Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JCMS 8th 40 - Lawrence 16
Final
This game was not as bad as it sounds.. the Johnson Co boys were very big. It was rumored that at least 4 members were 2 year hold backs...therefore could be JV or varsity players. Great effort and play came from LMS..Morgan O'Brien. Noah Lambert, Luke Schaeffer and Grant Kiser. Keep working hard Dawgs.
Lol
JC team was big, fast and very well coached. The Dawgs played them tough, more importantly they didn't give up or hang their heads. On to Verity for a big game.
some of them are two year hold backs. its not illegal. i guarantee Lawrence Co. had double hold backs too. we have a lot of talent. along with that talent we have strength, speed, and power.
who would've won, Greenup or JC?
ballfan87 Wrote:This game was not as bad as it sounds.. the Johnson Co boys were very big. It was rumored that at least 4 members were 2 year hold backs...therefore could be JV or varsity players. Great effort and play came from LMS..Morgan O'Brien. Noah Lambert, Luke Schaeffer and Grant Kiser. Keep working hard Dawgs.

Im not so sure about them being JV players but i heard "rumors" that they had 4 guys that are 20 yrs old or older playing 8th grade. LOL:lmao:

I'm just joking Mr. Slate. Fact is "rumors" are just rumors and anybody can say anything they want but it doesnt make it true.
as to jcfootballs post LC does have 2 hold backs neither is a double hold back though.
they played as well as they could against a team that more than tripled there size. no joke there was a lineman better than 300lbs and at least 4 or 5 boys better than 6'2".
They are very good when it come to playing boys 2 to 3 years younger.As for LC the o'brian kid is a heck of a running back;the lambert kid has the best set of hands I've seen this year; and the kiser kid is going to be a heck of a qb.
Greenup wouldn't stand a chance
It is definite that none of the players could be JV players and playing down to Middle school football level.. but age wise a 2 year old back could be close to 16 years old therefore is the same age as most JV players and some Varsity players The oldest kid LMS has is 14 as a 1 year hold back. When JC put in subs was very equal game.
I do not see any middle school team in this state even come close to competing with JC. They are to big and to fast. This team would easily defeat most of the high school teams in eastern Ky. Not a thing wrong with hold backs as long as it is for educational or maturity reasons. If you hold back because of sports that is mining for fools gold and rarely has any benefits but many consequences. A solid GPA is the best stat any coach, parent or fan should hope for.
I don't follow football that much but I do know a lot of the players at JCMS. As far as I know (and I don't know everything just ask my wife) there is 1 player that is a double hold back and he is not one of the six foot+ kids.
cart man Wrote:I don't follow football that much but I do know a lot of the players at JCMS. As far as I know (and I don't know everything just ask my wife) there is 1 player that is a double hold back and he is not one of the six foot+ kids.

Unless there has been a recent rule change in middle school football ...... the only thing that matters is that the kid has not turned 15 before August 1st. The only commitee that enforces that that I am aware of is the KMSFAA, but unless the player in question is playing in the KMSFAA state tournament I don't know what it matters. ( other than the obvious).
steeldawg Wrote:as to jcfootballs post LC does have 2 hold backs neither is a double hold back though.
they played as well as they could against a team that more than tripled there size. no joke there was a lineman better than 300lbs and at least 4 or 5 boys better than 6'2".
They are very good when it come to playing boys 2 to 3 years younger.As for LC the o'brian kid is a heck of a running back;the lambert kid has the best set of hands I've seen this year; and the kiser kid is going to be a heck of a qb.

Lawrence County must have a really young team if this is true. Johnson County has 32 kids on their 8th grade roster and the average age is just barely over 13 1/2 years of age. I doubt if your kids are in the 10 1/2 to 11 1/2 year age group.
ballfan87 Wrote:This game was not as bad as it sounds.. the Johnson Co boys were very big. It was rumored that at least 4 members were 2 year hold backs...therefore could be JV or varsity players. Great effort and play came from LMS..Morgan O'Brien. Noah Lambert, Luke Schaeffer and Grant Kiser. Keep working hard Dawgs.

(?????) Not understanding where you are coming from. This game could have been much worse than the final score. This was a game of total domination by JCMS on all facets. JC was able to run the ball at will by at least 4 differnet backs. Lawrence scored one TD on a fumble in the end zone on the first play from scrimmage after JC received the ball on downs on the 1 yard line after a defensive goal line stand. LC's second TD resulted by their starters scoring against the 7th grade substitutes near the end of the game. Coach Blair never intentionaly runs up the score on any opponent. If he had so desired, he could have embarrassed LC very badly.