listed at those times instead.

owen county is happy how do we know who playing between lca and herny
Why is everyone so high on Bell County? Don't they have 3 losses?
It's not letting me view the PDF bracket. What am I doing wrong? I'm trying to find out our game info. Can't find it anywhere but here.
HOW!!!!
Henry goes 9-0 wins their District and has to go on the road. Western is a runner-up and gets a bye?
I think it is great that we have some type of state championship for the middle school level. The season is very short, so it's nice to have a championship to work towards.
You like me need to post and have reviewed % times then you can download the pdf
People are high on Bell because Bell is Bell. They are very well coached and play very physical. Of course this is true of most of the teams in that region. Once the playoffs hit everyone is 0-0.

People have to remember that you are seeded according to points not records. Henry Co played 9 games. Owen I know is D2. If most of the teams they played were D2 or D3 then they will have a lower point total. Most of the teams Western played were D1 schools. So each time they beat a D1 school it was like 3 wins against a D3 school.
ams09, Anderson County plays the winner of Conway and Moore.