Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Williamsburg vs Corbin 9/27
Any thoughts or predictions on this game. I have seen both teams play and both are very talented.
I think corbin is a little to strong for them.
Corbin has alot of speed and talent at all positions. Williamsburg has a fair amount of speed and talent. I think defense will be the weakness of either team. Williamsburg by 12.:Thumbs:
Corbin wins big. 40-0.
voljacketfan Wrote:Corbin has alot of speed and talent at all positions. Williamsburg has a fair amount of speed and talent. I think defense will be the weakness of either team. Williamsburg by 12.:Thumbs:

I agree Corbin does have alot of speed and talent, however they haven't played a team with a passing attack like williamsburg. I just don't think Corbin's secondary will be able to contain the Jackets recievers.
Im with bobcat fan on this one I saw them play Middlesboro and they was beat but a couple turnovers helped them.
Corbin by 12
I would like to see who Williamsburg has played this year besides Middlesboro.......that is the only thing I have heard about them is their game with Middlesboro. What are some results of other games they have played. Just curious....
voljacketfan Wrote:corbin has alot of speed and talent at all positions. Williamsburg has a fair amount of speed and talent. I think defense will be the weakness of either team. Williamsburg by 12.:thumbs:

just curious....what teams has williamsburg played and what were the outcomes of these games. The only game i have heard of them playing is the middlesboro game. I'm not saying that williamsburg isn't talented, i just wanted to see the comparison. I would really like to see the team that beats corbin by 2 touchdowns. Not saying it can't happen, i would just like to see what kind of team could do that. Just a comment on defense, corbin's starting defense has actually only given up 4 touchdowns in 8 games. All other scores have been against 2nd and 3rd team defense. Their defense is pretty strong....corbin has never actually faced a team that throws the ball primarily so it will be interesting to see what happens. Looking forward to good competition.
I Think it will be a great game. But I will take the Jackets by 12, to many weapons.
Williamsburg is currently 7-0 at the moment and have faced teams such as: Southern Pulaski 38-32, Jellico 62-0, McCreay Co. 38-14 (38-0 half), Middlesboro 34-20, Pineville 54-6, Jackson Co. 52-32 (42-6 in 3rd quarter), LCA 52-6. I can't say Williamsburg has played a schedule quite like Corbin, but for their size (roughly 60 boys in their MS) they have a tough schedule. I may be wrong but I believe Williamsburg has gave up roughly 8-9 TD's against their starters. They have a solid team this year, and I'm a firm believer that this team can compete with anyone.
Old_Jacket Wrote:Williamsburg is currently 7-0 at the moment and have faced teams such as: Southern Pulaski 38-32, Jellico 62-0, McCreay Co. 38-14 (38-0 half), Middlesboro 34-20, Pineville 54-6, Jackson Co. 52-32 (42-6 in 3rd quarter), LCA 52-6. I can't say Williamsburg has played a schedule quite like Corbin, but for their size (roughly 60 boys in their MS) they have a tough schedule. I may be wrong but I believe Williamsburg has gave up roughly 8-9 TD's against their starters. They have a solid team this year, and I'm a firm believer that this team can compete with anyone.

Only 60 or so boys in the ntire middle school? Williamsburg should be a heavy favorite to win the Division 3 state championship.
I am sure williamsburg can compete......their scores look impressive. Looking forward to playing good competition. It can only make you better down the road. I understand you played north laurel early in the year...how did you do against them??
Yes, Williamsburg only has roughly 60 boys in the 7th and 8th grade. And yes, they did scrimmage North Laurel, and as well as Wayne Co. I'm not sure of the scores because it wasn't kept. I do know that North was not as strong as in the past. Williamsburg scored at will during both games and held both opponents to one or two scores.
According to the schedule Williamsburg is playing Corbins 7th grade. Middlesboro is playing the 8th grade. Unless the coaches have come up with another plan thats the plan.
redhound93 Wrote:According to the schedule Williamsburg is playing Corbins 7th grade. Middlesboro is playing the 8th grade. Unless the coaches have come up with another plan thats the plan.

From all the talk around these two towns the coaches changed those games. Neither Williamsburg or Middlesboro has seperate 7th and 8th grade teams, just a combined 7th/8th grade team. So I believe the Corbin's 8th grade will play Williamsburg, and Corbin's 7th grade with maybe some 8th graders will play Middlesboro. I know Williamsburg is really looking forward to this opportunity to get a chance at last year's state champs.
Did Corbin and Williamsburg play last year?? If they did what was the score??
We have played both teams. Yes we lost to Williamsburg 52-32 and that was with 5 starters out but oh well the game still had to be played. I seen that someone posted about the defenses and that Corbin hasn't faced that type of passing attack. Well they have against Lone Oak last year in the state champion game. Corbins defense will be to strong for Williamsburg. Williamsburg defense is a little suspect. My prediction Corbin 40 Williamsburg 24
I also agree that Williamsburg will be a tough out in the D3 state playoffs
played Middlesboro last nite. Once again we were short handed (3 starters out) and lost 22-8. Did give up 2 int returns for touchdowns.
I understand about having players out. Corbin had 5 players out last night against North Laurel (4 of them starters). Had some kids step up last night and play very well. Still beat NL 44-16. Hope they can get healthy soon.
Jackson Cofan Wrote:We have played both teams. Yes we lost to Williamsburg 52-32 and that was with 5 starters out but oh well the game still had to be played. I seen that someone posted about the defenses and that Corbin hasn't faced that type of passing attack. Well they have against Lone Oak last year in the state champion game. Corbins defense will be to strong for Williamsburg. Williamsburg defense is a little suspect. My prediction Corbin 40 Williamsburg 24
I'm not a Corbin or Williamsburg fan, however I am a Middlesboro fan, but how can you say that Williamsburg defense is suspect. They had Jackson Co. down to 42-6 in the 3rd quarter and put their seconds in. To me that seems like a decent defense to me. Also, why all the excuses? Williamsburg and Middlesboro both have good teams and everytime I see a post about Jackson losing to either team is followed by "we had 5 players out". Who fault is it that they are out?
OldBobcat Wrote:Did Corbin and Williamsburg play last year?? If they did what was the score??

Yes we played williamsburg last yr and it wasnt close, cant remember the score but it was 20+ pt. win for Corbin.
redhound93 Wrote:Yes we played williamsburg last yr and it wasnt close, cant remember the score but it was 20+ pt. win for Corbin.

What happened last year doesn't mean anything for this season. Corbin players were overlooking NL the other night because of the way they beat them last year. And they had to wake up in the third quarter only ahead 16-8 against a NL team that should've never been in the game.
redhound93 Wrote:Yes we played williamsburg last yr and it wasnt close, cant remember the score but it was 20+ pt. win for Corbin.

If Corbin plays Williamsburg like they played against North thursday night they will not come out on the winning end.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:What happened last year doesn't mean anything for this season. Corbin players were overlooking NL the other night because of the way they beat them last year. And they had to wake up in the third quarter only ahead 16-8 against a NL team that should've never been in the game.

So whats your point I was just trying to answer the question. Yeah I admit they were overlooking NL, Worse game so far this yr.
Yea i agree with you Jackson County is always complaining about something. But as far as the Corbin and Williamsburg, I say williamsburg 14 Corbin 32.
corbin is so solid in all 3 phases.... corbin by 8
If Williamsburg stays within 2 touchdowns, I nominate them for the most improved team in the history of football.
Old Redhound Wrote:If Williamsburg stays within 2 touchdowns, I nominate them for the most improved team in the history of football.

In the history of football? That's quite a strong statement...