Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wins or Championships?
Ballers Wrote::Thumbs:

I am so excited about the Basketball season coming up quickly!!! I am so pumped to see how it all breaks down and whether Duke can have a good shot at repeating.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am so excited about the Basketball season coming up quickly!!! I am so pumped to see how it all breaks down and whether Duke can have a good shot at repeating.

Duke will have a shot and will probably be the preseason #1.
However, when March comes around EVERYONE has a target on their back.
Repeating is getting harder and harder to do.
You have to peak at the right time, you have to stay healthy, you need experienced players that can handle the pressure, and a little bit of luck never hurt anyone :Cheerlead
zaga_fan Wrote:Duke will have a shot and will probably be the preseason #1.
However, when March comes around EVERYONE has a target on their back.
Repeating is getting harder and harder to do.
You have to peak at the right time, you have to stay healthy, you need experienced players that can handle the pressure, and a little bit of luck never hurt anyone :Cheerlead

Im sure that they will be #1 in all of the polls. I think that they will not repeat but they have another excellent team. Like you said, it is about peaking at the right time, mix in a lil luck (maybe a better than expected seeding Smile), and then anything can happen.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
There will be some sleeper teams to rock Duke.. Watch and see. NC State and N. Carolina both have talented guys ready to take them down.. Not to mention I'm pretty sure NC State upset Duke last year.. Now with the addition of a few recruits including big name CJ Leslie.. They may be in a world of hurt in the ACC considering NC got a bunch of new recruits and was in the mix for the #1 class with UK.

Looking at the schedule, the N. Carolina game we have at their own turf will be a dog fight..

Either way, I'm staying a "homer" or "18%er" and I have faith in my CATS.. That they will go out and do even better than last year.. Hopefully we will taste championship gold this year Big Grin
Ballers Wrote:There will be some sleeper teams to rock Duke.. Watch and see. NC State and N. Carolina both have talented guys ready to take them down.. Not to mention I'm pretty sure NC State upset Duke last year.. Now with the addition of a few recruits including big name CJ Leslie.. They may be in a world of hurt in the ACC considering NC got a bunch of new recruits and was in the mix for the #1 class with UK.

Looking at the schedule, the N. Carolina game we have at their own turf will be a dog fight..

Either way, I'm staying a "homer" or "18%er" and I have faith in my CATS.. That they will go out and do even better than last year.. Hopefully we will taste championship gold this year Big Grin

Well unless they go undefeated they are going to get upset at some point in the season, since they are probably going to be ranked #1.

Learn from the losses, come back strong, and make a run at the championship(which I think is more important).

That's my attempt at getting us back on topic lol
I dont't care if we go 16-16 as long as we get into the tournament and win the whole thing! lol :biggrin:
Bleacher_Creature_10 Wrote:I dont't care if we go 16-16 as long as we get into the tournament and win the whole thing! lol :biggrin:

Good call..:Thumbs:
I like having championships, but wins against big teams are nice too!
Ballers Wrote:Good call..:Thumbs:

But no one ever remembers who one the big regular season games...
Ballers Wrote:Good call..:Thumbs:

The only one I care about is Louisville! If we beat them and go to the tournament and win it all no ones going to remember that you beat Drexel 100-46! lol There only worried about rings and banners!
Ballers Wrote:Zaga, I'm gonna say that I believe we can go with championships.. But let me give you this to think about.. UK with 7 titles.. very impressive, but they also have the most WINS to back it up.. UCLA yeah they have 11 championships, but many many teams are in front of them with wins.. Hope you get my drift.. If it were a point system, I would give my hat to Kentucky for being so consistent.

UK have been playing basketball longer then most of the school. UCLA didn't start playing basketball until the 1920's or 1930's. I can't remember the right year. but NC didn't start playing until around 1918. So UK got 15 years on NC, and 20 some years on UCLA.
How about both!
UNC started in 1910
UK started in 1903
UCLA started in 1920

I think that a lot of the those first years for UK were really low numbers of games played. Take UK's first season they played 3 games and lost 2 of them. So I guess UNC may have made up group once they started.
[SIZE="4"]
why is it relevant that UK started before those 2 schools? Unless they got a championsip within those years that those schools listed was not active.. Then that statement is completely pointless.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:UNC started in 1910
UK started in 1903
UCLA started in 1920

I think that a lot of the those first years for UK were really low numbers of games played. Take UK's first season they played 3 games and lost 2 of them. So I guess UNC may have made up group once they started.

Ballers Wrote:why is it relevant that UK started before those 2 schools? Unless they got a championsip within those years that those schools listed was not active.. Then that statement is completely pointless.

Jacked up some words in my sentences... Sorry! Ballers you weren't referring to this were you. I was just trying to say how, UK did not play very many games just starting out.:Thumbs:
[SIZE="4"]
Nah I was replying to the other guy, cj.
^ Alright man! I didnt think that you were but I wanted to just clairify what my post was. I will try to do a little more research into this but UK really only play probably 50 games total within the first 10 years of being a team (probably even less).
[SIZE="4"]