Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
State Playoff Picture
With the deadline for entries come and gone, can someone give us an idea on how it will play out? Like whos in or out, what team is in what division. Or give any info about it. I know there is a website will it be posted on there and when.
redhound93 Wrote:With the deadline for entries come and gone, can someone give us an idea on how it will play out? Like whos in or out, what team is in what division. Or give any info about it. I know there is a website will it be posted on there and when.

I was told last night from one of the men who runs the playoffs that they had a bunch of late entries just in before the deadline so they haven't broke it down yet and might be a week or 2 before they will have it done. He did say that we now have well over 100 middle schools that hove joined the party. He said it may of doubled since last year.
They will have over 100 members this year. They will have 3 different divisions for 8th Grade Playoffs and one 7th Grade Playoffs.

The Division 1 will be the larger schools and there will be 32 teams in those playoffs. The division 2 and division3 playoffs will have 16 teams in them. The 7th grade playoffs will have 16 teams participating in it too.

In my opinion the teams to beat in Division1 are: Anderson Co., Bell Co., Moss, Bowling Green, Meade Co., Greenup Co. and Lone Oak. Division 2 are: Cobin, Paducah, Caldwell Co. Who are yours?
Frankfort division 3 from the west.
Corbin Divison 1 from the East.
Johnson Central Division 1 from the East
Verity divison 2 East
Anymore thoughts
ManofGOD Wrote:Frankfort division 3 from the west.
Corbin Divison 1 from the East.
Johnson Central Division 1 from the East
Verity divison 2 East
Anymore thoughts

I think Corbin would Be Division 2
Johnson County Middle Division 1
Frankfort Division 3
Iam4theFlash Wrote:They will have over 100 members this year. They will have 3 different divisions for 8th Grade Playoffs and one 7th Grade Playoffs.

The Division 1 will be the larger schools and there will be 32 teams in those playoffs. The division 2 and division3 playoffs will have 16 teams in them. The 7th grade playoffs will have 16 teams participating in it too.

In my opinion the teams to beat in Division1 are: Anderson Co., Bell Co., Moss, Bowling Green, Meade Co., Greenup Co. and Lone Oak. Division 2 are: Cobin, Paducah, Caldwell Co. Who are yours?

I think Johnson Central should be right at the top of the DI list..
knighted Wrote:I think Corbin would Be Division 2
Johnson County Middle Division 1
Frankfort Division 3

what about owen county they beat frankfort and when you throw owen in you have to throw in herny county to
rebel 4 life Wrote:what about owen county they beat frankfort and when you throw owen in you have to throw in herny county to

Frankfort would be playing division 3 so if Owen Co. isn't playing in D3 then beating Frankfort might or might not mean anything if Owen is playing D2 or D1. I think Henry Co. will be a tough nut to crack no matter what Division they play in. Does Owen play Henry this year? If so then when?
I Rule The World Wrote:I think Johnson Central should be right at the top of the DI list..

i don't know anything about Johnson Co. so could you tell me about them? I just listed team I knew a little bit about.
Johnson County Middle is very tough. I hear that they have a team to contend with. I am pretty sure they will be Division 1.
what about 7th grade? who are some of the better teams?
Is Lawrence County in this?
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Is Lawrence County in this?

Lawrence Co. is a member of the kmsfaa. http://www.digitalsports.com is the link
But they still have to quailfy for the playoffs
dawgbyte02 Wrote:Is Lawrence County in this?

Lawrence Co. is a member of the kmsfaa. http://www.digitalsports.com is the link
knighted Wrote:Lawrence Co. is a member of the kmsfaa. www.digitalsports.com is the link
What does it require to qualify for the playoffs
be number 1 or 2 in your conference or have more points than another independent team. As of right now it is wide open , but ther is no division in 7th grade so you have to play every school no matter what size school it is. Can be very tough for smaller middle schools to compete with larger ones inthe 7th grade.
Greenup is very good. They should be in this mix cause they already beat Lawrance by about 20.
Throw Shelby Valley in there for D3 they are undefeated in there county this year and has beat some tough belfry and Pikeville teams which Johnson central only beat belfry by 14 in a good one. So just saying they should be included.
All i do is win Wrote:Greenup is very good. They should be in this mix cause they already beat Lawrance by about 20.

Yea they are they lost to Raceland which lost to Lawrence. I think Verity is out of it they've lost to GC and Raceland.
Who won the Verity/Raceland 8th grade game? What was the score? Greenup Co. 8th plays Boyd Co. tomorrow night at home to finish up its conference schedule.
Steelermatt Wrote:Who won the Verity/Raceland 8th grade game? What was the score? Greenup Co. 8th plays Boyd Co. tomorrow night at home to finish up its conference schedule.

According to http://www.digitalsports.com Verity beat Raceland 22-16 on tuesday nite
grim_reminder Wrote:Yea they are they lost to Raceland which lost to Lawrence. I think Verity is out of it they've lost to GC and Raceland.

I was wrong I thought the Rams won.
New harlan should be right in the hunt .they have a very good defense.they beat corbin' knox and should beat bell county.i think coach woods and coach craig do a great job .GO PATS!!!!! :notworthy:wenumber1
Boo Boo bear Wrote:New harlan should be right in the hunt .they have a very good defense.they beat corbin' knox and should beat bell county.i think coach woods and coach craig do a great job .GO PATS!!!!! :notworthy:wenumber1

I agree. There are quite a few contenders in eastern and southeastern KY. Johnson County, New Harlan, Bell, Shelby Valley, Pikeville, Corbin, Knox, Middlesboro, Williamsburg, etc........ It does seem that there is real parody in that area of KY. I think all these teams would be contenders for their respective Divisions.
Owen is D3. They are listed as Bowling Middle School. Something 113 males in the two grades. They do not appear to have sent in the paperwork or paid their dues to be part of the playoffs. They could of had a nice run in the D3 playoffs.
Steelermatt Wrote:Who won the Verity/Raceland 8th grade game? What was the score? Greenup Co. 8th plays Boyd Co. tomorrow night at home to finish up its conference schedule.

Boyd County beat Greenup Co. in both 7th and 8th; 8th grade score: BC 26 - GC 14; 7th Grade Score: BC 28 - GC 6; I'm not sure where that leaves the NEKC... Anyone know???
I think middlesboro should be in there 2
Shelby Valley plays Greenup tomorrow @ Valley this should determine something about the state playoffs and what each team is looking at ahead. Thoughts and predictions?
johnson central.... scary
I too think New Harlan will go far, They have a great middle school program, but it seems like a lot of people don't know much about them. I know they have a hard time filling the sch I would say Coach Woods would love too play some diff and better teams. I don't know which Div there will be in, but I would hate to play them in a playoff!!