Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Kanter took cash
Has anything developed with the Kanter situation today?? I havent really heard anything at all today. I am having a hard time deciding whether I think that the NCAA will make a formal announce anytime soon. I think that they will before practicing starts but the why they drag situations out (i.e. Sydney) you will never know. Like I said in my previous post, I think that most fans around the country will be claiming for the NCAA to have a full, in-depth statement able it. I think that this is no different as saying "tuition" for a student-athlete to go to a prep school like Oak Hill, it is just that the word salary is being used to describe Kanter's situation. I think that if these kids are able to accept the tuition scholarship from a prep school why cant Kanter's situation be an equivalent. And if it is that money why cant he pay it back.
I just think that some many things that a set up for the NCAA's are odd. One thing is accepted that is similar to another but the "other" situation is considered illegal. All in all I think that Kanter plays, but will have to sit out at least a 1/4 of the games while paying back the money.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe its the players fault? Ever think of that?

LOL, yep, it is the players fault. And it's those players that Coach Cal recruits. Give me the most talented and dishonest players I can find, and I will get you a Final Four.....ooop's the Final Four will get taken away from you, but yeah, I'll get you a very good team..... Blah, Blah, Blah :popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:LOL, yep, it is the players fault. And it's those players that Coach Cal recruits. Give me the most talented and dishonest players I can find, and I will get you a Final Four.....ooop's the Final Four will get taken away from you, but yeah, I'll get you a very good team..... Blah, Blah, Blah :popcorn:

LOL :Thumbs:
zaga_fan Wrote:So it's the players fault that Cal recruited them?
Did they hold a gun to his head and demand a scholarship?

So its cals fault they took money?

Did cal hold a gun to their hand and demand them take money or cheat on their sat?
Blame cal all you want. It means nothing.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Blame cal all you want. It means nothing.

:Thumbs:
Either way, if your anti Cal or not.. All coaches cheat.. It just isn't caught by us or the media.. They have to pull some strings or else all of them would have terrible teams.
UK will never be treated fair in anything. If it was lonely Utah State or a mid major team, the NCAA would take care of it quick, but when it is mighty Kentucky they take there time. The NCAA don't realize how much money they get from UK when the state goes with them in the tournaments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Blame cal all you want. It means nothing.

It just means that the players he recurits will ensure you don't get to keep you Final Four appearance............... That's all!
cougarpride08 Wrote:UK will never be treated fair in anything. If it was lonely Utah State or a mid major team, the NCAA would take care of it quick, but when it is mighty Kentucky they take there time. The NCAA don't realize how much money they get from UK when the state goes with them in the tournaments.

Are you serious? You really think the NCAA is out to get UK, seriously? C'mon! I am a diehard UK fan, and I know that is not the case. :igiveup:
Stardust Wrote:It just means that the players he recurits will ensure you don't get to keep you Final Four appearance............... That's all!

these same players are recruited by duke, kansas, unc,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:these same players are recruited by duke, kansas, unc,

H'mm, it would make one wonder how they end up where they do????? Why do all the bad eggs wind up in the same carton......:dontthink
Stardust Wrote:H'mm, it would make one wonder how they end up where they do????? Why do all the bad eggs wind up in the same carton......:dontthink

The other teams have had the bad eggs. The NCAA committee decided they didn't deserve punishment! Confusedhh:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The other teams have had the bad eggs. The NCAA committee decided they didn't deserve punishment! Confusedhh:

All because they want to wreck Kentucky's program and Memphis' program and UMass's program..... :flush:
Stardust Wrote:All because they want to wreck Kentucky's program and Memphis' program and UMass's program..... :flush:

I havent seen nothing done to kentucky yet? But Anyways, why did they find it not fit to punish duke if they dont play favorites. It was the same thing that happened at UMASS.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I havent seen nothing done to kentucky yet? But Anyways, why did they find it not fit to punish duke if they dont play favorites. It was the same thing that happened at UMASS.

Maybe it's based on one's track record. UK has had it's issues, thus just like in our everyday life; If it's your first offense, they go easy, muti-time offenders get hit harder. Our day's with Rupp were littered with controversy and then obviously our issues with Sutton. But what I don't get from so many UK fans, is this whole - "The NCAA is out to get us". When has the basketball program been hit with anything since the Sutton debacle? If nothing, why does everyone want to play this poor, poor pitiful me sympathy card?
IMO, NCAA is out to get Cal, not UK.
It just so happens that Cal is at UK.
Ballers Wrote:IMO, NCAA is out to get Cal, not UK.
It just so happens that Cal is at UK.

Well why would they want to get him if he is an upstanding and coach of unquestionable ethics. I just don't understand it, why, please tell me why do they want to pick on someone so innocent! They must have known 20 years ago that he would wind up at UK and they began probing into him for all these years because they wanted to eventually get to UK....My oh My....:popcorn:
Stardust Wrote:Well why would they want to get him if he is an upstanding and coach of unquestionable ethics. I just don't understand it, why, please tell me why do they want to pick on someone so innocent! They must have known 20 years ago that he would wind up at UK and they began probing into him for all these years because they wanted to eventually get to UK....My oh My....:popcorn:

So its Cals fault that Camby took the money and it's his fault that the NCAA thinks there is a posibility that Rose didn't take that test? They punished Memphis and they still couldnt prove that he didn't take that SAT test. The NCAA picks and choses who they punish which is B.S. Maggette at Duke done the exact same thing as Camby and he ADMITTED it. Maggtte played on a final four team and the NCAA didn't punish Duke. Even Camby said that Cal had no idea what he had done. Cal took the Nets job because they offered a big contract, not because of the troubles with Camby. Cal is our coach and I think it's sad that you claim to be a huge fan when you dog him like a Louisvile Tard fan would. If your gonna act like them, start wearing red and white. He's been great to our fans all over the state, and has us playing ball like we did in the 90's and you complain. lol Another question, if CAL gets so many thugs, then why are his teams ranked so high over his coaching career for team GPA?
Superman20 Wrote:So its Cals fault that Camby took the money and it's his fault that the NCAA thinks there is a posibility that Rose didn't take that test? They punished Memphis and they still couldnt prove that he didn't take that SAT test. The NCAA picks and choses who they punish which is B.S. Maggette at Duke done the exact same thing as Camby and he ADMITTED it. Maggtte played on a final four team and the NCAA didn't punish Duke. Even Camby said that Cal had no idea what he had done. Cal took the Nets job because they offered a big contract, not because of the troubles with Camby. Cal is our coach and I think it's sad that you claim to be a huge fan when you dog him like a Louisvile Tard fan would. If your gonna act like them, start wearing red and white. He's been great to our fans all over the state, and has us playing ball like we did in the 90's and you complain. lol Another question, if CAL gets so many thugs, then why are his teams ranked so high over his coaching career for team GPA?

Because you like a team does not mean you have to like the coach. Did you like Tubby and BCG while they were coaching UK? For myself, Cal was the last coach that wanted walking through UK's door. 1. I think there are better coaches out there 2. The baggage that he brings. The two vacated final fours under his watch, his questionable associate, World Wide Wes. He left UMass and Memphis conviently right before a punishment is getting handed down. You don't think that is suspiscious? BTW the UK Basketball team's cumalative GPA for last fall was 2.025. I would not consider that too high.
Jarons Wrote:Because you like a team does not mean you have to like the coach. Did you like Tubby and BCG while they were coaching UK? For myself, Cal was the last coach that wanted walking through UK's door. 1. I think there are better coaches out there 2. The baggage that he brings. The two vacated final fours under his watch, his questionable associate, World Wide Wes. He left UMass and Memphis conviently right before a punishment is getting handed down. You don't think that is suspiscious? BTW the UK Basketball team's cumalative GPA for last fall was 2.025. I would not consider that too high.

I said Team GPA over a CAREER, not a season. Also, If im not mistaken, Daniel Orton didn't finish his classes, which lowered the teams GPA because he didn't finish his courses for the last semester. Im happy for what he has done for us in such a short period of time. He's been great to our fans and has done a fantastic job in making UK a top notch program again.Not much that he could have done with the situations that happened at both schools. Camby took money and Rose possibly didn't take a test (ncaa never proved he didnt). Calipari was cleared by the NCAA on both instances. How was that his fault? Make me understand why it was his fault that both instances happened. No one knew about that crap that went on with Derek Rose. Coach K was recruiting him very, very hard. Do you think he would have recruited him if he was a "thug" or if their was doubt about his eligibility? Rose came close to going to Duke, it was his second choice actually and at one point in time it was his favorite school. If Cal messes up at all while being our coach, i'll be the first to say that you and Stardust was right. I just think Sandy Bell won't allow that, and you know Coach Cal knows that he has to follow every rule out there because he is in the spotlight of the NCAA.
Here's a post I made in the "Kentucky Team Thread":

Here's an article from Mr. Vitale. It's called "Calipari's critics should wait and see". Here's the article:

------------------------------------------------------------
I know this is the time that John Calipari bashers are coming out of the woodwork.

Let's face reality. The anti-Calipari people are ready to unload, feeling they have ammunition with the revelation that Memphis could be punished for violations during the 2007-08 season.

Wait a minute, my friends. Before we pass on any indictment of Calipari or the Memphis program, let it all play out. Find out how much Calipari was involved before drawing any conclusions.

There were recent rumors and reports that Derrick Rose, the star diaper dandy who led the Tigers to the championship game in San Antonio in 2008 allegedly had someone else take his SAT for him.

That is a rumor, rumor, rumor. It all has to play out and Memphis will hear the charges against them from the NCAA investigation.

I know there will be those crying that Calipari was at Massachusetts when the school got in trouble for the Marcus Camby situation. The NCAA forced the school to take down the Final Four banner, and wins leading up to and including that special time were vacated. Camby's violation dealt with his activity with an agent and Calipari was cleared of any wrongdoing with that mess.

I agree, a coach has to be on top of things happening with his program. He must be held accountable for the actions of his players.

In breaking this scenario down, you have to understand that when a coach deals with high-profile kids, student-athletes of that nature often have an entourage along for the ride. Members of their group often lead to major issues.

There is a dilemma as you make concessions in the recruiting world. These superstar players often have family members going to that city and being part of the circus-like atmosphere.

Derrick Rose's brother travelled in Memphis' circles. He often used his own credit card, which was legal. Then $2,000 in bills were not paid. There could have been a bookkeeping error.

I am telling you, these situations lead to problems.

It is a concern that is driving many coaches wacky. The high-profile recruit with the borderline academic background has that group giving him direction and ideas how to become eligible. It leads to problems, problems, problems.

As a side note, I find it hard to believe that Memphis did not tell new coach Josh Pastner about the pending investigation.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. All of the anti-Calipari people are screaming that Kentucky made a mistake with its coaching hire.

Let it all play out. Time will tell.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/dickvital...id=4222275
Superman20 Wrote:So its Cals fault that Camby took the money and it's his fault that the NCAA thinks there is a posibility that Rose didn't take that test? They punished Memphis and they still couldnt prove that he didn't take that SAT test. The NCAA picks and choses who they punish which is B.S. Maggette at Duke done the exact same thing as Camby and he ADMITTED it. Maggtte played on a final four team and the NCAA didn't punish Duke. Even Camby said that Cal had no idea what he had done. Cal took the Nets job because they offered a big contract, not because of the troubles with Camby. Cal is our coach and I think it's sad that you claim to be a huge fan when you dog him like a Louisvile Tard fan would. If your gonna act like them, start wearing red and white. He's been great to our fans all over the state, and has us playing ball like we did in the 90's and you complain. lol Another question, if CAL gets so many thugs, then why are his teams ranked so high over his coaching career for team GPA?

I was a Kentucky fan long before you! Do you like the President? Did you like the last one? Just because you do not like the President and his policies mean that you have to move from America. Cal is the Coach of UK. Their were plenty before him and there will be plenty after him.

If his teams are so good, why can't he win a championship?
Stardust Wrote:I was a Kentucky fan long before you! Do you like the President? Did you like the last one? Just because you do not like the President and his policies mean that you have to move from America. Cal is the Coach of UK. Their were plenty before him and there will be plenty after him.

If his teams are so good, why can't he win a championship?

or go to a final four without getting it vacated.
Jarons Wrote:or go to a final four without getting it vacated.

Thank you from another UK fan :worthy:
LOL thats funny. What has he done at UK to deserve to be talked bad about by a UK fan anyway? I have logical reason to compare u to a U of L fan cause your posts sound just like one. Not to many people will disagree with that either lol. Say what you want, but he's doing a great job so far. Idc how long you have been a fan to be honest. What has he done that you disagree with while being in Lex? Who would you rather have as coach? When Uk ran off Coach G, who was the top man that you I would rather of had? my honest first choice was Izzo, but from the results of what Cal has done im happy. Do you think any other coach would have three # 1 recruiting classes in a row?
Jarons Wrote:or go to a final four without getting it vacated.

as long as history doesn't repeat itself i'll be happy. :Thumbs: lol
Stardust Wrote:Maybe it's based on one's track record. UK has had it's issues, thus just like in our everyday life; If it's your first offense, they go easy, muti-time offenders get hit harder. Our day's with Rupp were littered with controversy and then obviously our issues with Sutton. But what I don't get from so many UK fans, is this whole - "The NCAA is out to get us". When has the basketball program been hit with anything since the Sutton debacle? If nothing, why does everyone want to play this poor, poor pitiful me sympathy card?

What are you going on about lol? I asked you one simple question. Why did the ncaa committee not punish duke? I never said the NCAA is out to get us, i dont believe i did anyways. Based on track records? Did cal or umass have infractions before? So if a player takes money from an agent and its your schools first time you get a free pass? Thats weird.
Superman20 Wrote:LOL thats funny. What has he done at UK to deserve to be talked bad about by a UK fan anyway? I have logical reason to compare u to a U of L fan cause your posts sound just like one. Not to many people will disagree with that either lol. Say what you want, but he's doing a great job so far. Idc how long you have been a fan to be honest. What has he done that you disagree with while being in Lex? Who would you rather have as coach? When Uk ran off Coach G, who was the top man that you I would rather of had? my honest first choice was Izzo, but from the results of what Cal has done im happy. Do you think any other coach would have three # 1 recruiting classes in a row?

Yep, after one year he should go straight into the UK HOF
I'm just not sure how people can pin Camby taking money from an agent on cal.