Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Kanter took cash
Losing him will be a huge blow to UK. Hopefully this report is false.
Why would the turkish GM tell the truth? you know he wants kanter back on his team.
My whole deal is other than the word salary, how is this situation different than a kid going to a prep school in which there is tuition. I think that Kanter may end up getting the opportunity to pay the money back (father is a doctor) and sit out 10 or so games in order to play. But I think that something will give in this situation allowing Kanter to safely play with no shadow from the NCAA
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:My whole deal is other than the word salary, how is this situation different than a kid going to a prep school in which there is tuition. I think that Kanter may end up getting the opportunity to pay the money back (father is a doctor) and sit out 10 or so games in order to play. But I think that something will give in this situation allowing Kanter to safely play with no shadow from the NCAA

Gosh I hope your right Scotty.
If they go forward with this and squeeze eligibility out of this player and something comes up with him later it will be BAD news....
I hope the kid gets to play college or at least play some more semi-pro and make it to the NBA.
I just think it's better for college teams to cut ties with him at this point.
zaga_fan Wrote:If they go forward with this and squeeze eligibility out of this player and something comes up with him later it will be BAD news....
I hope the kid gets to play college or at least play some more semi-pro and make it to the NBA.
I just think it's better for college teams to cut ties with him at this point.

..And that's because you are not a UK Fan, right! :biggrin:

JK, I don't disagree with you. I don't see UK cutting ties, nor would I want them to. I think it's fair to see what is discovered and hope that the young man makes the right decision based on the truth. It would be devastating if he did take money and continued the claim that he didn't and then risk the entire UK program. It would also be a shame if he truly is innocent and does not get to play because he cannot prove his innocence.
Stardust Wrote:..And that's because you are not a UK Fan, right! :biggrin:

JK, I don't disagree with you. I don't see UK cutting ties, nor would I want them to. I think it's fair to see what is discovered and hope that the young man makes the right decision based on the truth. It would be devastating if he did take money and continued the claim that he didn't and then risk the entire UK program. It would also be a shame if he truly is innocent and does not get to play because he cannot prove his innocence.

Don't tell anyone SDConfusedhh:
but I actually like to see UK succeed.
They aren't my favorite team but I've watched them for as long as I can remember and I can't root against them(unless they're playing the zags or whatever team I have beating them in my bracket lol).
and it's a blast poking at die hard wildcats, almost as fun as poking at Knott County Patriot fans lol
I am NOT a Cal fan, though.
He's walking the line again in his recruiting and I don't want to see him bring the program down. He's done it to two other programs before and I don't see why he would do anything different at UK.
zaga_fan Wrote:Don't tell anyone SDConfusedhh:
but I actually like to see UK succeed.
They aren't my favorite team but I've watched them for as long as I can remember and I can't root against them(unless they're playing the zags or whatever team I have beating them in my bracket lol).
and it's a blast poking at die hard wildcats, almost as fun as poking at Knott County Patriot fans lol
I am NOT a Cal fan, though.
He's walking the line again in his recruiting and I don't want to see him bring the program down. He's done it to two other programs before and I don't see why he would do anything different at UK.

Most blind die hard UK fans will say to this, "but he was not held responsible for the sanctions enforced at those universities, it wasn't his fault." Confusedecret:
I agree with ya though. I love the cats and any other in state team and I'll root for them as long as they ain't playing Lville, but I do not trust Cal at all.
Aslan Wrote:Most blind die hard UK fans will say to this, "but he was not held responsible for the sanctions enforced at those universities, it wasn't his fault." Confusedecret:
I agree with ya though. I love the cats and any other in state team and I'll root for them as long as they ain't playing Lville, but I do not trust Cal at all.

I know you can't keep an eye on every player.
But if he goes forward with Kanter and something happens....
I think it's still on him because of all the allegations beforehand.
I think as long as he didn't sign the dotted line, he's good.
Ballers Wrote:I think as long as he didn't sign the dotted line, he's good.

You don't have to sign a dotted line to accept cash or other incentives. If he accepted cash or other incentives, he will not be good.
Stardust Wrote:You don't have to sign a dotted line to accept cash or other incentives. If he accepted cash or other incentives, he will not be good.

Welp then, I sure hope they got proof of that!
Or else the Turkish commamnder over there is gonna look like a fool.
Aslan Wrote:Most blind die hard UK fans will say to this, "but he was not held responsible for the sanctions enforced at those universities, it wasn't his fault." Confusedecret:

Rick Pitino - 8 confirmed NCAA violations
Cal - zero NCAA violations
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Rick Pitino - 8 confirmed NCAA violations

Just goes to show how good Cal really is :popcorn: As I coined him, he's the "Teflon Don", nothing sticks..... yet!

:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

What are the 8 violations?
Stardust Wrote:What are the 8 violations?

Pitino was implicated in 8 of the 64 infractions that led the University to be placed on probation. The violations involving Pitino included providing round-trip air fare for a player between New York and Honolulu, arranging for student-athletes to receive used cars for season tickets, and handing out coupons to players for free food at McDonald's. He was also cited, along with the head coach, Bruce O'Neil, for providing misinformation to the NCAA and University of Hawaii officials. Also in 1977, the NCAA infractions committee recommended that Pitino and O'Neil be disassociated from Hawaii athletics. In 1989, Pitino would dismiss the report, saying "I didn't make any mistakes, I don't care what anybody says."
^ Ty,

I don't care how many violations Cal doesn't have.
You can't tell me he has always done the right thing.
Im not sure if anyone read the article in the Lex Herald by Jerry tipton today, but a quote in it made me feel a little better about the situation. He quoted Steve Smith from Oak Hill Academy saying that when he was recieving info about allowing Kanter to play there, that he was 99 percent sure that he was told that Kanter was not being paid. Prep schools main problem with Kanter was that he had pro experience and they didn't think it would look good letting a player with pro experience play hs basketball.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't care how many violations Cal doesn't have.

So, I guess it's Cal's fault that Camby took the money? I guess it's also Cal's fault that the NCAA cleared Derek Rose TWICE to play and then changed their minds after the season was over..even though they still can't prove that he didn't take that SAT test. Guess, when Maggette took money while playing for Duke and Duke wasn't charged is different then Camby? lol It's funny how the NCAA handles things.
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't care how many violations Cal doesn't have.

Very true. Eventhough he has been highly successful, he has left every program in a mess. I believe the same will happen at UK.
Superman20 Wrote:So, I guess it's Cal's fault that Camby took the money? I guess it's also Cal's fault that the NCAA cleared Derek Rose TWICE to play and then changed their minds after the season was over..even though they still can't prove that he didn't take that SAT test. Guess, when Maggette took money while playing for Duke and Duke wasn't charged is different then Camby? lol It's funny how the NCAA handles things.

No...
it's Cal's fault for recruiting thugs.
I've read a few more interesting facts about Pete Thamels article. Thamel twisted peoples quotes when investigating Bledsoe. The GM from turkey doesn't even speak english and he had to us a translator to talk to him. Imagine how easily he could have twisted peoples words around again. In both artcles, people are accusing him of misquoting them as well.
zaga_fan Wrote:No...
it's Cal's fault for recruiting thugs.

Maybe its the players fault? Ever think of that?
Superman20 Wrote:So, I guess it's Cal's fault that Camby took the money? I guess it's also Cal's fault that the NCAA cleared Derek Rose TWICE to play and then changed their minds after the season was over..even though they still can't prove that he didn't take that SAT test. Guess, when Maggette took money while playing for Duke and Duke wasn't charged is different then Camby? lol It's funny how the NCAA handles things.

I have preached these many times, everyone sees Coach K as the idol coach, so they just waive this off his record.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/...rk-times/1

Article posted about the situation on USA Today

Lol.
I'm not taking up for Pitino but he's not left the trail of destruction that Cal has.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Maybe its the players fault? Ever think of that?

So it's the players fault that Cal recruited them?
Did they hold a gun to his head and demand a scholarship?
zaga_fan Wrote:So it's the players fault that Cal recruited them?
Did they hold a gun to his head and demand a scholarship?

Several great programs recruited Derek Rose. Coach K recruited him just as hard as Cal did. No one knew that was going to happen. Their isn't a coach in america that wouldn't have let him play. If Rose is such a thug, would Duke the golden school of college bball recruit him? lol